Getting Back On Track With Your Weight Loss
When it comes to weight loss, "tomorrow" is the most dangerous word in the English language. If you're serious about losing weight, and not seeing the results you'd like, it's time to stop living the way you've been living. The price you pay is very high for the cheap thrill that food gives you. In the end, it might even cost you your health. How you're living today directly affects your tomorrow. So, what will you do differently?
I receive emails seeking advice, all too often, from people with a habit of doing a week or two of strict, metabolic boosting eating and then falling off the weight loss wagon into a pile of cookies or store-bought protein bars. They want to know what they can do to stick to the plan, or should they even try. The first thing I tell them is the reason most people fall is that they think they need to be perfect with their eating. It's important to understand that perfection does not exist.
Most of us fall because we become too legalistic about our diets. Rather, our diets should be treated as a habit of making better choices, requiring us to decide what our actions will be. This makes us responsible for our actions, and the outcomes.
You know the old saying; "If you keep doing what you've always done you'll just keep getting the same results. To expect anything different is the very definition of insanity." Quite honestly, there is a lot of insanity surrounding the foods that will keep you from reaching your goals.
Have you ever told yourself; "I'll just have a little"? Sorry to say it, but that little bit is what's stopping you from reaching your goals.
It's at these very times to remind yourself that perfection does not exist. Focus on daily progress, not daily perfection. You have more control than you think when it comes to making food choices. But if you keep falling off the wagon, it's possible you may need a few tools to help keep you on track.
These tools make losing weight faster and easier because they:
- Help kill hunger and cravings that cause you to fall off-plan
- Boost metabolism by 25 percent, so you burn more calories all day long, even while asleep. This is especially important when you decide to go off-plan because it will help keep you from gaining weight.
- Block cortisol (stress hormones) levels from rising, which helps prevent weight gain in the belly, hips, and thighs. Blocking cortisol is more important than you think. Stress causes your body to produce excess cortisol levels, and the only way to melt belly fat is by reducing these levels. It's not an easy job and the very reason you need to attack belly fat with a 1, 2, 3 punch.
STEP #1: BOOST METABOLISM AND BLOCK CORTISOL LEVELS
Looking for a delicious shake recipe that will not only tantalize your taste buds but rev up your metabolism as well? Look no further — here's my Melt Belly Fat Birthday Cake Smoothie:
(½ cup) Water
(3–4) Ice cubes
STEP #2: KILL HUNGER AND CRAVINGS
Here is your supplement stack:
- LynFit Accelerator with Raspberry Ketones to accelerate the process and trick your body into acting like a thin person. A lean person will burn fat more efficiently. (If you're highly sensitive to caffeine you may want to skip the Accelerator. The stack will still give you what you need, so follow the steps without Accelerator.)
- LynFit Carb Edge with Forskolin to help enhance thyroid function and balance blood sugar levels, which is the secret to killing your cravings and managing hunger.
- LynFit Cutting Edge to force your body to burn off that stubborn body fat for fuel.
STEP #3: AVOID THE AFTERNOON ENERGY CRASH TO ESCAPE CRAVINGS BEFORE THEY BEGIN
Should you find yourself unable to suppress the urge to eat junk food, adopt the 80/20 rule. You're already following it; you just don't know it.
For the most part, you're eating your favorite foods every couple of weeks — it's inevitable. It's going to happen, and you should expect it. So, the best solution is to plan it ahead of time. If you plan for it ahead of time, you can cheat and still lose weight. Have a little pep talk with yourself. Sit down and tell yourself to try the 80/20 plan.
On the Advanced Metabolic Boosting Meal Plan, you can eat on plan 80 percent of the time and go off the plan 20 percent of the time and still lose weight. That's the beauty of this plan. In fact, this is the only plan that takes into consideration that you live in the real world, you're human, and that you cheat once in a while.
Planning in advance when you cheat also puts you in control of the binge vs. the binge controlling you. It also changes how you emotionally respond to a binge—no guilt, because it's all a part of your weight loss plan. You'll accept the situation, not struggle in vain against it. You'll eat less and know exactly what to eat, and how much. The scale will go up slightly, but you'll be back on track in no time.
Although there are physiological consequences to binging on junk food, I'd wager that most of the damage comes from the stress we inflict on ourselves—the internal fight and refusal, which only causes us to binge more. The refusal to accept the inevitable situation, combined with the guilt and shame you're piling on yourself for losing that fight.
Here's what the 80/20 plan get you: Acceptance! You learn to accept things you cannot change. You're no longer fighting a battle you most likely cannot win.
