Skyrocket your Metabolism in the gym with THREE simple steps!
If you’re not seeing the changes you want to see even though your spending hours in the gym………“ I’ve got GOOD news for you: It can be easier than you think. If you’re still carrying or storing excess fat around your mid-section (aka your Insulin Band) you need to make some adjustments in your routine. Just a few small changes to your workout could help you SKYROCKET your metabolism to force your body to burn fat in as little as a few workouts. In fact most of my clients say they feel better after their first workout!
If your workout consists of going to the gym to use machines or the treadmill or maybe you prefer Pilates, Yoga, and Zumba NONE of these are the best way to REV up your metabolism so you won’t burn fat for fuel! Don’t get me wrong, all exercise is better than no exercise and I always suggest doing something instead of nothing, but IF YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT AND BURN FAT, 80% of your success will come from what you eat NOT from the gym!
University researchers compared cardio workouts to Metabolic style Workouts (like the one you’ll find on my DVD called the-Metabolic Workout) . While both workouts helped participants lose the same amount of weight, the group that lifted weight burned nearly 5 pounds more fat than the aerobic group.
Why? Because the group that used weights burned almost pure fat, while the cardio group was losing muscle. Keep in mind its free weights not machines that they are referring to.
Here are THREE that SKYROCKET your metabolism to force your body to burn fat!
1. DO NOT EAT BEFORE YOU WORKOUT! Unless you want to gain weight/muscle! The whole point to your workout is to teach it to burn stored body fat. IF you eat you STOP that process, it’s also not good for digestion. DO work out on an empty stomach because your insulin levels are low and that’s the best way to burn stored fat! *Black coffee is ok BUT DON’T ADD milk or sugar black means black! If you must have something, have a Protein Shake as it is pre-digested and won’t stop your fat loss!
2. SUPPLEMENT SPECIFICALLY FOR FAT LOSS before your workout! Using Cutting Edge & Carb Edge while you work out can SKYROCKET your fat loss BUT using the wrong supplements can STOP IT!
Top Fat Loss Supplements That Work:
L-Carnitine : Helps lure fat into the cells to be burned for energy. *Found in the Cutting Edge.
B complex: Helps your body burn fat and improves mood. B complex helps break down calories and should be combined in your fat loss formula for best results!
Caffeine: Helps energize your body so it help it to burn more calories. Caffeine also increases your dopamine response helping to alleviate depression
MY Personal Favorite “Before Workout” supplements also include Suma root, Forskoli (found in LynFit’s Carb Edge) and of course Raspberry Ketones (found in LynFit’s Accelerator). If you’re like me Female & over 40 I’m sure you want all of the help you can get!
3. GO VERY DEEP and Multi task! For better fat loss go very deep in your moves! The deeper you go the more “LARGE” muscles like the buttocks you will recruit and that means you’ll burn more calories even after you’re done working out!
Best Fat Loss Moves: Deep Squats to Front Raises
Deep Side Lunges with DB Twist
Stiff Leg Dead Lift SUPERSET w/ pushups!
What do these moves have to do with making your body burn more fat from your stomach? They work the largest muscles in your body at the same time so you burn more calories for 24 hours after your done working-out-causing your bodies to use fat for fuel and when your body burns fat it doesn’t SPOT reduce it pulls it from all over. STUDIES show that Metabolic Exercise burns fat from your ABS because it lowers insulin levels! VISIT www.lynfit.com to discover how to blast fat and uncover your chiseled core!
Staying Healthy through Cold and Flu Season
It’s cold and flu season and everyone is running to get the flu shot. That’s not the only thing you need to do to stay healthy! Every day we are infected with viruses and IF our immune systems are strong enough they will fight them off and we will not get sick BUT if we are under stress, become anxious or aren’t eating or sleeping right, our immune systems won’t be strong enough to fight off these harmful viruses. I’m not saying that I am for or against the flu vaccine, BUT have you ever asked yourself …if the flu shot works then why are so many people getting the flu?
DID you know…
- The flu shot has to be in your system for 2 weeks to become effective and offer full immunity
- Most people actually contact the flu while they are waiting to get their shot and that’s why they get sick right after, it’s NOT from the vaccine.
- The flu does NOT protect you from the basic cold, respiratory illness, sinus infection, pneumonia, bronchitis or stomach flu, it only protects you from the flu!
- The studies that support the flu vaccine over-state their effectiveness
Did you know that IF our immune systems are strong enough they can protect us from colds and flu and even the most deadly diseases?
