Gratitude Has Proven Health Benefits!
I know it sounds cliché, but I am grateful for all of you and for the opportunity to get up, breathe, that my legs work, and the first thing I see every day are my adorable, cuddly fur babies. I’m grateful my family is okay, and the list is endless. It's the first thing I set my mind on and I continue to look for ways to be obsessively grateful, no matter what comes my way. Being grateful is super simple yet it's one of the most profound practices and the healthiest of ALL human emotions.
NO amount of regret changes the past.
NO amount of anxiety changes our future.
Yet, even a little gratitude changes the present.
I've learned to be grateful for what I have while I work to get where I’m going. It's transformed my journey and struggles into enjoyable opportunities. So, next time you feel scared or overwhelmed by your life’s trials, and someone asks you if your cup is half empty or half full, say “I’m THANKFUL I have a cup!”
And, if you're not feeling it, fake it 'til you make it!
Gratitude has proven health benefits, and is more than good manners or saying "thank you". Gratitude...
- strengthens your spiritual muscles.
- elevates your body's immune response.
- interrupts anxiety and stops it from growing out of control.
- increases overall happiness.
- encourages more positive self talk.
- improves sleep quality and duration.
- improves brain wiring and rewires it, helping you to see the positive around you.
- improves immunity to viruses and diseases (doesn't replace vaccinations, sorry).
- improves relationships.
- increases resiliency and acceptance.
- increases your ability to give yourself grace, which extends to others. ♥️
The last is endless when it comes to what gratitude can do for us, starting with changing our mindset and ending our suffering, ushering in feelings of kindness and love, compassion, and empathy. Gratitude is NOT just for Thanksgiving anymore :)
Lets all START taking small baby steps today to increase gratitude practices in our lives and make the world a happier, healthier place.
Have a delicious Thanksgiving with every minute filled with love, grace, and gratitude!
Love ya ♥️ (mean it)
Lisa Lynn and the Entire LynFit Team
- Lisa Lynn