I can't think of anything harder or more stressful than struggling with food. I've struggled with it my entire life until I learned about the 80/20 rule.
You can live guilt-free. Guilt about eating junk food can actually cause you to gain weight and depress your immune system. By making a plan to "go off" for a meal as an occasional (1–2 times weekly) deviation from your regular schedule, rather than betraying your body, you remove the guilt. Make a plan, if you plan on losing.
I would encourage you to read this article I wrote previously about how to cheat and still lose weight to keep your metabolism in full swing, and how if you don't, it can alter the physiological effect it has on you.
As Kelly Clarkson says in her song: "Think Before You Cheat" so you don't hurt your health or destroy a month's worth of dieting. Most of the time it's not worth it anyway.
So, eat happily, just don't' forget to boost first!
- Lisa Lynn
- Tags: accelerator appetite Belly Fat blood pressure blood sugar blood sugar levels body fat burn fat calories carb edge carbohydrates Carbs cholesterol comfort food cortisol cravings depression dieting eat healthy eating eating habits energy energy bar energy bars energy drink energy drinks exercise fat fat loss fitness fitness goals food food substitutes goals health healthy food healthy habits ketones l-carnitine lean bars lean protein lisa lynn lisa lynn fitness lose weight lynfit meal plan melt fat metabolism nutrients Nutrition overweight power bar protein bar protein shake raspberries raspberry ketone raspberry ketones resolutions smoothie smoothies snack snacking snacks stress eating sugar sugar cravings supplementing supplements vitamins Waistline weight weight gain weight loss weight loss goals whey supplements
Wedding Day Makeover
If done correctly, fast weight loss isn't always a bad thing. The goal should always be to protect your health and feel good. While waiting to the last minute to get started on weight loss for the "big day" isn't the perfect scenario, there are a few aggressive tricks that can make weight loss faster and easier without sacrificing health.
One of the oldest and most successful ways to lose weight is to deplete your glycogen storage, so your body releases stored fluid, making you feel and look less bloated. It jump-starts and turbocharges your metabolism allowing your body to burn off stored fat vs. constantly having to process your not-so-healthy eating choices. There is a catch, however.....
To deplete glycogen storage and lose weight, you need to reduce calories. However, when calories are reduced your metabolism slows down unless you do the three things listed below.
The bottom line is that food is 90 percent of your weight loss success, so that's where your big focus needs to be. If you're not losing weight as you should, you're not eating correctly for weight loss.
While we've discussed the three Change-Outs used for fast weight loss, there are other ways to boost your metabolism—such as the smart use of safe supplements. Listed below are five Diet Sabotagers and their supplement solution:
- Struggle with hunger, cravings, and depression: LynFit Carb Edge
- Struggle with losing body fat in certain areas: LynFit Cutting Edge, LynFit Accelerator
- Struggle with low energy and fatigue: LynFit Daily Power Shot
- Struggle with making poor snack choices: LynFit Lean Bars
- Struggle with a lack of time to make a LynFit Protein Shake: Eat a LynFit Lean Bar instead
Here's wishing you success in getting into shape for your next big occasion.
Fast, Healthy Weight Loss
Are you getting ready for the beach, graduation, prom or a wedding but can’t stay on your diet and fitness plan? This can be overwhelming for anyone.
The good news is that anyone can boost their metabolism by doing these two things:
- Working out first thing in the morning at home, on an empty stomach to boost metabolism and endorphins.
- When we feel better we eat better it’s that simple. Not to mention metabolic exercise reshapes your body without bulking and boosts metabolism which helps you lose weight and see results within the first week.
Intense exercise increases cortisol levels temporarily, but metabolic and lower intensity exercise seems to reduce them. University of California researchers say that metabolic exercise may blunt some of the negative effects of stress. Not to mention the increase in endorphins you feel that decrease appetite and increase a feeling of well-being. It's important to note that not all exercise is created equal. Metabolic exercise is the perfect combination of moves without overdoing it, which creates more stress in the body and higher cortisol levels.
Your morning meal sets the stage for the rest of your day, so start if off right. This step “offsets” calories you eat so if you're not so perfect you still lose weight—guaranteed.
Boost at breakfast by drinking a metabolic boosting whey protein shake. Whey is full of amino acids that nourish the body, improve mood and boost immunity, while providing lasting energy. Drinking a whey protein shake blocks cortisol to flip the hunger switch back to off. Whey Protein boosts metabolism 25% and provides natural energy so you feel better fast. It provides the right nutrients your body needs to combat stress, which kills cravings for fast weight loss. Repeat this step for lunch as well.
