5 Sneaky Tricks to Burn Fat
Getting your body to burn fat for fuel is serious business. Losing weight is one thing, but it takes a little extra work to get your body to burn fat from your storage areas like your gut, hips and thighs. Shedding body fat involves a lifestyle that’s focused 75% on diet and 25% on sweat. If you are over-feeding your body (even while eating healthy foods), all your body will do is burn off the calories that you've just consumed. This can leave extra fat laying around your waist and thighs.
To target this fat, you’ll need to enact what I call “first things first” principles. The principles include doing cardio everyday for 60 minutes per session and lifting weights in a “fat-loss fashion” every other day. Once you have these things in place and you still want or need to burn more body fat, below are five things that are very effective at helping your body to burn fat for fuel.
- Start your day with a protein shake
Make your shake with ice and water or anything that does not add calories. Protein shakes increase your metabolism by 25%! Why wait until later in the day to burn fat when you can burn fat all day long?
- Drink coffee
Always have your coffee black (you can add 2 artificial sweeteners if you dislike the taste). Drinking black coffee is one of the oldest fat-burning tricks in the book. However, if you add anything that has calories like cream or even non-fat creamers or skim milk, you stop the fat-burning process! Drinking enough caffeine to make your heart race is never a good idea, but having black coffee in moderation will keep you full and help you burn fat.
- Have a calorie curfew
Stop eating four or more hours before bedtime and don’t start eating until 9 a.m. This gives your body a chance to clear out, and having a calorie curfew helps to stop late night eating. Don’t forget to drink your protein shake in the morning to break the fast and jumpstart your metabolism.
- Take 500 mg or more of L-Carnitine
L-Carnitine is a naturally occurring amino acid found in red meat. You would never be able to eat the amount of L-Carnitine that your body needs to burn fat from only eating red meat, so it is better to take the supplement and save the calories. This supplement is also referred to as the “Carnitine Shuttle” because it shuttles or pulls body fat into the cells and prompts this fat to be burned as fuel. It is very safe to use and does not have any side effects.
- Take 1 aspirin every other day
Take plain old baby aspirin every other day with your coffee in the morning – just be sure that your stomach can handle it first. This is another fat-burning trick that old timers used to do to burn fat; it’s tried, true and effective! Consult with your physician to make sure this is right for you.
Always keep in mind that it takes changes in 100 different areas to effectively lose weight and/or body fat. There is never any one thing that will get your body to burn fat for fuel – it’s always a combination of things. You are guaranteed to burn fat if you do what it takes consistently. The only question is: will you do it?
The Anti-Stress-Flat ABS Solution
24 hours to a calmer, leaner you!
STRESS is the #1 cause for weight gain. When we are under stress we tend to eat what we want when we want, eat even when we are not hungry and that's the best way to gain weight.
Stress eaters are also emotional eaters and they consume twice as many sweet and high fat foods as the non-emotional eaters. One of the most important things to keep in mind when trying to reduce stress and stress eating is that FOOD IS NOT THE SOLUTION IT IS THE PROBLEM! When we eat under stressful conditions it impairs our digestion and almost always causes what we eat to be stored as fat!
The good news is that stress can BE GOOD for weight loss!
Most people think that stress causes fat to store around our stomachs and make us gain weight BUT... In fact the opposite is true! When we are under stress our bodies secrete a hormone called cortisol and cortisol is actually a very effective fat burning agent provided you aren't eating sugar!
Here are FIVE things you can do to STOP sugar cravings and decrease your stress!
1. JUST BREATHE! When we are stressed, we tend to hold our breath and that causes the fat storing hormones to rise and our stomachs to distend out and we want them flat!
Practice 4-7-8 breathing. Breathe in for 4 seconds. Hold for 7 seconds and breathe out for 8 seconds trying to slow down your breathing until you feel regulated and calm.
2. Still stressed? Regulate w/Oxytocin. I suggest 6 drops of Oxytocin under your tongue twice a day until you feel calm & relaxed for 2 weeks straight. Reducing your stress is the best thing you can do to fight aging! Need Oxytocin?
3. Whittle your waist with WHEY! Whey protein boosts our metabolism 25% and blocks cravings while keeping us feeling fuller longer. Don’t want a cold shake? Make Hot Chocolate. Need to crunch? Sprinkle it over popcorn! A little goes a long whey! LOL
*Look for a high quality Whey that has 25 grams of protein, no sugar and no fat. Be on the lookout for Whey shakes blended with inferior ingredients, they won’t work. HIGH QUALITY COUNTS when it comes to whey! Best source? LynFIT'S Complete protein!