Here are the best ways to SUPER CHARGE your immunity to stay healthy for life NOT just cold and flu season
●Stay hydrated by drinking lots of fluids especially HOT TEA. Drinking hot tea/fluids has been shown to help wash the bacteria into your digestive tract, where the “Chemical Stew” in your stomach can kill off the germs before they spread throughout your body. You can also gargle with warm water w/ salt or Listerine to help remove bacteria that sits in the back of your throat for instant relief.
●My favorite IMMUNE BOOSTER is AHCC also known as medicinal mushrooms. AHCC is THE most researched specialty immune ingredient in the world. These medicinal mushrooms turn up the dial on your natural immune response to help fight off a wide range of immune system threats. * Take AHCC along with your flu shot to help boost your immunity.
● Eat specifically to boost your immunity. Pre (NOT PRO) Biotics are one of the oldest tricks in the books when it comes to staying healthy. LynFIT’s Lean Bars contain Pre Biotics which help “FEED and grow” the good bacteria that’s found in our guts and help produce a strong immunity! Pre Biotics are also known to improve digestive health like Irritable Bowel Syndrome, antibiotic or traveler’s diarrhea or colitis by normalizing bowel function and Pre biotic fiber also aids in calcium absorption! Who knew eating a LynFIT Chewy Chocolate Lean Bar would be so good for your health and your weight loss! What a lot of people don’t know is that taking pro biotics takes the job of producing good bacteria away from your body! Super charging your immunity is all about getting your body to do the job and be good at it versus taking lots of supplements that do it and actually make it worse because your body’s defense system can go to sleep instead of becoming a strong fighting army that’s ready for combat when we are faced with illness or disease.
●Experts all agree that taking vitamin C, Zinc, among other Anti-Oxidant fighters, are worth the expense when it comes to fighting off illness. Who wants to take 30 different supplements when you’re not feeling well or wait until they work? NOT ME! I depend on LynFIT”S Daily power shot because it’s loaded with vitamin C, Zinc and all of the anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals that boost immunity and because it’s in a liquid form, it’s digested faster and you feel better faster! If you are really struggling and low on energy, take the Daily Power Shot again before a workout to provide fast energy to help get you through the most grueling workouts!
●KEEP MOVING to boost immunity- Exercise can either boost immunity or hurt it. In order to boost your body’s immune response you need to do less. I suggest doing 50% of you usual workout or only giving it 50% of your energy. You should always leave a workout wanting more not over doing it! Try my recovery stretch you’ll feel a little better and your body won’t be so stiff!
2013 Fit & Lean You!
The #1 New Year’s resolution every year is to lose weight and get into shape.
FEAR of failure is the #1 reason most of us don’t reach our goals and we fail because we set goals that don’t excite us enough.
This year set a goal that excites you so much you can’t wait to get up in the morning! The fear will be gone because excitement takes over! That’s how we make BIG changes! Setting goals that excite you is the #1 way to reach your goal and nothing can STOP you except your attitude! Say good bye to the old ways of thinking like “set small attainable goals”. This is worse than no goal at all. If you’ve tried this approach with little success, then I say………………DREAM BIG and go for it! YOU can do anything you set your mind to!
What’s your goal this year? To drop 10 pounds or maybe you have 10 more to go..........do you want to feel better, be healthier or simply fit in your clothes better? DARE to dream, that's how dreams get fulfilled! Obsess on your goal for a while and place sticky notes all over the house reminding you of your goal and how you’ll feel when you accomplish it! Failure isn't an option anymore!
Here are THREE things that GUANRANTEE RESULTS!
1. Power up your metabolism with protein!
Replace your current breakfast or a not so healthy snack with a LynFit Protein shake to boost your metabolism and to offset excess calories. Eating out, parties and stress all cause us to fall off the wagon and drinking a Protein shake daily is the #1 way to lose weight QUICKLY even if you aren’t eating perfectly. You’ll lose weight immediately while you’re learning how to eat for weight loss. Seeing results is what keeps us on track!
*Don’t need to lose weight? Drinking a shake nourishes your body better than any single food you can eat because its gets absorbed quickly because it’s easier to digest.
2. Melt fat and whittle your middle with metabolic style workouts.
Swap your current workout for a 30 minute LynFit Leaner Lifestyle Metabolic workout that melts fat and helps flatten out your abs. Not all workouts produce the results we seek and that’s why you need to change your workout if it’s not producing results. If you only have 15 minutes a day you can still workout at home and get flatter abs and a fitter body. There aren’t any excuses it’s fast, easy and anyone can do it!
