Crave Less This Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day; the one day of the year we want to feel good about ourselves, feel loved, and show love. Sadly, our overeating and struggles with cravings can make us feel just the opposite!
If you're overweight chances are you struggle with cravings and almost never feel full. According to a new study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, obese people are out of luck when it comes to suppressing the hunger hormone. Researchers discovered that the glucagon hormone, which is secreted by the body's pancreas and known to help control blood sugar levels and increase feelings of satiety after meals, had no effect on obese participants in the study. Researchers concluded that once a person becomes obese, glucagon cannot suppress the appetite or induce feelings of fullness.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention, an obese individual is one whose body mass index (BMI) is 30 or higher. The CDC also reports that the number of obese adults in the United States is nearly 40% of the population while the number of obese and overweight adults is nearly 70%!
I know from my own personal experience that lacking energy and feeling depressed and bored were the top 2 reasons I overate and struggled with cravings. My #1 goal with anyone who needs to lose weight and struggles with cravings and fatigue is to get them to feel good first so they have the energy to make a lifestyle change that melts away fat from their waistline. When we feel better we crave less and eat better too.
Here are my top recommendations for proven Feel Good Nutrition and Exercise techniques:
Morning Energy and Mood Booster that melts fat
Take (1) LynFit Accelerator with Raspberry Ketones, Green Tea and the super star ingredient Chocolate Bean Powder. These proven ingredients when combined are even more effective at boosting mood and lowering blood sugar to help reduce cravings while increasing energy, so you feel like exercising. Not only that, but you'll see the fat melt thanks to the Raspberry Ketones' fat burning properties.
Lisa Trick: Take (1) LynFit Acclerator in the morning as soon as you wake up or 30 minutes before your workout. If you're really struggling take another at 12 noon. You can even open the capsule and empty the contents into your LynFit Complete Protein Shake in the morning!
Boost Energy and Mood and Turbocharge your weight loss with the right exercise
Add Metabolic Boosting exercise in place of your regular/usual workout first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Exercise can turbocharge your fat loss and weight loss if you're doing the right kind. I always suggest that people switch to metabolism boosting exercise to get results faster and in only 30 minutes, 3 times a week. If you want to see results within the first week and turbocharge your weight loss try my Metabolic Booster 1 and 2 or Power 30 workout, as well as my new Fat Blaster which can be done every other day.
My favorite routine every week is:
Monday: Metabolic Booster 1 workout
Tuesday: Fat Blaster workout
Wednesday: Metabolic Booster 2 workout
Thursday: Lean Core workout
Friday: Power 30 workout
Saturday: Lean Core workout
Sunday: Recovery Stretch workout
I always add cardiovascular every day as you need both for maximum weight loss, especially if you struggle with a low thyroid. I ride my recumbent bike or walk on the treadmill every day for 30-45 minutes as I have a very slow metabolism and I'm not always perfect with my eating. I actually enjoy it now and look forward to my exercise time. I can do it at home and I hate missing a workout. When I do it just doesn't feel right.
This winning combination/workout system has allowed me to keep the 40 pounds off that I lost over 20 years ago and keep up with the mid-life battle of the bulge and WIN! I have never gotten injured working out like this whereas other programs always caused me some sort of issue that stopped me from working out which dampened my mood. I love that I get double the results in 1/2 the time a gym workout gives me. Who doesn't get happy hearing that?
Boost Mood and Energy with LynFit Pure Omega-3 at 3pm
Popping the LynFit Pure Omega-3 supplement at 3pm can keep you feeling full throughout the afternoon "craving hour", and according to researchers, people with high levels of Omega-3's have lower levels of depression. Fish oil also seems to boost the effects of anti-depressants and may help reduce the depressive symptoms of bipolar disorder.