4. Steer Clear of over strenuous workouts they are fattening! Workouts that decrease stress also help you lose MORE weight! Strenuous workouts ramp up cravings and our appetites and that’s never good for weight loss! Look for weight loss specific workouts. They should be weight lifting workouts that are 30-40 minutes in length (NOT LONGER) and they work the entire body in each session without resting! Need help? See LynFIT’s metabolic workout DVD!
5. Still stuck? This is where the right STACK of supplements can change everything. Supplementing can work miracles IF done correctly. Taking supplements that are a combination of fat burning agents always works better than taking single supplements because they are combined in the prefect combination and they will attack fat from every angle possible and are the most economical way to take supplements.
TOP THREE SUPPLEMENTS FOR LOSING AB FAT:
Accelerator with Raspberry Ketones mixed with Caffeine and Chocolate Bean powder,
Cutting Edge with L Carnitine mixed with Chromium and Choline
Carb Edge with White Kidney Bean Extract Guggul extract, Forskolin and Banaba leaf.
Super Charge your Metabolism with Slimming Smoothies
Slimming smoothies boost your metabolism 25%, kill cravings and help shrink your hips and thighs by helping to lower your carbohydrate consumption. Slimming smoothies can also help flatten your stomach and banish the bloated feeling we all feel this time of year IF you drink the right kind of smoothie! BUT….buyer beware because not all smoothies are created equal! Smoothies are everywhere; in the mall, at fast-food restaurants, in coffee shops. In fact smoothies even have their own store! Almost all of the smoothies commercially purchased are best for weight gain! Store bought smoothies are loaded with sugar, and carbohydrates and they do more harm than good. If you’re not drinking the right kind of smoothie you may be stopping fat loss dead in its tracks and causing weight gain!
However................if you blend your smoothie using the right ingredients you can turn it into a FAT MELTING COCKTAIL! In fact, smoothies are the #1 way to lose weight fast! People who drink smoothies for breakfast report losing 40% more weight.
Fat Melting Criteria
1. Should contain 155-200 calories or less. Smoothies as a meal replacement offset calories or bad eating days.
all have bad eating days so we all need a safety net under us to keep our weight
2. The main ingredient should be a high quality 80% pure Whey because it’s a "thermogenic"
Compound that will help boost your metabolism so your body burn fat.
TIP: * High quality whey boosts your metabolism 25% and helps keep you feeling full which
helps curb snacking and overeating. Pure Whey will help to shrink cellulite and tighten skin!
3. Under 5 grams of sugar per serving -no sugar is always best. Sugar inhibits fat loss!
Your body will not burn fat if you’re eating sugar!
4. Look for 1 gram of fat or less. FAT feeds fat!
You need to eliminate the fat in order to burn it even if it’s good fat!
5. DO NOT ADD EMPTY CALORIES they show up on your thighs and stomach!
Ingredients that add empty calories are coconut water, fruit, milk, yogurt, juice and flax seed or any ingredients that add fat.
Get creative and add ingredients like sugar free fat free jell-o and granulated coffee.
you know The #1 reason women fail at losing
weight is NOT EATING enough protein!
See website for recipes & ideas to help you reach your protein goals! Aim for 1 -1.1/2 grams of lean protein per pound of lean body mass. You can use your goal weight as a gauge!
My philosophy is to make it chocolate!
Slimming Supermarket Secrets
Flat abs are really made in the supermarket! Supermarkets sell over 50,000 items, yet studies show that if you have more than 100 items in your refrigerator and cabinets combined, you’re guaranteed to have weight problems!
We all know that we should shop the perimeter of the store, but many of us are still sidetracked into the snack aisles to get our fix! It’s no wonder why we struggle to lose weight, but it’s really as simple as buying only the foods that promote weight loss. Remember, you can’t eat it if you don’t buy it! Focus on the foods that are good for weight loss and shop only in those aisles.
Learn what aisles to shop in and what aisles to avoid if you’re trying to lose stubborn body fat.
Shop: Near-Zero Calorie Produce
Choose produce that creates a near-zero calorie flow. That means choosing foods that are so low in calories that you’ll be burning them while you eat them: shredded cabbage, celery, spinach, romaine and all lettuces. Any vegetable that’s leafy and green is good for weight loss. Not buying enough vegetables is the number-one mistake people make when shopping. Vegetables help keep us feeling full and it’s the answer to living lean, so buy at least a week’s worth of vegetables and fruits so you’re never without.
