Fat-Burning Boosters: What Will Work For You?
There are so many new fat burners on the market – but newer doesn’t always mean better. Before you go out and spend your hard-earned money on some hot new herb you can’t even pronounce, be sure that you have done your homework.
The first thing that you should be concerned with is: Will it hurt me? The next good question is: If it works for me, can I live on it? If you can’t live on it, you probably shouldn’t take it at all. If it does work, but you have to stop taking it, why bother at all? Whatever gets you to your goal is also what KEEPS you there, so you need to be able to do it consistently. The bottom line is that a fat burner should improve your health as well as help you lose fat.
What Consumers Should Know Before Taking Supplements
Always look for a Silver Seal that states that the supplement is manufactured at a ”FDA Inspected GMP Certified Facility” (GMP stands for Good Manufacturing Practice). This means that when a supplement is manufactured, the ingredients are checked on the way into the facility to be sure that everything that is supposed to be present in the supplement is there and is of high quality. Only then are the ingredients escorted into the facility. Once the supplement is made, it is then rechecked on the way out of the lab to be sure that everything that was previously checked made it into the supplement. In other words, it proves that what the label says is true.
Note: You will notice that it is very hard to find a supplement with the FDA GMP certified seal. This process costs a lot of money so most supplement companies aren’t GMP certified. The supplement fraud on the market today is exactly what motivated me to create my own line. I always have my products GMP certified and checked (I am giving them to people like Martha Stewart as well as countless other celebrities so I need to make sure it will not hurt them.)
Be on the lookout for stimulants. Many stimulants have been taken off the market, but companies still use them by disguising them and calling them something different. Look for things like ephedra, gotu cola (above 5mg), straight caffeine or mahuang. These supplements can KILL you. Don’t freak out if your supplement has a little caffeine. A small amount is good for fat loss and won’t hurt you; extra-large doses are the ones you need to watch for. Be careful not to use these while consuming other sources of caffeine or you will over-stimulate your nervous system – and that is horrible for fat loss! ALWAYS consult your health-care professional before starting a supplement program.
More is not better when it comes to taking supplements. It is possible to take too much of anything. This is why it is so important to do your homework and get help from a specialist who can look over your whole diet and lifestyle to be sure that you get the right nutrients in the right amounts. If the nutrient is stored in the fat cells (such as essential fatty acids) and you still have fat on your body, then you have a stored amount of that nutrient and there is no need to take more. Taking more only adds to that storage and can stop or slow your weight/fat loss. (Marketers will always tell you otherwise.)
Some of us, however, do need additional nutritional support, but I always suggest that people use less and keep it simple. The bottom line is that you need to know how much of each different nutrient is the right amount. Not too much or too little.
Top Supplements for Weight Loss
- Multivitamin/Mineral. It needs to be complete, and it should have all of the essential vitamins and minerals in it. Check the US RDAs (recommended dietary allowance), and make sure that they are high enough if you are trying to lose weight. Not getting enough of the right nutrients can stop weight loss as well.
- Whey Protein Shake. Many of us need more of the right kind of protein. Unlike most foods, a good whey protein shake (not soy or milk based) will increase your metabolism 25 percent. If you’re trying to lose body fat, this is THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP in the process. Drink a shake for breakfast!
- Fat-Burning Boosters are important if you have a sluggish metabolism or feel anxious, stressed or depressed. Look for L-Carnitine from a good source. Quality and amount are key here. I suggest layering the L-Carnitine with B vitamins as well as other ingredients to help cleanse your body and make you feel good.
- Calcium is great for weight loss. But I don’t mean drink more milk! If you are trying to lose weight, you can’t afford the extra calories. However, you still need to get the right amount of calcium; that is usually somewhere between 1200-1500 mg. Most multivitamins will not have that amount (it can interfere with the absorption of other nutrients and cause stomach upset as well as diarrhea). It is a good idea to have some type of extra calcium on hand. I love calcium chewables; they taste great and also satisfy a sweet tooth!
Fat burning is a very complex process and it takes time and consistency. Food is 90 percent of your success, so keep your focus on cleaning up your diet, and don’t think for a moment that any supplement is going to do it for you! You have to eat clean and exercise, and only use supplements to SUPPLEMENT your diet.
When you use a high-quality supplement and you have dosed it according to your body’s specific needs, you will then begin to see results. If you don’t feel or see a difference, your supplement may be junk. You get what you pay for – NOT ALL supplements are created equal.
The Anti-Stress-Flat ABS Solution
24 hours to a calmer, leaner you!
STRESS is the #1 cause for weight gain. When we are under stress we tend to eat what we want when we want, eat even when we are not hungry and that's the best way to gain weight.
Stress eaters are also emotional eaters and they consume twice as many sweet and high fat foods as the non-emotional eaters. One of the most important things to keep in mind when trying to reduce stress and stress eating is that FOOD IS NOT THE SOLUTION IT IS THE PROBLEM! When we eat under stressful conditions it impairs our digestion and almost always causes what we eat to be stored as fat!
The good news is that stress can BE GOOD for weight loss!