But not all Omega-3's are created equal so if you're not seeing or feeling the results you need LynFit's Pure Omega-3. It's the highest quality Omega-3 you can buy, not to mention that it contains the exact amount of DHA and EPA your body needs to see and feel results. Further, it is purified to remove any possible contaminants, unlike other commercially bought Omega-3 supplements. It doesn't contain any saturated fats or fats you don't need or want. You simply cannot find a better Omega-3!
Note: Have some old Omega-3 laying around from another company? Check to make sure it has at least 500 each of DHA and EPA or it's not worth it. Also make sure that it's free of saturated fats. If not, throw it away. It's not worth taking and can actually cause more harm than good!
Evening Energy and Mood Booster that support weigh loss
Who doesn't love chocolate? Especially around Valentine's Day! We all want to eat chocolate and lose weight, right? Well now you can. LynFit's Chocolate Lean Bar (customers say that it tastes like a tootsie roll) makes the perfect snack when you're trying to lose weight and melt fat. Having a Lean Bar at night instead of your usual snack will also help you maintain your energy naturally without affecting your sleep. I refer to this as my Chocolate Diet, especially since I can be kind of a "chocoholic"!
The Lean Bar (or Chocolate Complete Protein Shake) will help boost metabolism because of the high quality whey used, which helps lower stress levels while increasing your "focus". Snacking on a healthy Lean Bar or Complete Protein Shake also keeps you alert after eating it and helps you to get through the evening without the typical weight gain "snack attack" because they make you feel better and helps you to function when you're the most tired.
LynFit uses de-fatted cocoa in its Chocolate Lean Bar and Complete Protein Shake which is not only better for weight loss because it doesn't contain excess fat like regular chocolate, but it's also high in flavanoids which have health benefits. A study found that the flavanoids found in high quality cocoa increase blood flow to the brain for 2-3 hours, helping to fight fatigue so you can get that work done that you brought home at the end of the day or to shuttle you kids to their games at night.
- Lisa Lynn
- Tags: accelerator appetite Belly Fat calories Carbs cravings depression exercise fat-burner Food Addiction holiday lack of energy lean bars lisa lynn Mental Health Metabolism multivitamins nutrients Nutrition Over-eating protein protein shake Raspberry ketones snacks stress Supplements Waistline Weight Loss Wellness
Cleansing The Right Way!
In a panic after the holidays and just want to "clean up and start over" by doing a juice cleanse? I understand your sense of urgency but let's make sure that you get started the right way. While cleansing your system and "starting over" is a good thing, if you don't juice cleanse properly you may actually cause damage to an already slow metabolism, especially if you're over 40.
The good news is that not only is juicing for detoxing and weight loss one of the latest health trends, but when done properly, can help you lose a pound a day. It's important to remember that I'm talking about metabolic cleansing however. There's a big difference between a normal juice cleanse and my metabolic boosting cleanse!
The first thing most people do is to start dumping all kinds of fruit and veggies into a blender without any concern as to what those combinations might actually be doing to their bodies. In fact, if you're not careful, you end up spiking your blood sugar levels off the chart and that's the last thing you want to do when you're trying to lose fat.
So, can I really lose a pound a day with a metabolic cleanse? Absolutely! But only if your cleanse is done properly. Other cleanses don't contain enough nutrients to keep your metabolism running smoothly and you tend to lose muscle in the process because they don't provide enough protein and nutrients, slowing down your metabolism and causing your body to go into survival mode.
My metabolic boosting cleanse does the complete opposite. It provides the nutrients your body needs to keep your metabolism going and in turn, allows you to lose weight!
The LynFit Metabolic Boosting Cleanse Difference:
- Before you just start tossing assorted greens into your blender, you want to make sure you mix in some metabolic boosting whey, found in my Complete Protein Shakes. Whey is low calorie (155 calories or less). It is also low in carbs, sugar and fat. You'll absolutely love the taste that makes it easy to drink at least one every day. The Complete Protein Shakes come in 3 delicious flavors: French Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry Banana Twist. There's no better tasting diet drink. And it boosts your metabolism by 25%!