Strength training is a constant CALORIE burner and will change your body more than any other type of exercise!
Lift weights three times a week for best results and walk for 30 minutes on alternate days.
*Want to tone, not reduce? Don’t decrease your calories and you’ll increase muscle and get fit without losing weight!
3. Overcome the obstacles that take you off track by trouble shooting them ahead of time.
I crave carbs- The more you eat them the more you WILL crave them. Try Carb Edge and Lean Bars to BLOCK cravings before they begin! The Cutting Edge supplement can help you navigate your way through those tough times by providing nutrients that make us crave in the first place. The LynFit Carb Edge supplement also contain ingredients that BLOCK the absorption of carbs and fat, blocking the rise of insulin which causes our bodies to store fat.
I am tired- Tired, no energy? This is where a cup of coffee and a good supplement loaded with B Complex vitamins like the Daily Power shot helps. Take it 30 minutes before your workout or the Accelerator to increase your energy. They can help you feel better both physically and mentally so you feel like going to the gym and have a better workout. Even people who don’t want to lose can benefit from taking a good blended supplement and the right blend will help you get leaner by encouraging your body to burn fat for fuel.I don’t have the time- That’s exactly why the Metabolic Boost and all of the workouts found in the Leaner Lifestyle DVD series are under 40 minutes that get GREAT results. IF you have 15 minutes you have more than enough time! Less travel = more gym time and better results! You can always break your workout up into 2-15 minute workouts!
Diet Disaster’s that STOP you from losing weight!
Please don’t shoot the messenger! I don’t make the rules…..I just report them! All day long I hear “It was just a little” I only have “it” once in a while. The reality is that you still need to lose weight; you are having it too much! My message to anyone who wants to lose weight is…give the food or drink up for 30 days and then decide if its’ hurting your weight loss or not. We all seem to underestimate our bad behavior and overestimate our good behavior. It’s true! Start keeping an honest food journal and BE honest with yourself. Start writing down every single thing that goes in your mouth as well as how much and what you put on it. Which brings me to my point. Sometimes its not the HUGE things that wreck our diets, most of the time it is the tiny little things that we don’t even think need to be written down in our journals.
Here are the top things that NO ONE ever writes down that will definitely STOP your weight loss.
- Cheese 2 oz of reduced fat cheese = 180 calories and 12 grams of fat.
- ALCOHOL 1 ounce = 90 calories and who uses 1 ounce?
- ¼ cup of trail mix = 640 calories. That’s about 4 handfuls
- Peanut Butter 2 Tbsp reduced fat 190 calories
- Mayonaise 1 tbsp = 100 calories
- Pasta 1 cup of small spirals = 315 calories
The reality is that if you are serious about losing weight these foods have no place in your diet. I suggest that you stay away from them for 30 days so that you can see what an impact these foods have on your waistline. Once you reach your weight goal you can begin putting some of the foods back into your life HOWEVER…what you do to lose weight is also what keeps the weight off so this needs to become a way of life! If we struggle with certain foods the best remedy is to stay away from them. Why fight with yourself! Here are a few solutions that can help you to lose weight and they can replace the foods that are high calorie diet wreckers!
- Cheese-Look for the 100 calorie snacks like cheese it’s or sprinkle parmesan cheese on your salads instead to get your fix.
- Alcohol- Sorry if you’re trying to lose weight in your midsection….none is better than some here. BUT if you really have to go for a white wine spritzer or simply use a smaller wine glass and don’t fill it all the way. WATER IS your BEST SOLUTION!!
- Go for the 100-calorie snack packs! If it is salt that you are craving aim for salty snacks if it is sweet aim for a sweet 100-calorie snack.
- Instead of peanut butter go for a peanut butter protein bar that is 100 calories or as close to 100 calories as possible.
- Go for Kraft or Smart balance mayo instead of full fat may and you will only be getting 10 calories per tablespoon.
- Use veggies instead as a base for your tomato sauce/gravy and top it with a turkey meatball!
If you can’t portion control it DON’T EAT IT! You will better off and you will feel better I guarantee it!
EXERCISE SLUMP BUSTERS THAT WILL GET YOU FIT FAST!
Every one of us has been in an “EXERCISE RUT” before. There are a few tricks that can break you out of that exercise rut. If you have been working out for a while you know what I am talking about. The good new is that you will see results immediately because the workout techniques that I am going to show you will “SHOCK” your body into change. Remember to give yourself a pat on the back for sticking to your workouts because even so-so exercise will keep you on the fit side versus getting more out of shape everyday which is the NORM in this country. Remember, that which gets appreciated gets repeated! This is the law of the universe. When we beat ourselves up we tend to get even more depressed and we will do even less exercise. As a fitness coach I always get people to spend their time and energy making plans to get ahead instead of spending their time looking backward at what they didn’t do right!