You can expect to fall off your diet, so plan for it ahead of time. We are all human and that’s exactly why you drank the shake for breakfast. Most plans don’t allow for this and that's why they fail. It's not your fault but the plan that’s faulty.
What makes the metabolic boosting strategy so successful (by the way, everyone loses weight on this plan) is that you need your metabolism boosted and running at optimal speed, so when you cheat you don’t gain an ounce. This also makes room for the human things we do.
Here are a few examples of the “cheats” most people do that stop them from losing weight. Most of the time people will say: “I only ate a little”. Sadly that’s all it takes to stop weight loss.
- Excess fats: nuts, avocados and cheese
- Excessive protein of the wrong kind: Chicken, salmon – more than 3 ounces
- Excessive carb intake: fruit, wraps, protein bars , drinks and smoothies
For more information about these tips and other metabolic boosting steps, refer to "The Metabolism Solution".
5 Habits That Boost Your Metabolism
Most people start a new workout routine or diet at the beginning of a new year, but I say Fall is the best time of year to get in shape. When summer turns to Fall our daily schedules get back to normal and that makes it easier to get back on track with our fitness routines.
I suggest kick-starting your weight loss with my Fall Fitness Challenge. It will help you focus on one new behavior each day, and by the end of the month you will have mastered them all. You will shed some pounds and melt some fat in the process.
Here are 5 metabolic boosting, weight loss habits that will jump-start your Fall Fitness Challenge:
Work Out at Home for Faster, Easier Weight Loss
Home workouts are better for weight loss because you use less machines that can bulk you up. Machines aren't as good as free weights when it comes to toning and tightening. Metabolic workouts are the best way to transform your body fast and all you need is the Metabolic Workout DVD, a pair of dumbbells and 30 minutes. You can't even get to and from the gym in that amount of time, let alone get your workout done. With metabolic home workouts you'll start seeing results in one week. If you're not seeing changes in your body you're not doing the right workout.
You can also find metabolic workouts in my book, "The Metabolism Solution".
Eat More Yummy Veggies
When you eat the right thermogenic vegetables you not only stay fuller longer, you'll also kill cravings. This time of year we all crave comfort foods. Try this simple thermogenic, irresistibly delicious vegetable soup to kill those cravings and satisfy that need for comfort food.
Chicken Soup for the Metabolism
(8) cups chicken stock or fat free, lower sodium chicken broth
(2) cups diagonally sliced carrots
(1) cup chopped onion
½ teaspoon black pepper
(2) 4oz. skinless, bone in chicken thighs
(1) 12oz. skinless, bone in chicken breast half
(2) cups diagonally sliced celery
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
Celery leaves (optional)
Combine stock and chicken in a large pot over medium-high heat, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Remove chicken from the pot and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove chicken from the bones and shred meat into bite-sized pieces. Discard bones.
Add carrots, celery and onion to pot; cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add chicken, salt and black pepper. Cook until done and add celery leaves if desired.
Boost Mood and Metabolism with LynFit Vitamin D3 Boost and LynFit Daily Power Shot
You'll boost mood, metabolism and immunity, which is critical this time of year when seasonal affective disorders kick in. When we feel better we eat better and feel up to working out. That's the best way to boost a sluggish metabolism and melt belly fat fast.
Each morning when you wake up take a Daily Power Shot for nourishing and fast acting energy, along with a D3 Boost and you'll feel better naturally all day long.
Another reason we fall off the lean eating wagon is our sleep patterns are off. It's a good idea to take LynFit Lean Sleep 1-2 hours before bedtime so that you fall asleep fast and wake up feeling refreshed. Lean Sleep regulates sleep patterns which help lower cortisol so you lose belly fat faster and easier. Cortisol is secreted when we are stressed. It's important to sleep 7 hours each night to help lower cortisol, making it easier to lose belly fat.
You'll love how this makes you feel and you'll notice that you crave less because you're well rested. In fact, most herbal sleeping remedies contain ingredients that actually slow metabolism, making it harder to lose weight.
For more information on sleep patterns, read Chapter 3 in "The Metabolism Solution".
Have the Right Go-To Food When Cravings Kick In
Another reason we fall off the clean-eating wagon is we crave and feel deprived. It's important to have the right go-to foods around when those cravings kick in. I usually grab a LynFit Lean Bar. On the weekend I make Peanut Butter Balls that are not only healthy but also good for you. 3 of them are only 99 calories if you leave oatmeal out of the recipe. You can find the recipe in "The Metabolism Solution".
Rev Up Your Sluggish Metabolism Before Lunch
There are some big breakthroughs when it comes to losing excess body fat. If you're trying to lose body fat or maybe you're stuck in a weight loss rut, boosting your metabolism is the solution.