- Kick-start your day with my Daily Power Shot. The first thing I do every morning is take a LynFit Daily Power Shot. It contains every single nutrient that your body needs. If your body is missing even a single nutrient your metabolism starts to slow down. The Daily Power Shot's vitamins, minerals and antioxidants help your body reach optimum health and elevates energy levels, allowing you to maximize your weight loss.
- Feeling hungry between meals? It's not the feeling hungry that's bad, it's what we do to try to satisfy that craving that hurts us. Too many of us instinctively reach for a sugary or carb filled snack when we start to feel hungry between meals. Rather than those "not so good" choices, I recommend sipping green tea while allowing your body the necessary time to process and burn off fat. If you really can't seem to get satisfied you can always enjoy another metabolic boosting Complete Protein Shake, or even a green apple.
Here's a Lisa tip: Take Omega-3 at 3! I make it a point to take my Pure Omega-3 at 3pm every day to blunt my cravings and keep my energy levels sustained. It makes it a lot easier to walk away from those temptations!
- Fuel your metabolism with seafood for dinner. What you eat for dinner makes a big difference in your weight loss success. Seafood is high in iodine and will help fuel your metabolism. Add broccoli or leafy greens to your meal and you'll give your metabolism the kick-start it needs to keep burning fat throughout the night.
Here's a Lisa tip: While cleansing, before bed, I recommend taking a LynFit Fat Burning Raspberry Ketone Cleanse. It detoxifies your system, getting rid of fat loving toxins that slow your metabolism down.
You can get all the products listed above in one convenient Metabolic Boosting Cleanse Kit. No excuses, no delays, no putting off what you can start today!
- Weight loss miracles really do happen when you sleep! Sleep is when your body regenerates and revitalizes itself. LynFit Lean Sleep with Melatonin will help your body and brain reboot so your body can burn fat even while you sleep. Drug-free, it is specifically designed for weight loss while allowing you to wake up feeling refreshed and ready for a new, metabolic boosting day!
For more information, make sure to watch my interview with Better TV where we discuss all things related to the Metabolic Boosting Cleanse or click on the video below.
- Lisa Lynn
- Tags: appetite Carbs cravings detoxify Diet exercise fat-burner fitness holiday lisa lynn Lose 10 lbs Melatonin metabolic cleanse Metabolism multivitamins nutrients Nutrition Omega Over-eating protein protein shake Raspberry ketones sleep problems Slimmer snacks Supplements Weight Loss white kidney bean extract
Drop 7 Pounds In 7 Days With A Metabolic Boosting Cleanse
I don't know about you, but I crave a cleanse after I have eaten "off plan". I don't feel good when I'm not eating right or getting enough sleep. I feel tired all the time, my cravings run my life, and I feel fat and fluffy.
I know the solution is to detox my body from all of the damage that I caused it. But I should warn you, not all cleanses are good for weight loss. In fact, most of the cleanses you see advertised actually slow down your metabolism. Did you know that juicing slows your metabolism? Juicing is great for alkalizing your body because you consume your vegetables, but it also causes hikes in blood sugar that affect your weight loss and prevent you from burning fat.
The reason cleanses are so good for us is that they make us feel re-energized. Not to mention, they reboot our metabolism when done right. We also begin eating better so we feel better right away. But that's not all that cleanses are good for. Cleansing is the best way to improve your health and jump start our weight loss plan because they are alkalizing our bodies. If our bodies are too acidic we get sick often, feel tired all the time, and struggle with weight loss. Not to mention we can't lose that stubborn fat.
All of LynFit's plans are alkalizing so they not only boost your metabolism and cause you to lose weight, but they also create vibrant health. You'll not only look better, you'll feel the best you have felt in years and your aches and pains will even subside, so you'll want to exercise!
What makes our bodies too acidic? Eating too many sweets and processed foods, meats (including chicken) and not getting enough sleep or rest.