Keep in mind that you are supposed be eating at least 7 servings a day, and that’s 42 servings a week. Stock up and never underestimate the power of frozen veggies! They stay fresh and are always available when you need them.
Buy More: Romaine lettuce, spinach, kale, cabbage, celery, radishes, mushrooms, cauliflower and broccoli, frozen spinach, and green beans
Buy Less: Carrots, tomatoes, corn and peas
Shop: Metabolism-Boosting Proteins
Lean proteins are the key to boosting your metabolism! My rule is the lighter and whiter the protein, the better your weight loss will be because it’s very low in fat and calories. The top three proteins for weight loss are Whey protein (high quality only), white fish, and egg whites.
Check out fresh fish when it’s on sale and try flash frozen because it’s fresher; you can stock your freezer so you’re never without a clean-lean protein. Buy three times as much fish to poultry and you’ll lose weight faster! Poultry and other meat are higher in fat and calories and harder to digest, slowing weight loss.
Buy More: Complete whey protein, sole, scrod, cod, tilapia, barramundi and egg whites
Buy Less: Chicken, turkey breast, and stay away from red meat if you’re serious about losing weight – and that includes pork! It’s not the other white meat!
Avoid: Grains, Pasta, Bread and Cereals
Run – don’t walk – past these aisles! If you’re trying to lose stubborn body fat, it doesn’t matter how healthy the grain is. If you’re storing excess fat around your stomach, you don’t need more carbs! However, we all live in the real world and need snacks. If you need to crunch, go for popcorn!
Consider these foods dessert and you’ll send fat packing!
Buy More: Air-popped popcorn and Japanese Ak-mak crackers
Buy Less: Cereals, pasta, bread, crackers, rice, potatoes, and, yes, even quinoa and couscous are fat-storing carbs!
Avoid: Sugary Beverages
We are drinking ourselves fat! No one ever thinks about these types of empty calories and the dangerous substance is called sugar. We are now taking in 66 pounds of added sugar a year. Most of these excess sugar/empty calories come from not-so-obvious places, like our coffee from adding creamers and sugar. Agave and fat-free creamers count! A few other unsuspecting fat-belly culprits are fruit juice, even if it’s 100% fruit juice and vitamin-packed waters, coconut water and energy drinks! No matter how harmless they may seem, they are at the heart of our growing national obesity problem. If it’s not calorie-free water, it’s liquid calories!
Buy More: Zero-calorie, zero-sugar water, calorie-free green tea and coffee
Buy Less: Coffee creamers, juice, energy drinks, sports drinks, almond milk, and soy milk
By None: Alcohol because it stops fat loss dead in its tracks every time!
Avoid: The Health Halo AisleBelieve it or not, this aisle is responsible for more weight gain than the candy aisle. Most protein shakes and bars contain more sugar and fat than a bag of candy! The tricky part is that we think they are healthy because they came from the health food aisle. If you’re trying to lose weight and stubborn body fat, you should run past this aisle. There wasn’t one item in this aisle that could be used for health or weight loss because they are all loaded with calories. If it seems too good to be true it is! For example, you can’t buy a protein shake mix for $15.00 and expect that it is a high-quality supplement. It’s the quality that counts, so in the end, you wind up spending more, and you’ll most likely end up putting on more weight.
Foods that Burn Fat - A Metabolic Fast for Fat Loss
Are you struggling to lose weight and wish you could shed those stubborn pounds? Do you feel fat and bloated even though you exercise and eat balanced meals? Do you experience cravings for carbs, sugar or junk food?
Your body is likely telling you that your blood sugar levels are high, which is why you can’t lose weight. This not only stops you from burning fat and losing weight, it is also very unhealthy!
A metabolic fast for fat loss is a good solution. What’s the difference between fasting and metabolic fasting to lose fat? Regular fasting slows down your metabolism and causes your blood sugar levels to rise due to the stress fasting places on your body. A metabolic fast provides your body with the nutrients it needs to stimulate your metabolism to push your body into fat-burning mode. Fasting incorrectly can do permanent damage to your metabolism, but metabolic fasting for fat loss is a healthy way to boost your metabolism, burn fat and shed pounds!
