Boost Your Immunity to Boost Your Weight Loss
Lisa Lynn- Fitness Expert & Specialist in Weight Loss and Metabolic Disorders
My specialty is weight loss. One of the most important things I work on is BOOSTING my client’s immunity because if you’re sick, you can’t work out and every second we miss in the gym is worth three giant steps backward when it comes to boosting your metabolism and losing weight. Working out every day is essential if your metabolism is stuck and you’re trying to lose weight. However, workouts can also weaken your immune system. Staying healthy is top priority for life and to keep your workouts on track.
Here are FIVE things you can do to stay healthy and FIT!
1. Drink to avoid illness! Not alcohol, water! I know you have heard this a million times BUT DRINK lots of water! Drink ½ your body weight in ounces as a starting point. When we are sick, we need more water and hot tea w/lemon counts! EX: if you weigh 120 drink 60 ounces of water daily!
2. Have M & M everyday! Not candy BUT a medicinal mushroom also known as AHCC. AHCC (MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS) is the most researched specialty immune supplement in the world with more than 80 supporting research studies. It is also the leading alternative cancer treatment used throughout Asia. AHCC turns up the dial on your natural immune response to help you fight off a wide range of immune system threats (beyond the flu).
3. Sleep at least 7-8 hours each night! During sleep our body releases immune strengthening compounds and, without sleep, all of the stress hormones INCREASE causing us to gain fat around our midsection. Can’t sleep? Try 6 drops of Oxytocin before bed to help you fall asleep and stay asleep and it will block the stress hormones making you store excess fat around your midsection and you’ll feel happier!
4. Power up you’re your energy by getting adequate antioxidants! When taken in liquid form, antioxidants work fast and give you energy and they also neutralize the free radicals that make you sick. Vitamins A, C, and E as well as COQ10 and minerals like zinc are the power houses in the antioxidant family BUT be sure to get a high quality supplement and use it daily! I like DAILY POWER SHOT because it’s a yummy liquid colloidal multi vitamin mineral supplement that is of the highest quality and made in a pharmaceutical lab. It works fast to help you get to work when you’re not feeling well! * I give it to my kids when they don’t feel well to keep them healthy and in school!
5. Exercise at a lower intensity! Moderate exercise can boost your immunity and help you get better fast BUT if you exercise too hard, you will weaken your immunity. I suggest that my clients exercise at 50% of what they are capable of and this tip can keep you exercising for the rest of your life because we tend to be black or white when it comes to exercise. We either go all out or not at all and, to be honest, it’s the consistent and frequent workouts that get you in shape, NOT the most intense!
- Lisa Lynn
Raspberry Ketone: Fat Burner in a Bottle
Research has shown that raspberry ketone can help in your weight-loss efforts, especially when paired with regular exercise and a well-balanced diet of healthy and whole foods.
Raspberry ketone is the primary aroma compound of red raspberries. This compound regulates adiponectin, a protein used by the body to regulate metabolism. Raspberry ketone causes the fat within your cells to get broken up more effectively, helping your body burn fat faster. The recommended dose is 100mg per day. To get the same benefit from the whole fruit, you'd have to consume 90 pounds of raspberries.
The Martha Stewart Show: Toning Exercises with Lisa Lynn
(click the image to watch the segment)
3 Ways to Cut Calories Without Being Hungry
5 Rules for Losing Those Last 10 Stubborn Pounds
Losing those last five or 10 pounds can be downright impossible. The bottom line is … it is all about numbers! All you have to do is take your goal weight and multiply it by 10 – and that is the correct amount of calories that you should be taking in each day in order to reach your goal weight. The hard part is HOW do you decrease your calories without giving up even more?