Five Exercise Moves To Flip The Fat-Burning Switch On
"I don't have time....."
"I don't have a gym membership....."
"I don't have any equipment at home....."
I'm going to remove all your excuses right now. No more ifs, ands, or buts. Between my delicious thermogenic recipes and these five exercise moves that can be done in your home with no equipment needed, you just cannot make anymore excuses.
Did you know that you are supposed to empty the glycogen (stored carbohydrates) in your muscles every week? That's why exercise is so important when it comes to losing weight. But not all exercise is created equal, and the exercises below are the best when it comes to lowering glycogen levels, so you boost your metabolism. When glycogen storage is depleted, fat burning increases. It’s just that simple.
One of the best ways to kick-start the fat burning process is to go low carb for two consecutive days every week. This taps into your glycogen storage for fuel, which signals your body to burn off the stored fat (LynFit's Metabolic Boosting Lose 1 Pound Per Day Kit is specifically geared for this rapid fat loss).
If you're struggling to lose weight, do this: limit your total carbs for at least two consecutive days every week. Carbs need to be under 100 grams total per day. For women over 40 with sluggish metabolisms, you may need to lower your carbs to 60 or less. You'll know by your weight loss.
This requires you to know how many carbs are in the foods you eat, and you'll need some discipline to restrict your intake. Your discipline will be rewarded with a visible difference in body fat within the first week.
After two days, slowly resume your usual intake, or better yet, live lean every day. *Women over 40 with sluggish metabolisms may need to do this 4–5 days per week for weight loss due to the slowing of your metabolism as you age.
Here are five exercises that flip the fat burning switch on and train your body to burn more fat. The best part, they also supercharge your metabolism, and they don't require any fitness equipment. In fact, you don't even have to leave your house. Perform these moves in a "drill style” for one solid minute without stopping for best results.
- Step-Ups: Standing up straight, step up onto the chair. Pause and gently return to your starting position (the floor). Be sure to keep your back straight and your abs pulled in. That's one repetition. Aim to do ten on each leg. You can alternate sides or do all of your repetitions on the same leg.
- Tricep Dips: Place your hands at the edge of your chair. Lower your body to the floor. Use your arms to raise yourself back up. Be sure to keep your body close to the seat of the chair and squeeze your arms at the top of the move.
- Push-Ups: Lay down face first on the floor and hands next to your chest. Push yourself up until your body is parallel with the floor. Keep your body straight and your core tight.
- Plank Crunch: Lie face first on the floor, body straight. Come up on your elbows and toes, using your abs to lift. Hold as long as you can, aiming for one minute.
- Side Core Raise: Lying on your side on your elbow, lift your body off the floor using your core. Too hard, use an arm or leg to help at first.
These moves can transform your body in less than 10 minutes and create that leaner look. And, don't wreck your results by drinking the wrong protein shake or juicing. Keep your carbs low to keep losing weight.
More information about these movements and other exercise moves can be found in The Metabolism Solution.
- Lisa Lynn