This metabolic fast will get your body into the fat-burning zone and reduce bloating while detoxifying your system. You may shed some weight in the first 24 hours, and continue to lose as long as you stay on track until you have reached your weight-loss goals. This is a great way to offset unhealthy eating days and force your body to melt fat!
Metabolic Boosting Steps
1. Be sure to drink plenty of water every day. Aim for 100 fl
2. Allow your body to feel hunger. It’s a sign that your body is burning fat!
3. Eat at least 5 servings or more of veggies per day; they will keep you feeling full and regular.
4. Drop all other supplements except what is suggested.
5. Eat foods from the approved list only. Use a food journal as a daily guide.
6. Perform daily cardiovascular exercise daily for 45-60 minutes to rev your metabolism. Do something that causes you to break a sweat, but refrain from over-exercising as this may contribute to overeating following your workout.
Eat More of These Fat-Burning Foods
- Whey protein
- High-protein, low-carb bars
- All white fish
- Small Green Apples (limit 2 per day)
- Clear broth (gluten- and soy-free)
- Sugar-free, fat-free gelatin
- Sugar-free, fat-free popsicles
- Hot chocolate made with 1 scoop of complete protein
- Half a high-protein, low-carb bar
- Pure water
- All teas, especially green tea
- Black coffee
Foods to Avoid
The following foods feed fat cells, so steer clear!
- Carbohydrates, with the exception of vegetables. Avoid bread, rice, pasta, cereal (including oatmeal), potatoes, beans and all crackers, cookies, and refined manufactured products.
- Liquid calories and juice, including homemade fresh juices, non-dairy creamers, skim milk, rice milk, soymilk and sports beverages, vitamin water, and especially alcohol!
- Fats, including healthy fats such as nuts, seeds, avocado, and oils until your body begins burning fat for fuel
- Dairy products, including all types of milk, yogurt and cheese (even if they are fat free)
Why More Exercise Won’t Help You Lose Weight
Why More Exercise Won’t Help You Lose Weight
By Lisa Lynn, Weight Loss Expert
Are you tired of trying every fad diet and exercise program on the market
just to see little or no results? Now, you may think the answer is even
more fitness, but I'm here to tell you you're wrong!
There is actually a true science to losing weight, and guess what? It
doesn't involve spending more time at the gym. The answer has to do with
what you're eating.
I wish someone had told me this a long time ago, because I used to work
out for three hours a day while eating a vegetarian diet (or macrobiotic
diet or raw foods diet - I tried those, too), and yet I still kept getting
Nevertheless, I kept thinking if I could only add one more hour to my
workout, then the weight would really come off at last. Turns out I was
My weight loss story goes like this: I lost 40 pounds and managed to keep
it off for twenty years despite having a serious thyroid problem. At
first, I used my thryoid as an excuse, thinking that my body just wasn't
meant to be thin.
Then I went to work educating myself about weight loss and discovered the
truth about it. You do have to eat "clean" and you do have to exercise,
but there is also a science to losing weight.
I call this science "living in the real world. I learned that you have to
be honest with yourself and you've got to know what your calorie and
weight numbers are and what you're eating, for real.
Weight Loss Success = 80% Food, 20% Exercise
Most of my clients are shocked to find out that eighty percent of weight
loss comes from changing your diet. Bottom line: if you are able to "eat
clean," the amount of exercise you'll need to do is minimal.
On the other hand, if you think 30 minutes of exercise will cancel out
that doughnut you just ate, you need to take another look. It's not even
close: the calories you consume stay with you much longer than that.
Common Eating Mistakes Leading to Weight Gain
Let's start with breakfast. One of the biggest mistakes I see is starting
your day with croissants, bagels or muffins. Every one of these is at
least 500 calories. Granola and orange juice are also high in sugar and
can pack on the pounds as a result.
Instead, I suggest people start their day with a LynFit protein shake. I
mix my shake with a little coffee - sort of a "Mocha Madness" shake - and
then I take my vitamins (LynFit Cutting Edge, LynFit Carb Edge and LynFit
Accelerator). This all makes me feel good, meaning I'm less likely to
crave high calorie foods instead.
Meal number two of the day is what I like to call your "metabolic boost."
Every time you eat this way, you are giving your metabolism a little jolt.
Eat a piece of fruit along with a LynFit protein bar. This has 10 grams of
fiber in it and all protein with almost no carbs.
The next meal is basically a snack that you can also call lunch. I
recommend a plate of steamed vegetables along with another protein shake.