Cleansing facts that you need to know:
We eat from Thanksgiving to New Year's and go all out like there is no tomorrow and we think we can cleanse for 1 week to fix the damage - NOT! I suggest cleansing for 30 days following a Metabolic Boosting Cleanse and allowing yourself to go off 1-2 meals per week (after 7-10 days). Keep your cheat meal light, clean and simple so you don't wreck all of your hard work. Your digestive system needs to be treated with TLC for the best health results. I usually have a fish meal made with lemon and white wine and a salad with veggies, and then frozen yogurt for dessert as my cheat meal. That's enough to make me crave going back on my cleanse.
- Our brains bathe and reboot when we sleep and if we don't sleep well enough or get enough zzz's our bodies can't reboot.
- Juicing/Drinking juices (especially if they are pre-made vs. fresh) can slow down your metabolism. When we juice on mega doses of vegetables that are raw they can affect and slow your thyroid. Eat steamed vegetables instead that won't slow your thyroid.
- Blending large amounts of vegetables, especially if you fruit can cause blood sugar levels to skyrocket and that's always counter-productive for losing weight and burning fat.
- Not getting enough clean, lean protein while cleansing can cause your body to break down muscle tissue and that causes your metabolism to slow down. Clean, lean proteins such as LynFit Complete Protein Shake and white fish are the best and only sources you should rely on while cleansing.
- Not eating to boost your metabolism slows down your metabolism. That doesn't mean you need to eat a lot, but you have to eat right.
- Not cleansing long enough. A good cleanse should be followed for at least 21 days to break bad habits and create new good ones.
How do you cleanse your body to boost your metabolism? Follow a Metabolic Boosting Cleanse and add the following tips to maximize your results:
- Take the LynFit Daily Power Shot first thing in the morning to bathe your body with vital nutrients that will provide the energy you need.
- Perform the Metabolic Booster or Fat Blaster workout at 50% intensity and do the Recovery Stretch every other day. STOP all other activities except walking or indoor biking.
- Drink you LynFit Complete Protein Shake or LynFit Lean Bar after your morning workout. Not working out in the morning? Start now! Even 15 minutes will make a difference.
- Drink at least 4 cups of green tea daily or warm water with lemon, as well as lots of fresh water; instead of coffee.
- Take LynFit Pure Omega-3 at 3pm to keep cravings in check and bathe your body with good fats for optimal health.
- Take the LynFit Raspberry Ketone Cleanse every day at 5pm with your dinner. If constipated, use more to get your bowels working.
- Take LynFit Lean Sleep 30 minutes before bed to enhance sleep. Sleep and rest are critical while cleansing. It's when our brains bathe themselves and our bodies restore themselves.
- Don't eat in between meals. Let yourself get hungry and fill up with tea, hot water with lemon or fresh water. You're supposed to be drinking 8 glasses a day. Tea counts toward your water quota as long as it's black.
- Eat steamed vegetables for dinner and every other night have white fish.
Cleansing is THE BEST way to jump-start your fat loss when you do it right. This is a great time to pick up some new habits that will change your life for the better. After all, cleansing is more than just detoxing the body. We should also be thinking about ways we can improve our lives, and our health! Recruit your mother, husband and kids and do it together as family. Even the pets can benefit!
Need some LynSpiration? Meditate daily, early in the morning or immediately after you exercise by lying flat on your back and focusing on your breathing, slowly exhaling out your stress (guys, this is especially important for you) and focus on anything that makes you smile.
Here's a bonus recipe for you to use during your cleanse; the Alkalinity Shake. Simply add the following ingredients to your blender while making your shake. Even if you hate vegetables you'll love this. You won't even know they're in there.
Directions: Wash and prep ingredients. Add to blender and blend away!
