Five Exercise Moves To Flip The Fat-Burning Switch On
"I don't have time....."
"I don't have a gym membership....."
"I don't have any equipment at home....."
I'm going to remove all your excuses right now. No more ifs, ands, or buts. Between my delicious thermogenic recipes and these five exercise moves that can be done in your home with no equipment needed, you just cannot make anymore excuses.
Did you know that you are supposed to empty the glycogen (stored carbohydrates) in your muscles every week? That's why exercise is so important when it comes to losing weight. But not all exercise is created equal, and the exercises below are the best when it comes to lowering glycogen levels, so you boost your metabolism. When glycogen storage is depleted, fat burning increases. It’s just that simple.
One of the best ways to kick-start the fat burning process is to go low carb for two consecutive days every week. This taps into your glycogen storage for fuel, which signals your body to burn off the stored fat (LynFit's Metabolic Boosting Lose 1 Pound Per Day Kit is specifically geared for this rapid fat loss).
If you're struggling to lose weight, do this: limit your total carbs for at least two consecutive days every week. Carbs need to be under 100 grams total per day. For women over 40 with sluggish metabolisms, you may need to lower your carbs to 60 or less. You'll know by your weight loss.
This requires you to know how many carbs are in the foods you eat, and you'll need some discipline to restrict your intake. Your discipline will be rewarded with a visible difference in body fat within the first week.
After two days, slowly resume your usual intake, or better yet, live lean every day. *Women over 40 with sluggish metabolisms may need to do this 4–5 days per week for weight loss due to the slowing of your metabolism as you age.
Here are five exercises that flip the fat burning switch on and train your body to burn more fat. The best part, they also supercharge your metabolism, and they don't require any fitness equipment. In fact, you don't even have to leave your house. Perform these moves in a "drill style” for one solid minute without stopping for best results.
- Step-Ups: Standing up straight, step up onto the chair. Pause and gently return to your starting position (the floor). Be sure to keep your back straight and your abs pulled in. That's one repetition. Aim to do ten on each leg. You can alternate sides or do all of your repetitions on the same leg.
- Tricep Dips: Place your hands at the edge of your chair. Lower your body to the floor. Use your arms to raise yourself back up. Be sure to keep your body close to the seat of the chair and squeeze your arms at the top of the move.
- Push-Ups: Lay down face first on the floor and hands next to your chest. Push yourself up until your body is parallel with the floor. Keep your body straight and your core tight.
- Plank Crunch: Lie face first on the floor, body straight. Come up on your elbows and toes, using your abs to lift. Hold as long as you can, aiming for one minute.
- Side Core Raise: Lying on your side on your elbow, lift your body off the floor using your core. Too hard, use an arm or leg to help at first.
These moves can transform your body in less than 10 minutes and create that leaner look. And, don't wreck your results by drinking the wrong protein shake or juicing. Keep your carbs low to keep losing weight.
More information about these movements and other exercise moves can be found in The Metabolism Solution.
The 1-Minute-A-Day Metabolic Boosting Workout Challenge
The biggest excuse on the planet when it comes to working out is that we are just too busy. Forget trying to make it to an hour-long workout class. Add in travel time, and it’s another missed workout day. No judgement here — I've been there.
How would you like to burn double the calories in half the time without stepping foot in the gym? Metabolic boosting workouts are your answer. They are "HIT" (High-Intensity Training) workouts that are specifically geared to boost your metabolism and lower cortisol (stress hormone) that may be stopping you from losing weight.
Metabolic boosting workouts are so efficient that in just a few minutes (with no equipment at all) you’ll burn more calories than you would from a steady-pace run on the treadmill. Better yet, you'll keep burning fat and calories long after the workout is over. Bottom line, you have no excuses.
This 1-minute exercise drill, which you do each day, uses a unique combination of metabolic boosting exercises (from my book The Metabolism Solution) that you'll perform for 60 seconds each for each exercise. Instead of resting (you can if you need to) you’ll work different opposing muscle groups while the muscles you used previously rest and recover.
This method reshapes your body with adding bulk. You'll also improve your strength and endurance while toning your entire body. The whole workout may take you 20-30 minutes. You'll be challenged, so prepare to sweat. If needed, you can break these moves down into 1-minute drills until you have time to do the entire workout. Not feeling up to par? That’s okay. You can go at your own pace and do what you can. There's never a good reason not to exercise.
Aim to work out every day for two weeks until you are hooked and can’t live without exercise. This is the dirty little secret the celebrities on the red carpet use to get in shape. Take a break from your current workout and put these moves to the test if you’re trying to lose weight and shrink and reshape your upper and lower body.
- Metabolic workouts melt double the calories in ½ the time of other workouts
- Metabolic workouts boost your metabolism without boosting your appetite
- Metabolic workouts help to reduce cortisol levels (stress hormones), which is the key to melting off fat while other workouts can actually raise cortisol levels, stopping weight loss
- Can be done at home in 1-minute increments, or if you have time, you can go for the 30-minute sessions. It’s your, workout you decide. The bottom line is you've got to get it done!
Are you ready to take the 14-Day Metabolic Boosting Workout Challenge? All you need is a pair of dumbbells. No dumbbells? Use water bottles. Here's your daily gameplan, so you have no excuses!
NOTE: Photos of all these movements can be found in The Metabolism Solution. Also, the exercise for the day will be shown on my Facebook Page on that day, so make sure to follow me at https://www.facebook.com/LisaLynnFitness/
|The Exercise Component||The Food & Behavioral Modification Fix|
|Day 1: Deep squat to front raise||Drink more water|
|Day 2: Stiff leg dead lift||Eat a green apple as a snack|
|Day 3: The butt/hip stretch||Choose fish vs. chicken|
|Day 4: Front lunge with dumbbell side raise||Take a multi-vitamin|
|Day 5: Bent over dumbbell row in lunge position||Eat ½ the amount you normally would|
|Day 6: The lying inner thigh stretch||Don't eat after 7 p.m.|
|Day 7: Push-ups||Eat and additional veggie vs. starch|
|Day 8: Lying rear flies||Journal your food intake|
|Day 9: Side core raise||Don't eat any processed food|
|Day 10: Plank||Count your fat grams (stay under 20)|
|Day 11: Stretch-out 90° stretch||Count your carb grams (stay under 80)|
|Day 12: Side lunge with arm curl||Count your calories (goal weight x 10)|
|Day 13: Tricep dip||Stay away from any trigger food today|
|Day 14: Walk outside or in-place||Go to bed by 10 p.m.|
For more tips just like these, see The Metabolism Solution!