These simple strategies will outsmart your fat cells so that even the most stubborn body fat will melt off. Even the most stubborn areas of your body; like the back of the arms, belly (happy handles too), and of course the hips and thighs, will melt off in a matter of weeks.
These metabolism solutions are perfect right before big events such as proms, weddings, or even beach season. If you follow these 5 metabolism solutions you'll feel better and see results right away. If you don't see results right away you know there is something in your diet that needs addressing, so go back to basics (see my new book, The Metabolism Solution, to learn exactly what they are).
5 Solutions to Boost Your Metabolism and Blast Fat Fast
- Kick your metabolism into high gear with metabolic boosting workouts. Perform a metabolic boosting workout such as the Metabolic Booster on an empty stomach. Black coffee is okay, but no milk or sugar in your coffee as they add carbs and calories. For the best results, aim to do three LynFit metabolic boosting workouts weekly. Add cardio daily to turbo-charge your fat loss.
- Blast belly fat fast. The secret to blasting belly fat is to take the LynFit Cutting Edge before your workout as it has exactly what your body needs to blast fat fast. These highly effective ingredients may help to lure fat into the cells to be used as fuel. They will not only help you burn off excess body fat, but also help to lower bad cholesterol and boost energy.
- Destroy fat with a fat-blasting breakfast after you work out. After your workout swap out your carb-filled breakfast with a LynFit Complete Protein or Advanced Complete Protein Shake. They contain only 120 calories, are low carb and extremely low sugar compared to other shakes. Protein shakes that are made from clean, pure whey will not only boost your metabolism, but they will also block cortisol (the stress hormone that causes us to store fat around our belly) from rising. Whey helps to balance blood sugar levels, which is the secret to getting your body to release fat from storage.
*Reducing carbs means eating less fruit. While fruit supplies some nutrients it also contains sugar which causes your insulin levels to rise. This stops weight loss dead in its tracks. The worst fruit offender is bananas. Bananas contain 100 calories per 4 inches and a whopping 16 grams of sugar. If you must have fruit, have ½ of a grapefruit - unless you're trying to gain weight and maintain muscle.
- Drink ½ of your daily water quota before lunch. Being dehydrated can cause your metabolism to slow down as much as 3%. Nine out of ten times when we think we are hungry we are really thirsty and need to drink more water. Something else to keep in mind: A lot of the calories burned from drinking water come from your body working to bring cold water to 98.6 degrees. So drinking hot water with lemon or hot tea all the time won't be as good at boosting your metabolism as drinking cold water will. Aim for ½ your body weight in ounces daily and take that a step further by drinking ½ of that by noon.
Example: If you weigh 120 pounds you need 60 ounces of water daily. You should aim to drink 30 of those ounces by noon.
- Skip your mid-morning snack. It's okay to be hungry. In fact, it's necessary when you're trying to lose weight. Most of the time we eat out of habit and we really don't need the excess calories. Wait until lunch and always remember you need to keep 3 hours between meals for fast fat loss. Skipping your morning snack is easier than you think and will push your body into fat-burning mode fast
If Your Workout Doesn't Say Metabolic, It Isn't!
When it comes to weight loss not all workouts are created equal. Let's face it, anytime you're exercising versus sitting on the couch it's a good thing. But what you might not know is that there are specific ways you can exercise that double your weight loss results in ½ the time.
You don't need an expensive gym membership or any fancy equipment for that matter. The fastest, most effective way to tone, tighten and firm your body is by doing metabolic exercise. How do you know if your workout is metabolic? Simple; if it doesn't say metabolic, it isn't.
If you're not seeing visible results within one week and losing 3-4 pounds a week then your workout isn't doing its job. Keep in mind too that diet is 90% of your weight loss success. I'm sure you've heard me say this a thousand times but I'll remind you again - a LynFit Complete Protein Shake makes you lose a pound a day!
That being said, I'll show you what differentiates a workout that boosts metabolism versus cross fit style "kill yourself" workouts that raise your cortisol levels which stop fat loss. Yoga/Pilates style workouts? Too easy. Metabolic workouts fall right in the middle so your body burns fat at an elevated rate all day long.
That's the best way to boost your metabolism so you lose more weight and flatten your abs while tightening and toning thighs versus bulking up.
Are you ready to change your body? No more excuses! Take the 7-Day Challenge and watch your body change in one week. Add 30 minutes of cardio daily and you'll turbo-charge your results.