Serves 2 (that way you already have your lunch shake prepared)
(1) cup water or black coffee (coffee is loaded with antioxidants)
(4) scoops of your favorite flavor LynFit Complete Protein Shake (results are not guaranteed when using other shakes as they are loaded with inferior protein and sugar)
(1) large cucumber
(1) fistful of kale
(2-3) stalks of celery
(1) big broccoli stem
(1/2) peeled lemon
Scared you won't like the veggies in your shake? Start slow and try one new veggie each day. Most people love kale, cucumber and spinach because they are so mild tasting.
Get ready for the detox of your life. I'll warn you upfront - it's addicting!
How To Survive The Holidays Without Gaining An Ounce
This time of year, food temptation seems to lurk around every corner, not to mention the stress of our over-busy schedules. Stress destroys our waistlines because it stops us from making healthier choices.
The biggest issue I face when it comes to helping people lose weight isn't teaching them what to eat. Most of us already know we need to avoid alcohol, too many rich desserts and that we should fill up on healthy foods like vegetables, drink lots of water and exercise daily to help us navigate through these tough times. The bigger issue is that it's not real physical hunger that causes us to reach for our favorite "bad" foods but rather head hunger or a sense of 'Victory Lap' entitlement eating (you lost weight and feel you deserve to eat whatever you want). Head hunger, moods and emotions (stress or feeling overwhelmed is the worst emotion but even happiness can do this) also impacts our choices and destroys months of hard work.
That's not even the worst news. Once we start eating recklessly we can't stop eating the wrong foods. But there's great news to counteract the bad news. For the past 25 years I have used these 5 proven Metabolic Boosting techniques that will help you navigate through the holidays without gaining an ounce!
I tell my client's to EXPECT to fall, as it's human nature and we just can't be 100% on when it comes to eating clean. Put these proven techniques into action so you're ready when you do fall, and since you won't gain weight using them, you won't need to punish yourself after by spending countless hours in the gym.
These techniques cause weight loss because they trick your body into burning more calories even when you're not working out. Who doesn't need to boost their metabolism? You can lose up to 1 pound per day safely following these tips. Stuck in a weight loss rut? These tips will help you burst through that weight loss plateau that's keeping you from achieving you goals.
Here are top 5 proven Metabolic Boosting techniques that cause weight loss. They are 100% effective if you do them right!
1. If you bite it, WRITE IT!
Write every single morsel down that you bite even if you only eat a little! Use the pad on your cell phone if need be so you're never without a place to write it down
.2. 12 hours of not eating is critical each day.
Timing is everything. Choose the 12 hours each day that you'll eat throughout the holiday season. This helps keep you on track because it curbs the reckless eating that takes place after legal eating hours. Waiting to eat our first meal in the morning helps to reboot our metabolism and helps us to burn fat versus store fat.
3. Skip your usual breakfast and boost metabolism instead by drinking a LynFit Complete Protein Shake that will feed the muscle but starve the fat and has shown to boost metabolism 25%.
THIS IS CRITICAL the day after "not so good" eating and if you're trying to lose weight. Go thick to get thin! Bulk up your shake with ice. British researchers found that people who sipped thicker protein shakes felt fuller than those who sipped thinner versions. Even the drinks that had the same calorie count! Simply add 5-6 ice cubes to your shake. Need LynFit Complete Protein Shake recipes? Go HERE for more!
4. Maximize your metabolism for maximum calorie and fat burning doing metabolic workouts.
Work out on an empty stomach and take (2) LynFit Cutting Edge fat burners before your workout to help burn the calories you ate last night. Contrary to what you might hear, when it comes to losing weight, working out on an empty stomach is the best way to burn fat UNLESS you're trying to bulk up.
What's a Metabolic Workout? If it doesn't say "Metabolic", it isn't!