A couple of hours later, you can have another snack. Many of you may be
tempted to have a cup of yogurt or a snack bar made with soy - both of
which are not good for weight loss. Once again, I recommend having a
protein shake instead, as it will boost your metabolism by 25%.
As we approach dinnertime, let's take a look at what we might have. You'll
notice there is no bread and no pasta. Instead, I recommend chicken and
broccoli, which is one of my favorites. And I'll put marinara sauce on
top, which makes it more delicious.
If you want to have a salad, you could use tuna or shrimp and a lot of
greens so that you get your vegetables in.
There's also a soup you could make, and the one I recommend has no starch,
just steamed vegetables and tomato soup broth, watered down and low
"Grab and Go" Smart Foods
Popcorn with no butter and salt is a great snack food. Low in calories and
lots of volume to fill you up.
Contrast this with eating a pint of regular ice cream, which is equal in
calories to almost everything else you've eaten today so far if you follow
the plan above. That's why you have to "know your calorie numbers," so
that you can eat smart.
The science of weight loss really isn't that hard, as long as you are
honest with yourself about what you are really eating.
Learn more about my metabolic boosting system on my website. Check out the
before and after photos of my clients! If you purchase LynnFIT fitness and
nutrition products, please use discount code BLOG2 as my way of saying
Boost Your Immunity to Boost Your Weight Loss
Lisa Lynn- Fitness Expert & Specialist in Weight Loss and Metabolic Disorders
My specialty is weight loss. One of the most important things I work on is BOOSTING my client’s immunity because if you’re sick, you can’t work out and every second we miss in the gym is worth three giant steps backward when it comes to boosting your metabolism and losing weight. Working out every day is essential if your metabolism is stuck and you’re trying to lose weight. However, workouts can also weaken your immune system. Staying healthy is top priority for life and to keep your workouts on track.
Here are FIVE things you can do to stay healthy and FIT!
1. Drink to avoid illness! Not alcohol, water! I know you have heard this a million times BUT DRINK lots of water! Drink ½ your body weight in ounces as a starting point. When we are sick, we need more water and hot tea w/lemon counts! EX: if you weigh 120 drink 60 ounces of water daily!
2. Have M & M everyday! Not candy BUT a medicinal mushroom also known as AHCC. AHCC (MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS) is the most researched specialty immune supplement in the world with more than 80 supporting research studies. It is also the leading alternative cancer treatment used throughout Asia. AHCC turns up the dial on your natural immune response to help you fight off a wide range of immune system threats (beyond the flu).
3. Sleep at least 7-8 hours each night! During sleep our body releases immune strengthening compounds and, without sleep, all of the stress hormones INCREASE causing us to gain fat around our midsection. Can’t sleep? Try 6 drops of Oxytocin before bed to help you fall asleep and stay asleep and it will block the stress hormones making you store excess fat around your midsection and you’ll feel happier!
4. Power up you’re your energy by getting adequate antioxidants! When taken in liquid form, antioxidants work fast and give you energy and they also neutralize the free radicals that make you sick. Vitamins A, C, and E as well as COQ10 and minerals like zinc are the power houses in the antioxidant family BUT be sure to get a high quality supplement and use it daily! I like DAILY POWER SHOT because it’s a yummy liquid colloidal multi vitamin mineral supplement that is of the highest quality and made in a pharmaceutical lab. It works fast to help you get to work when you’re not feeling well! * I give it to my kids when they don’t feel well to keep them healthy and in school!
5. Exercise at a lower intensity! Moderate exercise can boost your immunity and help you get better fast BUT if you exercise too hard, you will weaken your immunity. I suggest that my clients exercise at 50% of what they are capable of and this tip can keep you exercising for the rest of your life because we tend to be black or white when it comes to exercise. We either go all out or not at all and, to be honest, it’s the consistent and frequent workouts that get you in shape, NOT the most intense!
- Lisa Lynn
Raspberry Ketone: Fat Burner in a Bottle
Research has shown that raspberry ketone can help in your weight-loss efforts, especially when paired with regular exercise and a well-balanced diet of healthy and whole foods.
Raspberry ketone is the primary aroma compound of red raspberries. This compound regulates adiponectin, a protein used by the body to regulate metabolism. Raspberry ketone causes the fat within your cells to get broken up more effectively, helping your body burn fat faster. The recommended dose is 100mg per day. To get the same benefit from the whole fruit, you'd have to consume 90 pounds of raspberries.