Day One: LynFit Metabolic Boosting Workout 1
Day Two: LynFit Lean Core
Day Three: LynFit Fat Blaster
Day Four: LynFit Recovery Stretch
Day Five: LynFit Metabolic Boosting Workout 2
Day Six: LynFit Lean Core
Day Seven: 60 minutes of cardio (walking or biking inside at a constant pace)
Repeat for 21 days to form this into a habit!
*If you haven't been working out start slow. Do ½ the amount of work.
The research shows that metabolic workouts are two times more effective than typical gym workouts. Do your own research and get ready for the new leaner stronger you. Remember that your bones require two strength training sessions weekly. They'll thank you for it!
Drop 10 Pounds By Christmas!
So, you overate on Thanksgiving! Well, YOU'RE NOT ALONE! But don't worry; you can fix it just in time for the next holiday. Picture this; YOU.....down 10 pounds and looking fabulous and feeling awesome.
You have more power to change your weight than you think. You can do it when you do these 2 critical things that make losing weight faster and easier than any plan out there. These 2 things will boost your metabolism so you burn off more calories even while you're resting. The best part? It's guaranteed to work if you do it!
The Metabolic Workout, found on the LynFit Leaner Lifestyle DVD, combined with the Metabolic Boosting meal plan found in the LynFit Fitness and Nutrition Guide, take you step-by-step through the simple process of losing weight. While most fitness programs take forever to begin working, the Metabolic Boosting Meal Plan and workout is designed to work right away, keeping you motivated and on track because you see results the first day! The Metabolic Boosting program is a breakthrough body-transforming program that will help you lose 1 pound a day, break through plateaus, and tighten your body with (3) 30-minute workouts per week. You'll see and feel the results that same day and you'll look and feel awesome!
Injured? Bad knees? Don't worry! You can modify all the moves. There really is no excuse because diet is 80% of your success.
The Metabolic Boosting Program will help you:
- Lose belly fat
- Shrink your hips and thighs
- Tone your arms and legs without adding bulk
- Lose 1 pound per day
What is a Metabolic Boosting Workout? It's a combination of strength training (forget the girlie weights) done in a "metabolic" fashion, performed 3 times per week while replacing 2 meals per day with a LynFit Complete Protein Shake or LynFit Lean Bar.
NOTE: Results are only guaranteed using LynFit products, as other store-bought brands are not as clean as LynFit and won't have the same weight loss affect.
I have been using these techniques for over 25 years and helped thousands of women just like you to lose weight and change their bodies forever. Women have been taught to use light weights, yet their purses they walk around with all day weigh 8-10 pounds! Using a heavier weight and doing less sets is the secret to tightening without bulking and Metabolic Boosting workouts focus on lean, pretty muscles so you won't bulk up. By using a pair of dumbbells that actually challenge your body, you'll burn more calories even after you're finished exercising. You'll be in the best shape of your life and YOU LIVE LEAN FOR LIFE!
This 80/20 (diet is 80% of your success and exercise is 20%) combination works every time, especially for those who struggle to lose weight or are stuck in a weight loss plateau. This combination is perfect for all of you who overate and need a quick fix to straighten out the damage before you gain more weight.
Here's tools you'll need to get started:
Are you ready? Now it's your turn to lose 10 pounds in 10 days and transform your body faster than ever!
- Lisa Lynn
- Tags: accelerator appetite Belly Fat body fat cortisol cravings exercise fat-burner fitness holiday Holidays lean bars lisa lynn Lose 10 lbs metabolic cleanse Metabolism Nutrition Over-eating Phase 2 protein shake Raspberry ketones Slimmer snacks Waistline Weight Loss white kidney bean extract Women's Health
Solutions To Your Top 3 Weight Loss Issues
My answer is still you can't supplement away a bad diet. However, smart use of supplements can help you overcome the obstacles that keep you from losing weight.
I'm going to take the top 3 issues we all face in losing weight and I'm going to teach you how much, when and why you need to take these supplements. I don't know about you, but telling me to do something never works until I understand WHY I need to.
Weight Loss Issue #1: Sluggish, dead metabolism - "I just can't lose weight!"
Weight Loss Issue #2: Cravings and hunger
Weight Loss Issue #3: Can't lose that stubborn body fat
This 1-2-3 combination (LynFit Complete Protein Shake for breakfast, LynFit Cutting Edge before workouts to burn extra fat, and LynFit Carb Edge to control cravings) has been known to decrease belly fat by 12% and quickly reduce waist size.
If that's not enough, it gets even better! You'll see and feel results in 10 weeks when you combine the LynFit Complete Protein Shake, LynFit Carb Edge and LynFit Accelerator together at the same time!