Most people think that stress causes fat to store around our stomachs and make us gain weight BUT... In fact the opposite is true! When we are under stress our bodies secrete a hormone called cortisol and cortisol is actually a very effective fat burning agent provided you aren't eating sugar!
Here are FIVE things you can do to STOP sugar cravings and decrease your stress!
1. JUST BREATHE! When we are stressed, we tend to hold our breath and that causes the fat storing hormones to rise and our stomachs to distend out and we want them flat!
Practice 4-7-8 breathing. Breathe in for 4 seconds. Hold for 7 seconds and breathe out for 8 seconds trying to slow down your breathing until you feel regulated and calm.
2. Still stressed? Regulate w/Oxytocin. I suggest 6 drops of Oxytocin under your tongue twice a day until you feel calm & relaxed for 2 weeks straight. Reducing your stress is the best thing you can do to fight aging! Need Oxytocin?
3. Whittle your waist with WHEY! Whey protein boosts our metabolism 25% and blocks cravings while keeping us feeling fuller longer. Don’t want a cold shake? Make Hot Chocolate. Need to crunch? Sprinkle it over popcorn! A little goes a long whey! LOL
*Look for a high quality Whey that has 25 grams of protein, no sugar and no fat. Be on the lookout for Whey shakes blended with inferior ingredients, they won’t work. HIGH QUALITY COUNTS when it comes to whey! Best source? LynFIT'S Complete protein!
4. Steer Clear of over strenuous workouts they are fattening! Workouts that decrease stress also help you lose MORE weight! Strenuous workouts ramp up cravings and our appetites and that’s never good for weight loss! Look for weight loss specific workouts. They should be weight lifting workouts that are 30-40 minutes in length (NOT LONGER) and they work the entire body in each session without resting! Need help? See LynFIT’s metabolic workout DVD!
5. Still stuck? This is where the right STACK of supplements can change everything. Supplementing can work miracles IF done correctly. Taking supplements that are a combination of fat burning agents always works better than taking single supplements because they are combined in the prefect combination and they will attack fat from every angle possible and are the most economical way to take supplements.
TOP THREE SUPPLEMENTS FOR LOSING AB FAT:
Accelerator with Raspberry Ketones mixed with Caffeine and Chocolate Bean powder,
Cutting Edge with L Carnitine mixed with Chromium and Choline
Carb Edge with White Kidney Bean Extract Guggul extract, Forskolin and Banaba leaf.
Foods that Burn Fat - A Metabolic Fast for Fat Loss
Are you struggling to lose weight and wish you could shed those stubborn pounds? Do you feel fat and bloated even though you exercise and eat balanced meals? Do you experience cravings for carbs, sugar or junk food?
Your body is likely telling you that your blood sugar levels are high, which is why you can’t lose weight. This not only stops you from burning fat and losing weight, it is also very unhealthy!
A metabolic fast for fat loss is a good solution. What’s the difference between fasting and metabolic fasting to lose fat? Regular fasting slows down your metabolism and causes your blood sugar levels to rise due to the stress fasting places on your body. A metabolic fast provides your body with the nutrients it needs to stimulate your metabolism to push your body into fat-burning mode. Fasting incorrectly can do permanent damage to your metabolism, but metabolic fasting for fat loss is a healthy way to boost your metabolism, burn fat and shed pounds!
This metabolic fast will get your body into the fat-burning zone and reduce bloating while detoxifying your system. You may shed some weight in the first 24 hours, and continue to lose as long as you stay on track until you have reached your weight-loss goals. This is a great way to offset unhealthy eating days and force your body to melt fat!
Metabolic Boosting Steps
1. Be sure to drink plenty of water every day. Aim for 100 fl
2. Allow your body to feel hunger. It’s a sign that your body is burning fat!
3. Eat at least 5 servings or more of veggies per day; they will keep you feeling full and regular.
4. Drop all other supplements except what is suggested.
5. Eat foods from the approved list only. Use a food journal as a daily guide.
6. Perform daily cardiovascular exercise daily for 45-60 minutes to rev your metabolism. Do something that causes you to break a sweat, but refrain from over-exercising as this may contribute to overeating following your workout.
Eat More of These Fat-Burning Foods
- Whey protein
- High-protein, low-carb bars
- All white fish
- Small Green Apples (limit 2 per day)
- Clear broth (gluten- and soy-free)
- Sugar-free, fat-free gelatin
- Sugar-free, fat-free popsicles
- Hot chocolate made with 1 scoop of complete protein
- Half a high-protein, low-carb bar
- Pure water
- All teas, especially green tea
- Black coffee
Foods to Avoid
The following foods feed fat cells, so steer clear!
- Carbohydrates, with the exception of vegetables. Avoid bread, rice, pasta, cereal (including oatmeal), potatoes, beans and all crackers, cookies, and refined manufactured products.
- Liquid calories and juice, including homemade fresh juices, non-dairy creamers, skim milk, rice milk, soymilk and sports beverages, vitamin water, and especially alcohol!
- Fats, including healthy fats such as nuts, seeds, avocado, and oils until your body begins burning fat for fuel
- Dairy products, including all types of milk, yogurt and cheese (even if they are fat free)
The Martha Stewart Show: Toning Exercises with Lisa Lynn
(click the image to watch the segment)