What Your Body Is Telling You When It Aches
"ITIS" means it's coming from inflammation. Whether it's sinusitis, tendonitis, bursitis, arthritis, or fibromyalgia, your body is telling you it needs additional nutrients to heal. Believe it or not, pain is positive as it's your body's way of saying "you're not taking care of me!" As we age or overdo it, our bodies require very specific nutrients daily, and lots of them, to get the job done. This makes your diet and supplement program more important than ever!
But what you may not know is that all of those over-the-counter pain meds (especially prescriptions meds) may be part of the reason you ache. Not to mention, they slow down your metabolism. Pain medications block the healing process, versus helping it and may cause rebound pain. Now, I'm not suggesting that you stop cold turkey. But I am suggesting that you begin treating your pain with a more natural holistic approach. This approach will make you feel better fast and save you time and money!
Here are SIX things your body is telling you when it hurts:
- GET UP and MOVE Every day to help remove toxins and bring fresh blood into the area! Don't repeat the same activity that hurt you. Stretching, gentle walking or indoor bicycling works wonders. Do LynFit's Recovery and stretch daily at the pace that feels right for your body.
- DRINK MORE WATER than you think you need. Our bodies need 8-10 glasses of water daily but when we ached we require more to help flush the toxins out. Drink more water and sip hot tea with lemon to help with the emotional side of joint pain and promote faster healing. Aim for 12 glasses of water daily and try floating a lemon or lime wedge in your water to add flavor and make you crave it. You'll drink more.
- Take Pure Omega 3 daily even if you eat salmon 2 times a week! Did you know that taking Omega 3 every day can alleviate joint pain and soreness? LynFit's Pure Omega 3 is unlike any other you can buy at a store because it's purified to remove contaminants that cause joint pain and is always free of saturated fats found in less expensive brands! Now you know why the store-bought brands are so cheap and I gotta tell you that these benefits can only be seen when the right amounts of EPA and DHA are present. You need at least 600mg of EPA and DHA to get these benefits! As you can see HERE, LynFit's Pure Omega meets and or exceeds those levels! When taking LynFit's Pure Omega you'll see and feel the results within 2 weeks!
- DUMP the olive oil. Eating too much olive oil can actually exacerbate joint pain because it contains Omega 6 which decreases your helpful Omega 3, causing joint pain. The only essential fat we are deficient in is Omega 3. So drop all other fats such as olive oil, flax, avocados, nuts and seeds, as they all contribute to weight gain and more joint pain. Even essential fats cause weight gain and add to our waistlines and need to be reduced!
- LOSE WEIGHT drinking a Complete Protein Shake! Losing 5-10 pounds can make a world of difference when it comes to joint pain and getting relief! When we lose weight we release a pressure valve that relieves body pains almost instantly. Every extra pound increases the load on your joints three to five times, so you you're increasing your pain and risk of developing osteoporosis many times being overweight. Lose weight fast be drinking a Complete Protein Shake daily for breakfast to BLOCK pain causing cortisol from rising. Nourish your body with every amino acid it needs for healing and repair.
- BLOCK Carbs and Sugar! High blood sugar levels cause pain to elevate! Following the Slimmer By Dinner Meal Plan keeps blood sugar levels low. That's why it helps you lose weight fast. What else can you do if your blood sugar levels are high? It's also helpful to take (1) Carb Edge before meals, especially the "NOT SO GOOD" ones. Clinical research show it BLOCKS 65% of unwanted carbs from being digested, so they aren't absorbed and they don't raise blood sugar levels. Carb Edge quickly lowers blood sugar levels that contribute to joint pain and will also help you conquer cravings!
If you are one of those people who suffer with daily aches and pains you may want to add LynFit's Recovery Agent as a daily defense. Recovery Agent is a multivitamin and joint healing supplements wrapped into one!
Are You a Carb Addict?
Ditch Food Cravings in 24 Hours in 3 Steps!
A new study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition shows that drug addicts and carb junkies have a lot in common when it comes to cravings.
Did you know that findings show that the quick spike and subsequent crash in blood sugar that comes after eating highly processed carbs activates the reward and addiction center of the brain much like the cravings a drug addict would experience? The study suggests avoiding refined carbohydrates as a good weight-loss strategy to offset strong cravings that carbs induce.