5. Prevent weight gain by controlling and balancing blood sugar levels.
Taking LynFit Carb Edge will give you an edge over carbs because it contains an all-natural ingredient called Phase 2 White Kidney Bean Extract. Taking these 30 minutes before a meal will not only help you control hunger and cravings but it also literally paralyzes the enzymes that digest starch so carbs cannot be broken down into sugar and stored as fat. Taking (1) LynFit Carb Edge with Phase 2 White Kidney Bean Extract before your meal can block 65% of the unwanted carbs without gastric distress, according to a study published in Nutrition Business Journal.
The secret to "Not Gaining An Ounce This Holiday Season" is boosting your metabolism so your burn more calories, even at rest. That way you control your hunger and cravings so they don't get the best of you, and remember, perform 3 Metabolic Workouts per week!
The Dieter's Cheat Sheet For Faster Fat Loss
Can't seem to move forward toward your weight loss and fitness goals no matter how hard you try? For everything you "fix" something else seems to "pop up" to discourage you? Well, you're not alone.
As a part of my LeanerLifestyle Month I've put together a Cheat Sheet to help you through the 8 most common issues that will arise during your weight loss program.
While everyone is different there are some basic steps that can be taken by everyone to help them through their tough stretches. These 8 fixes will keep you moving forward toward your ultimate goals.
- Craving? Take (1) LynFit Carb Edge at lunch and (1) LynFit Pure Omega-3 at 3pm to keep you feeling full while balancing your blood sugar.
- Can't lose that stubborn fat? Take (1) LynFit Cutting Edge 30 minutes before you work out to force your body to burn fat.
- Dead metabolism over 40? Drink a LynFit Complete Protein Shake or eat a LynFit Lean Bar for breakfast (as your breakfast NOT with your breakfast) and again for lunch.
- Still hungry? Eat your veggies! You're supposed to eat 10 per day and if you're hungry you haven't eaten enough veggies. More than likely you didn't drink enough water either.
- Constipated? Bloated? Take (2) LynFit Raspberry Ketone Cleanse at 10am or before bedtime until you feel cleaned out.
- Can't sleep? Take (1) LynFit Lean Sleep rather than over-the-counter sleep aides. They slow down your metabolism.
- Sore and achy? Take LynFit Recovery Agent to help your body heal and relieve soreness naturally so you don't hurt your metabolism.
- Need a snack? Have a green apple or 1/2 of a LynFit Lean Bar with a cup of tea.
Keep this Cheat Sheet handy for those days when these symptoms raise their ugly heads. And remember, YOU ARE in control!
- Lisa Lynn
- Tags: appetite Belly Fat bloating body fat calories constipation cravings Diet exercise fat-burner fitness holiday Holidays joint discomfort joint pain lean bars lisa lynn Melatonin Metabolism Nutrition Over-eating protein shake Raspberry ketones sleep problems Slimmer snacks toning Weight Loss white kidney bean extract
Drop 10 Pounds By Christmas!
So, you overate on Thanksgiving! Well, YOU'RE NOT ALONE! But don't worry; you can fix it just in time for the next holiday. Picture this; YOU.....down 10 pounds and looking fabulous and feeling awesome.
You have more power to change your weight than you think. You can do it when you do these 2 critical things that make losing weight faster and easier than any plan out there. These 2 things will boost your metabolism so you burn off more calories even while you're resting. The best part? It's guaranteed to work if you do it!
The Metabolic Workout, found on the LynFit Leaner Lifestyle DVD, combined with the Metabolic Boosting meal plan found in the LynFit Fitness and Nutrition Guide, take you step-by-step through the simple process of losing weight. While most fitness programs take forever to begin working, the Metabolic Boosting Meal Plan and workout is designed to work right away, keeping you motivated and on track because you see results the first day! The Metabolic Boosting program is a breakthrough body-transforming program that will help you lose 1 pound a day, break through plateaus, and tighten your body with (3) 30-minute workouts per week. You'll see and feel the results that same day and you'll look and feel awesome!
Injured? Bad knees? Don't worry! You can modify all the moves. There really is no excuse because diet is 80% of your success.
