My Melanoma Miracle, Part 2: Lisa Lynn
As I spoke about in Part 1 of "My Melanoma Miracle", I had a melanoma removed from my left calf in January of this year (2014). It was only through the grace of God that I insisted on the mole being removed as it showed no signs of change in shape or size. Little did I know of the attack that was coming against my body from the inside out. But God knew and He led me with that still, small voice that I am convinced radically changed my life - for the better.
I told you in Part 1 that I wanted to talk about how honoring and respecting our bodies in a whole new way - Honoring God with your Bod - will not only change your body, but your whole life forever. But this way of thinking required a period of self-adjustment for me. A way of thinking, and acting, that was not instinctive. And it all began with my attitude.....
In January, 2014 when I had the melanoma removed from my left calf my thought process changed from worry to a "grateful to be alive" attitude. I now want to honor my body and respect it in a whole new way. This new phase of my "new" life includes more gratitude and self-love than ever before. I can hear some of you saying, "You Lisa? You struggle with the same everyday issues and problems that I face"? Absolutely! I'm human just like you and struggle the same way with the same issues that you do. I was also 40 pounds overweight at one time and know first-hand that seeing what's in the mirror takes longer to fix than just losing weight. This lack of confidence is a driving force to helping others and stop the suffering we all feel when we struggle with weight and all the outside, and inside, issues that go along with it.
Today I choose to honor God with my Bod. After all, He gave this body to me, and us. Don't I/we owe it to Him to take the best possible care of it that we can? What exactly does that mean?
I believe it's crucial to stay physically fit but we also need to be spiritually fit. Fitness begins on the inside as I talk about in my book, "The Metabolism Solution" - God and Your Bod. I'm going to say something that a lot of over-exercising (aka "exercise addicts") may not like, but please bear with me for a second. When you learn that you have a deadly disease everything changes - instantly. You no longer want to kill and torture yourself in the gym, which is what we feel we need to do as that is something we have "control" over. Our affliction or disease - not so much. Suddenly it's not about perfect thighs or weight. It's about being able to live to see your kids grow up!
Too often, the reason we "feel" we need to torture ourselves in the gym anyway is because we ate too much. Eating clean and exercising daily is the goal, not abusive types of workouts that leave us drained physically and emotionally. God is not pleased when we abuse our bodies - in any way. Every abusive action, thought or belief affects us in some way or another. It's critical that you are in touch with your inner self to learn what's driving you and your desires. Is it out of love? Out of fear? Here is a new way to begin thinking, if you don't already. It applies to your feelings and how you treat your body, and others as well:
1 Corinthians 13: 4-7
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
I can tell you with certainty, love never fails! Especially when it comes to changing your body.
I still face lots of questions today about "my future". And I'm sure you have questions about yourself and your future. That's why I want to share with you my "bullet proof" plan. Why do I call this time in my life "My Melanoma Miracle"? It's because I've seen first-hand that God can take a paralyzing fear and turn it into a faith so strong that nothing can stand against it. So, here are a few spiritual exercises that will strengthen your faith muscles and radically transform your body:
Form a Miracle Prayer Network/Group of at Least 8 People
Don't have one? I didn't either until now. This step is a necessity regardless of what you have to overcome. I chose to initially only share my story with people who I knew would lift me up daily, versus allowing me to stay stuck in fear and negativity. People I could trust would pray daily for me without being asked. Texting is a great way to send reminders daily. I send out a text message at 5am daily to my network to get the prayers going, and you know what - it works! Try it - you'll see. What have you got to lose?
By the way, if you find it hard to find those 8 people it just might be an indicator that you need to surround yourself with more positive people who really care - for you.
Get Off the Self-Pity Pot Squats
This is where I get stuck. I turned to my pastors and close prayer partners right away to help keep me off the pity party mentality. Pity parties don't work because they're usually attended by others of the same mentality that enable you to feel sorry for yourself and allow fear to gain a stronghold. Believe me, that's the last thing you want.
Stop Complaining and Start Praising
One of my all-time favorite preachers, Joyce Meyer, has a saying; "if you complain you will remain". Remember that love and gratitude never fails. Love wins every time and will make you feel better instantly. Gratitude shouldn't be an every-know-and-then occurrence. It should be a way of life, no matter what you face. Remember the old proverb, "I complained that I had no shoes, until I met someone who had no feet"? Can't think of anything to be grateful for? That's proof you're out of practice.
Exercise or Move Each Day - Your Life Depends On It
It's crucial to keep your body in working order by moving them each day to stop blood clots form forming and to detox. Yet if you're suffering from any disease, or you're not feeling good, remember that you do need to move moderately. Moderate exercise boosts immunity while over-exercising weakens it. There are plenty of exercises you can do when you're sick. Bottom line - do something.
If you need a workout be sure to check out my DVDs or the workout in my book. It's loaded with pictures and easy to follow. If you're chair-bound you can sit while doing almost all of the exercises.
Let Go and Let God, or Be Dragged Down
Whatever is bugging you - give it to God. Living in fear - no matter what you're facing is always full of stress. Even in those situations where you have no control you must stay faithful and keep you faith muscles strong so you can handle what may come your way. And the best way to strengthen the faith muscles........by bending your knees!