But how easy is it for a carb junkie to go cold turkey?It can be extraordinarily difficult to just cut carbs out of your life and I find it’s one of the biggest obstacles most of my clients have to achieving their weight loss goals! When it comes to carbs you have to have an intervention of sorts to really shock your body and brain into a new way of thinking. Of course, not all carbs are bad! For example, whole grains and carbohydrates in vegetables take a long time to break down, raising the blood sugar slowly, whereas, refined carbs are the real culprits (such as sugar, corn syrup and white flour) that cause sharp spikes in the blood sugar. And it’s the refined carbs that most of us find ourselves struggling with that causes the brain to crave even more food as a reward.
Here are three refined carb intervention techniques that you can use to recalibrate your mind and ultimately your body, from unwanted food cravings within 24 hours!
Intervention Technique #1: A Green Apple A Day – You can effectively shut off your hunger hormone having a green apple mid-morning, as shown in the LynFit meal plans. Green apples are a low-calorie snack that contain no fat or cholesterol and has less fructose than a red apple. They are effective at shutting down your hunger hormone because they have the ability to lift blood sugar to just the right level. Plus, the antioxidants in green apples may help prevent metabolic syndrome, a condition marked by excess belly fat or an "apple shape."
Intervention Technique #2: Control the Slip Ups with Supplementation: In any intervention there will be an occasional slip up; someone in the office will order pizza or if you don’t have that slice of birthday cake you’ll offend someone. Sometimes it’s impossible to go through the day and not expect that we will encounter a carb dilemma which is why I recommend taking the LynFit Carb Edge (link to LynFit Carb Edge) which has white kidney bean extract called Phase 2 that literally paralyzes the enzymes that digest starch so carbs cannot be broken down into sugar. The Phase 2 white kidney bean extract has been clinically shown to reduce starch digestion and promote weight loss. It works by temporarily binding with the enzyme that digests starch, preventing a portion of the carbohydrates from being broken down into sugar and stored as fat. One capsule before a meal can block up to 65 percent of unwanted carbs without causing gastric distress according to a study published in Nutrition Business Journal.
Intervention Technique #3: Make Your Own Dunkin’ – Dessert drinks and ice cream are some of today’s most tempting fast food pick-me-ups. Turn any Dunkin’ Donuts dessert drink into a protein based treat that will not only kill food cravings but can also help boost your metabolism! To fight against the urge, a home-made Metabolic Boosting Mocha Protein Latte (link to Protein Shake Recipes) can give you the satisfaction of a frothy dessert without hijacking your brain into addiction mode.
Whey Protein (link to Complete Protein Shakes and Lean Bars) is also known for halting the stress hormone known as cortisol (which increases blood sugar and depresses the immune system) and keeping it from rising.
For more tips, visit: LynFit's Facebook Page
The Lean Sleep Secret
If your metabolism is DEAD, you’re storing fat around your mid-section and live in a chronic state of exhaustion; lack of sleep may be your problem! I have battled with my weight and depression my whole life and that caused my cravings for sugar and carbs to spiral out of control. I have learned that I NEED my sleep. In fact, I revolve my life around going to bed on time because I feel that much better when I wake up. The problem is that I can’t always sleep or I fall asleep but wake up a lot during the night. I began taking over the counter sleep aids but that only made me feel worse. I began waking up feeling groggy, bloated and felt like I was gaining weight by the day. I decided to go to the health food store to buy something all natural. Little did I know that just because it's 100% natural does not mean it won’t slow my metabolism down. I have one of THE slowest metabolisms and I didn't want to make it any slower!
This is part of my story and why I study metabolic syndrome aka; dead metabolisms for at least 1 hour every day and decided to create my own line of supplements that were high quality, clean & pure so they enhance your metabolism versus slow it down the way most commercially bought supplements and over the counter medications can.
There are so many different things we do daily that slow our already sluggish metabolisms. Supplements & medications are some of the worst offenders! Sleep aids, anti-anxiety medications and anything that SLOWS down our bodies processes will slow down our metabolism! DON'T STOP taking them if you are under the care of your doctor BUT begin trying to ween off them by adopting a healthier lifestyle. In the meantime, you can ease your symptoms with a better alternative that boosts your metabolism and improves your health!
