The Gratitude Challenge For Lasting Transformational Change November 05 2014
I just completed my Advanced Level of Coaching with Jack Canfied (co-author, "Chicken Soup for the Soul") at his home in Santa Barbara, CA. During this retreat I noticed a recurring habit that totally changed people's lives - physically, mentally and spiritually. This habit didn't just change lives gradually; rather, it transformed lives overnight. What was that habit that when willingly practiced radically transformed people's lives? Gratitude.
Gratitude - that quality of willingly being thankful and appreciative for a benefit that you have already received. When it comes to weight loss and fitness we spend so much time hating our bodies. So much so that we often forget just how much we have to be grateful for. Could it be that one of the greatest hindrances to our weight loss is our attitude - our failure to be grateful? I think so.
"Less than good" attitudes are like flat tires - you won't go very far until you change it. You've all heard the saying, "what you focus on multiplies" - that is absolutely correct. Just think about it. How many times have you woke up on the wrong side of the bed and that negativity carried throughout the entire day? Once you're mired in the mud it's hard to get out.
I challenge you to change the way you look at things, starting today. Try to see some positive in everything, even bad situations. Do this on a consistent basis and eventually the way you see those things and your beliefs in them will change. What we believe shapes our thinking, which in turn shapes our lives. This is especially true when it comes to our bodies. We often don't see things for what they are but what we perceive them as being. The way we see things is shaped by the way we see ourselves. If you believe you are lovable, you will act in a loving and caring manner toward your body by treating it with respect and feeding it right, exercising it safely and nourishing it; body and mind.
When you "love" on yourself you will attract more love your way as well. Friend, spouses, even the dog will show the respect to you that you show. It all starts with you. On the opposite end of the spectrum, if you believe you're not worthy and unlovable you'll act accordingly. Yes, including eating clean, pure foods and making sure you get enough daily exercise. You focus on your fear and that fear multiplies into all aspects of your life.
I never believed I would lose weight so I never really committed to doing what I was supposed to. I used to complain, "it didn't work for me" or I would lie and tell myself I was doing what I was supposed to and it just wasn't working. The truth is nothing changed until I changed from the inside out. It all started with a single thought, a single attitude adjustment from negativity to gratefulness. Now at age 46 I'm in the best shape of my life. I've lost, and kept off, 40 pounds. And I'm stronger, more flexible than ever. My depression is gone and I'm the happiest I've ever been, despite the fact that life's not always perfect. I now experience real joy every day regardless what size my thighs are. The lies we believe about ourselves deceive us. See yourself the way God sees you. In His eyes you are perfect just as you are. This truth will set you free.
Many of the "love yourself habits" in my Gratitude Challenge will ask you to go outside your comfort zone. Transformations that radically change your life start outside of your comfort zone. I must warn you upfront: These health habits bring on radical change. Do not try these unless you want to get unstuck.
I dare you to change your life and start loving yourself today. Remember to complete each one of these on its assigned day, and don't skip ahead. It's important to be a rule-follower and perform each one at its designated time. Keep in mind, outside your comfort zone is where it all begins. By practicing these health habits over the next 21 days you'll be practicing gratitude while establishing new healthy habits that will radically transform your life physically, mentally, and spiritually. Are you ready? I dare you - all it takes is 21 days to create new lasting habits.
LynFit's 21 Day Gratitude Challenge
- Go to bed 1 hour earlier (turn off all lighted technology). Can't sleep? Take (1) LynFit Lean Sleep.
- Say it out loud: "I can do this!" - Fake it until you make it. No if's, and's or but's.
- No alcohol all weekend. Zero. It feeds belly fat.
- Don't cheat this weekend. Stick to the plan.
- Worry about nothing, pray about everything, and pray before each meal. It will slow you down.
- Do the metabolic workout and walk for 60 minutes (both on the same day).
- Drink more water all day long and if you're already doing that - drink more.
- Say only positive messages all day, versus the negative ones you've been saying......."I love my legs", no matter what size they are.
- Drink a Protein Shake for breakfast and lunch. Go vegetarian for dinner.
- Exhale. Focus on your breath today. Improper breathing, holding your breath, creates big bellies. Exhale.
- Eat earlier tonight. Aim to eat 3-4 hours prior to bedtime.
- Have a LynFit Lean Bar as your lunch today versus your usual cheat food.
- Swap out overused over-the-counter meds (unless prescribed by a physician) that slow your metabolism and use LynFit Recovery Agent instead.
- Swap out the fattening fats for LynFit Pure Omega-3, the essential fat that helps you burn fat.
- Pay attention to portions. Don't know what they are? See "The Metabolism Solution".
- Don't eat between meals. Nothing - not even veggies.
- Walk 10,000 steps or 60 minutes. Keep this up every day after today as well.
- Fight back against cravings today by taking (1) LynFit Carb Edge and (1) LynFit Pure Omega-3, 30 minutes before meals.
- Stop negative thoughts and talk by saying nice things to yourself all day. Example: "I love myself therefore I will take care of my body".
- Be a blessing to 10 people today by telling them something you think is awesome about them. You get back what you put in.
- Eat thermogenic carbs like vegetables instead of starchy carbs that slow metabolism, like oatmeal, bread, rice, pasta and crackers.
Congratulations, you did it! Bless yourself by repeating these healthy behaviors as your normal lifestyle.
According to your Faith will it be done to you. - Matthew 9:29