This trick that I am going to give you is one of the tricks of the trade that we use to get people (usually celebrities) in shape very quick! If you are a beginner, start out a little easier BUT, if you are in any kind of shape…………………GO FOR IT!!!!!!!
Five rules to remember:
- Always use as heavy a weight as you can lift safely. Don’t go easy on yourself, you can always drop down to a lighter weight
- Choose one exercise per body part.
- Do not rest in between sets EVER!!!!!!-Your heart should be pounding or you are not working hard enough!
- Set a timer. This workout should not take you more than 30 minutes if you are trying to burn fat. If you want more size you can simply go slower and eat more calories!
The WORKOUT: These are just a few of the exercises to give you the basic idea.
- Deep squats
- Stiff leg dead lifts
- Shoulder presses
The difference between this workout and the same old same old is that you will be doing 100 repetitions of each exercise using the heaviest weights that you can safely lift. YES, that was 100 reps. Remember if you keep doing what you have always done you will get what you have always gotten!!
Fat burning- If you are trying to burn fat or lose weight, you need to be doing cardio everyday for 60 minutes and you should be drinking a protein shake for breakfast along with a fat burning supplement like The Cutting Edge Formula.
FIVE WAYS TO FINE TUNE YOUR FAT LOSS
FIVE WAYS TO FINE
TUNE YOUR FAT LOSS
If you have been eating pretty healthy and faithfully going to the gym but you still see extra fat hanging around, you need to “Fine Tune” your diet to trick it into burning fat for fuel.
These five “small” things can make a bigger difference than you think. They are easy to fix and you really won’t miss them. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard “I removed the milk and sugar from my coffee and………I LOST FIVE POUNDS”! Let’s assume that you are already eating clean foods like chicken breast without the skin, butter isn’t even in your vocabulary and that you hardly ever eat red meat. Of course you are also going to the gym 6 days a week to do cardio for 45 minutes at a clip (this is a must for fat loss), and you lift weights 3-4 times per week. When these things just aren’t making your body burn fat then it is time to “Fine Tune” your diet to get your body to burn fat as fuel. After all, that is why we go to the gym right? Not if you are eating the wrong kinds of foods. If you are eating high fat-high sugar foods than all you are burning for fuel at the gym is your last meal if you are lucky. If you are eating correctly your body will burn off that extra body fat that you see staring back at you every time you look in the mirror.
Here are FIVE things that you can do to remove fat and calories from your diet so that you burn more fat at the gym.
1- Remove the yolks from your eggs and save 7 grams of fat per yolk. Keep in mind that you should be aiming for 20 grams of fat per day max so if you eat three eggs per day you are saving 21 grams of fat!
2- Drink your coffee or tea black without sugar. It’s ok to add a little equal or splenda but if you add 2 teaspoons of sugar w/2 tablespoons of cream you are consuming 105 calories, 6 grams of fat and 12 grams of carbs that come from sugar. So if you drink a light coffee on your way to the gym all you are burning is the coffee that you just drank. What a waste! Go for it black and you can lose 1 pound a month just eliminating 1 cup of light coffee per day.
3- Use fat free dressings. Always chose fat free dressings or vinegar and lemon juice for your salad. One tablespoon of oil has 120 calories of pure fat. Translation: You wont burn fat at the gym!
4- Remove cheese from your diet if you are really serious about losing fat. 1 ounce has 9 grams of fat and who eats 1 ounce? Crumbled feta is even higher in fat! It has a whopping 15 grams of fat per 2 ½ ounces so if you want to burn fat run away from cheese!
5- Take L-Carnitine. When all else fails and you need that little extra help getting your body to burn fat as fuel go for supplements that contain L-Carnitine. L-Carnitine is an amino acid found in red meat. Science has shown that L-Carnitine transports fat into the cells to be burned as fuel. It is safe and effective for long-term use. Who doesn’t want that extra edge?
EAT CLEAN TO BE LEAN!
CELLULITE Removal (The science of cellulite removal)
CELLULITE Removal (The science of cellulite removal)
If you find yourself plagued by cellulite and want to make a
change, there are seven supplements that you will want to keep in mind that can
assist you in getting rid of that cellulite.