Take a curious look into your medicine cabinet and look for the words "ANTI" . Any time you see the word "ANTI", you’re most likely slowing down your metabolism!
Here is the secret about
sleep that no one talks about yet is at the core of your cravings. Here is why not sleeping makes us store
fat especially around our stomachs hips and thighs not to
- Crave sugar and carbs to pick us up/energize us
- Raise blood sugar levels
- Are tired/lack energy to workout
- Causes hormone imbalances
- Lowers your immune response - GET SICK easily
Anxiety caused by fatigue is THE top REASON WE CAN’T CONTROL what we eat. The best way to deal with chronic over eating, cravings and BELLY fat is to improve your sleep! Improving my sleep has made a huge difference for me. I wake up feeling better so I want to exercise!
Did you know that it's when we sleep that all of the magic occurs for weight loss? During the deep sleep our systems heal & repair, blood sugar levels decline and our systems reset & reboot themselves. Most people think this happens in the gym, but it’s when we sleep deeply that our bodies perform these miracles. Prioritize your sleep the way you prioritize your workouts (you are doing that right?)
How do you know if you’re sleeping enough to affect your metabolism? Seven hours of sleep is best for your metabolism and it’s better if you sleep deeply for your system to be prompted to reboot.
Here's what the earth-shattering new research has revealed, and why lack of sleep could be stalling your ability to lose weight and keep it off:
- We are more likely to experience major weight gain (defined as 11 pounds or more)
- We are more likely to struggle with depression and anxiety
- When we sleep less, we burn less - General energy expenditure was 5 percent less than it is when you get a good night's sleep, and after our meals we burn 20 percent less calories.
Imagine how much weight you’ll gain if you over eat fat storing foods like carbs and sugar combined with the 20% reduction in caloric burn? That’s an easy weight gain and belly fat prescription!
- Sleep less, eat more – People who got only 5-6 hours of sleep at night ate 350-500 additional calories the next day.
- Sleep less, crave more. This is probably the biggest revelation about the connection between sleep and weight loss—and the biggest challenge for you if you're not getting at least 7 solid hours of sleep each night. Sleeping too little impacts your hormone levels. Lack of sleep impacts them so much that it’s being blamed for the number one reason we eat out of control, crave and can’t stick to a diet.
- Insufficient sleep raises the levels of ghrelin, the hormone that tells you to eat. When it comes to weight gain and loss, this hormone plays a leading role.
Ghrelin's job is to boost your appetite, increase fat production, and make your body grow—all of which are fine things if you're a lanky 12-year-old. But as you get older, Ghrelin's effects can seem pretty darned undesirable. It's a cinch to figure out why this hormone is the last thing a dieter needs to have circulating in excess.
I bet you’re wondering, if we are so tired why can’t we sleep? Sometimes it's just how we are hard wired or maybe your life has been so stressful that you’re chronically over stimulated causing you to live in the high cortisol environment, causing you to store fat and gain weight. Even positive stress like over exercising or happy events can affect our hormones and stimulate cortisol. This is why living a lean Lifestyle is crucial for long term health and weight loss.
Reasons we can’t sleep:
- Lack of Melatonin – Natural Melatonin levels decline gradually after the age of thirty. Some of us produce very small amounts of it or none at all. This is why, if you are over the age of 30, you need to supplement with Melatonin daily!
- What is melatonin you ask? Melatonin is a hormone secreted by the pineal gland located at the base of the brain that helps regulate sleep and wake cycles. This hormone is a derivative of the neurotransmitter serotonin and the amino acid tryptophan. Guess what? Sluggish metabolisms tend to be hormonally imbalanced and make too little melatonin and it becomes a vicious cycle!
- How does it work? Melatonin’s role is as A SLEEP REGULATOR. Our bodies have their own internal clocks that help regulate the natural cycle of sleeping and waking hours (circadian rhythm) by controlling the production of melatonin. Usually, the levels of this hormone begin to rise in the mid- to late evening, remain high for most of the night, and then decline in the early morning hours.
- Why do we need to supplement with Melatonin? Because our natural production is greatly decreased and affected by lights and how we live, such as; light from TV’s (especially those left on at night), smart phones, computer screens and alarm clocks all inhibit melatonin production. You’ll notice the shorter days of the fall and winter months, Melatonin production may start earlier in the day. This change can lead to symptoms of winter depression, when some people feel more tired and they need more sleep.