The Metabolic Boosting Program will help you:
- Lose belly fat
- Shrink your hips and thighs
- Tone your arms and legs without adding bulk
- Lose 1 pound per day
What is a Metabolic Boosting Workout? It's a combination of strength training (forget the girlie weights) done in a "metabolic" fashion, performed 3 times per week while replacing 2 meals per day with a LynFit Complete Protein Shake or LynFit Lean Bar.
NOTE: Results are only guaranteed using LynFit products, as other store-bought brands are not as clean as LynFit and won't have the same weight loss affect.
I have been using these techniques for over 25 years and helped thousands of women just like you to lose weight and change their bodies forever. Women have been taught to use light weights, yet their purses they walk around with all day weigh 8-10 pounds! Using a heavier weight and doing less sets is the secret to tightening without bulking and Metabolic Boosting workouts focus on lean, pretty muscles so you won't bulk up. By using a pair of dumbbells that actually challenge your body, you'll burn more calories even after you're finished exercising. You'll be in the best shape of your life and YOU LIVE LEAN FOR LIFE!
This 80/20 (diet is 80% of your success and exercise is 20%) combination works every time, especially for those who struggle to lose weight or are stuck in a weight loss plateau. This combination is perfect for all of you who overate and need a quick fix to straighten out the damage before you gain more weight.
Here's tools you'll need to get started:
Are you ready? Now it's your turn to lose 10 pounds in 10 days and transform your body faster than ever!
- Lisa Lynn
- Tags: accelerator appetite Belly Fat body fat cortisol cravings exercise fat-burner fitness holiday Holidays lean bars lisa lynn Lose 10 lbs metabolic cleanse Metabolism Nutrition Over-eating Phase 2 protein shake Raspberry ketones Slimmer snacks Waistline Weight Loss white kidney bean extract Women's Health
Celeb Tips: Holiday Slimdown Secrets
The average person gains 7-10 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day.
It is easy to put on weight, but it’s not so easy to take it off come January. The holidays are not a license to throw your healthy lifestyle out the window. Rather, they should be a time to be even more aware of how you treat your body. Here are the top six ways that stars stay so fit through the holidays.
Plan your eating. Mark all of your holiday parties on a calendar and create a personal eating guideline for each event. Plan to eat lean the days before and after the party. Don’t waste calories on bad food! I always say: Make a plan or plan to fail.
Set a calorie curfew. Write down your calorie total for the day and be sure to stay within these numbers. Then set a curfew and don’t eat after it. A great curfew time is 8 p.m.
Go veggie crazy. If you like to nibble, then veggies are your best friend. It will take you all night to overeat if you’re eating fresh vegetables (without creamy dips); meanwhile, you can easily consume 100-200 calories with an ounce of cheese or a handful of nuts. Be honest with yourself ahead of time and set yourself up for success by bringing the veggie plate!
Stand firm. Don’t be intimidated, persuaded or cajoled into overindulging at a holiday gathering. When the hostess offers you something that isn’t right for you, smile and politely decline. You can say, “No thanks,” “I’m stuffed,” or “I’m allergic.” If all else fails, take a cue from your kids and simply say, “I’m sorry, but I just don’t like that.”
Begin with the end in mind. Winners always do this. Don’t start your day with a latte and bagel. Instead, start your day off with a metabolism-boosting protein shake or egg whites. By preparing, you set the eating tone for your day. The same goes for parties: Go in prepared. Don’t starve yourself and enter a party ravenous. Instead, eat clean and go to the party sated. That way, you can control the food instead of letting it control you.
Don’t forget to exercise. Studies have shown that when people exercise, they tend to eat better. Exercise more when there are lots of parties happening. Add an extra walk or cardio session to what you are already doing. It will not only burn extra calories, but it will keep you out of trouble. Instead of baking, do more cardio. And remember not to set unrealistic goals: Aim for progress, not perfection.