Cellulite supplements can help to balance hormones and aids any detoxification process in your body system. There are actually quite a number of supplements on the market but here are the most effective supplements that will help reduce that dreadful cellulite from your body.
1. Supplements containing amino acids are terrific when it comes to battling cellulite. Amino acids can help to rebuild collagen in the skin, thereby supporting the recovery of cellulite. Therefore, you definitely will want to keep them on your list when you are looking for regimens that are effective at resolving problems with cellulite. Easiest way to do this is to drink a Complete Protein shake for breakfast!
2. You will also want to examine whether or not supplements that contain seaweed
make sense for you when it comes to dealing with cellulite. (You need to keep
in mind that seaweed is also a valuable ingredient in creams that can be
utilized in order to fight cellulite.) Seaweeds have the ability to fade away
cellulite because it nourishes and oxygenate the skin, providing much needed
therapeutic benefits to the body. SWAP
OUT w/chlorophyll found in Cutting edge
3. Gingko biloba also needs to be towards the top of your list when it comes to supplements that are designed to assist you in dealing with cellulite. Ginkgo balboa has been used for centuries due to its therapeutic properties - more recently being utilized in the battle to resolve cellulite. It is able to increase the blood circulation and has anti-inflammatory benefits.
4. Caffeine is not the enemy it was once perceived to be. It has the properties to dissolve fat cells which are helpful in the reduction of cellulite. In fact, when it comes to dealing with cellulite, consuming moderate amounts of caffeine can prove to be helpful.
5. Use supplement multi-taskers! In considering supplements that are helpful in dealing with cellulite you will want to keep in mind that there are products that combine different supplements. These combination products can be particularly effective.
6. MEGA NUTRIENTS! Keep in mind that anti cellulite supplements that contain anti-oxidants tend to work better when these products contain vitamin C as well.
Most important is to eat clean to be lean and make sure you get adequate protein see GETTING the exact amount of protein your body needs to burn fat and boost you metabolism@
6 Diet Destroyers That Stop Weight Loss
All day long, I hear, “It was just a little,” or, “I only have it once in a while.”
The reality is that if you are trying to lose weight, you are still having whatever “it” is too much! (Please don’t shoot the messenger! I don’t make the rules – I just report them.)
We all seem to underestimate our bad behavior and overestimate our good behavior. It’s true! Start keeping an honest food journal and be honest with yourself. Start writing down every single thing that goes in your mouth, as well as how much and what you put on it.
This brings me to my point: Sometimes, it’s not the HUGE things that wreck our diets. Most of the time, it is the tiny little things we don’t even think about.
Here are the top Diet Destroyers that will definitely STOP your weight loss:
Destroyer #1: Cheese, 2 oz of reduced fat cheese = 180 calories and 12 grams of fat
Solution: Look for 100-calorie cheese snacks or sprinkle parmesan cheese on salads to get your fix.
Destroyer #2: Alcohol, 1 oz = 90 calories (Who uses just 1 oz?)
Solution: If you’re trying to lose weight in your midsection, none is better than some here. If you really must, go for a white wine spritzer, or simply use a smaller wine glass and don’t fill it all the way. Water is your best solution!
Destroyer #3: ¼ cup of trail mix = 640 calories (That’s about 4 handfuls.)
Solution: Again, go for the 100-calorie snacks. If it is salt that you are craving, aim for salty snacks; if it is sweet, aim for a sweet snack.
Destroyer #4: Peanut butter, 2 tbsp reduced fat = 190 calories
Solution: Instead of peanut butter, go for a peanut butter protein bar that is 100 calories or as close to 100 calories as possible.
Destroyer #5: Mayonnaise, 1 tbsp = 100 calories
Solution: Go for a reduced fat mayo or mayo alternative instead of full fat mayo, and you will cut down the calories by half or more per serving. Some mayo substitutes are only 10 calories per tablespoon.
Destroyer #6: Pasta, 1 cup of small spirals = 315 calories
Solution: Use veggies instead of pasta, and top with tomato sauce and a turkey meatball!
The reality is that if you are serious about losing weight, none of these foods have a place in your diet. Stay away from these foods for 30 days so that you can see what an impact these foods have on your waistline. Once you reach your weight-loss goal, you can begin reintroducing some of the foods into your life. However, what you do to lose weight is also what keeps the weight off – remember that these diet modifications also need to become a way of life.
If we struggle with certain foods, the best remedy is to stay away from them. Why fight with yourself? If you can’t portion control it, don’t eat it. You will be better off and you will feel better – I guarantee it!