The good news is................Melatonin can do more for you than just help you sleep! Melatonin gets you lean while you sleep it's also very good for your health. Here's why! Melatonin is the most powerful ANTIOXIDANT! In fact it's considered the best!
Did you know Melatonin plays a role in stimulating other antioxidants. That’s what makes it a truly unique antioxidant. It is considered more powerful than vitamins C, E and A, because it is soluble in both fat and water and can enter cells that vitamins cannot. Unlike other antioxidants Melatonin does not store in the body which is why it’s important to take every night!
I was using a nighttime sleep aid and it wasn't helping because it was causing cravings by elevating my blood sugar and I was feeling terrible when I woke up in the morning. I switched to the Lean Sleep and the cravings went away! PF
I was using a store bought brand of Melatonin and although it "helped", I did not sleep soundly through the night. I decided to try the LynFit Lean Sleep and I had the best nights sleep in a long long time! SV
BUY NOW & SAVE $5 and GET SOME SLEEP!! (Click HERE To Get Your Lean Sleep Today!)
The Anti-Stress-Flat ABS Solution
24 hours to a calmer, leaner you!
STRESS is the #1 cause for weight gain. When we are under stress we tend to eat what we want when we want, eat even when we are not hungry and that's the best way to gain weight.
Stress eaters are also emotional eaters and they consume twice as many sweet and high fat foods as the non-emotional eaters. One of the most important things to keep in mind when trying to reduce stress and stress eating is that FOOD IS NOT THE SOLUTION IT IS THE PROBLEM! When we eat under stressful conditions it impairs our digestion and almost always causes what we eat to be stored as fat!
The good news is that stress can BE GOOD for weight loss!
Most people think that stress causes fat to store around our stomachs and make us gain weight BUT... In fact the opposite is true! When we are under stress our bodies secrete a hormone called cortisol and cortisol is actually a very effective fat burning agent provided you aren't eating sugar!
Here are FIVE things you can do to STOP sugar cravings and decrease your stress!
1. JUST BREATHE! When we are stressed, we tend to hold our breath and that causes the fat storing hormones to rise and our stomachs to distend out and we want them flat!
Practice 4-7-8 breathing. Breathe in for 4 seconds. Hold for 7 seconds and breathe out for 8 seconds trying to slow down your breathing until you feel regulated and calm.
2. Still stressed? Regulate w/Oxytocin. I suggest 6 drops of Oxytocin under your tongue twice a day until you feel calm & relaxed for 2 weeks straight. Reducing your stress is the best thing you can do to fight aging! Need Oxytocin?
3. Whittle your waist with WHEY! Whey protein boosts our metabolism 25% and blocks cravings while keeping us feeling fuller longer. Don’t want a cold shake? Make Hot Chocolate. Need to crunch? Sprinkle it over popcorn! A little goes a long whey! LOL
*Look for a high quality Whey that has 25 grams of protein, no sugar and no fat. Be on the lookout for Whey shakes blended with inferior ingredients, they won’t work. HIGH QUALITY COUNTS when it comes to whey! Best source? LynFIT'S Complete protein!
4. Steer Clear of over strenuous workouts they are fattening! Workouts that decrease stress also help you lose MORE weight! Strenuous workouts ramp up cravings and our appetites and that’s never good for weight loss! Look for weight loss specific workouts. They should be weight lifting workouts that are 30-40 minutes in length (NOT LONGER) and they work the entire body in each session without resting! Need help? See LynFIT’s metabolic workout DVD!
5. Still stuck? This is where the right STACK of supplements can change everything. Supplementing can work miracles IF done correctly. Taking supplements that are a combination of fat burning agents always works better than taking single supplements because they are combined in the prefect combination and they will attack fat from every angle possible and are the most economical way to take supplements.
TOP THREE SUPPLEMENTS FOR LOSING AB FAT:
Accelerator with Raspberry Ketones mixed with Caffeine and Chocolate Bean powder,
Cutting Edge with L Carnitine mixed with Chromium and Choline
Carb Edge with White Kidney Bean Extract Guggul extract, Forskolin and Banaba leaf.