I hope that my sharing the past couple of weeks inspires you in a whole new way to take care of your body - inside and out. Never take your health for granted. That includes physical and spiritual as both need to be fed and maintained. Stay in touch with your yourself so you know what "normal" is.
I urge each of you to consider donating to the Yale Plastic Surgery and Melanoma Research Fund HERE. They are doing incredible research that will save lives. Please watch the video below to learn more.
But most of all.....
Stay Strong, Live Fearlessly, and God Bless You All!
Decide, Dream and Get Going: Janine's Story
I'd love to introduce you to Janine; a very special lady who overcame just about every obstacle imaginable to lose 85 pounds. Today, she is happier and more fit than she could have ever imagined. Her story is one of perseverance, physical and emotional growth. Here, in her own words, is Janine's weight loss and life changing lifestyle journey:
____________________________________________________________________"When I look at my picture and life before Lisa Lynn and LynFit I know the pain behind the eyes and the facade of a smile. That smile - you know it - the one we learn to put on, hiding behind it, and hoping others will not see the pain we keep inside. I was trapped in the labyrinth of wrongful thoughts about myself, letting life's abuses and hurts define me.
I had spent most of my life as a prisoner to those abuses and hurts, while at the same time keeping my own secrets well hidden. I was full of anger, self-loathing, condemnation and absolutely no self-esteem whatsoever. I was living my own "Groundhog Day". Every day a rerun of; "you'll never amount to anything", "never be good enough", "you can't do it" and "who do you think you are?" Even more disturbing; knowing that as a Christian I should believe I am accepted as God's own, made in His own image. But I had worked myself into the belief that I was not good enough with a list of self-imposed standards. Acceptance was not on my mind.
Unfortunately, obesity and my mindset were not my only issue. I suffered from a long list of conditions and ailments; resulting in limitations and having to pace myself in doing ordinarily simple daily household tasks. When I reached out to Lisa in an email I was at a point where I had lost all hope and my personal strength and courage was reserved for just getting out of bed. Lisa said, "Don't worry; all you have to do is decide". That day, that single day in so many days of utter hopelessness, I decided! Lisa spent time with me making changes to the food journals I would send her. In no time my stuck metabolism was moving. Finally, I found a sense of hope for my weight loss.
But, as everyday normal life would have it, I was still sabotaging myself, and though I was down 30 pounds, I hit rock bottom, on the inside. Oh the weight loss program was working alright - but I had yet to change the most important aspect of my life - how I felt about myself. I was continuing that same old pattern of turning to food to give myself 20 seconds of comfort. Those 20 seconds would lead to a limitless amount of guilt and a feeling of worthlessness. I think that's important to remember; physical fitness, weight loss, physical training, they're all wonderful and should be practiced and maintained. But it's who we are on the inside that eventually makes its way outward into our external existence. Like an addiction that comes back after a period of being clean, I would be in worse shape than I was initially. I again reached out to Lisa for help. This time, to work on me from "the inside out".
A cheerleader, mentor, mother, sister, listener and most importantly; a mender. All of those apply to Lisa. She cheered me on, she taught me the "how and what", she offered unsolicited advice, laughed with me and cried with me. But most of all, she allowed me the freedom to learn who I was and to love who I was, as God loves me. She bandaged a deeply wounded spirit with true Godly wisdom and a Christian spirit. She proved to me that I was worth it!
My life today is very different than what I described in the first couple of paragraphs. I have now lost 85 pounds; have a new hope, exuberant joy, and the peace that only a mended soul can bring. I am gluten-free, continue to eat right, work out almost every day between cardio, and lift weights.
Here are a few pointers that have helped me in my journey. They just may help you as well:
- Journal everything you eat. As Lisa says, "if you bite it, write it". This is extremely important if you're someone like me who eats her feelings. If you don't journal your bad eating moments then you'll never learn where or when your triggers are. And, I've learned from experience, if you reach out to Lisa for help the first thing she will ask you to do is to journal your food - no excuses.
- Have veggies out while cooking dinner. I learned that I was sampling much of the meal while preparing it and then turned right around and would eat a full meal. If you're going to snack while preparing a meal let it be on veggies instead.
- Prepare everything ahead of time (as much as possible). Have bags of veggies ready to grab every time you leave the house, even if you don't think you'll need them. You always drive by places that tempt you. Grab some veggies instead.
- Set out a container with the proper amount of water to consume for the day. It will constantly remind you. Also, have decaf green tea and lemons around for those times when you're getting bored and the hunger bug starts gnawing.
- Move every day no matter how you think and feel. Your body doesn't get a vote - it's not a democracy. I struggle with this but manage to do it anyway.
- Ask for help! Throw away the notion that you can do this by yourself or have the willpower within yourself - you don't! I had to learn that God was bigger than a bag of potato chips, block of cheese, latte, or whatever whim I was on that particular day. I couldn't learn that on my own. I had to reach out to others to help lead me through it.
- Talk with your family. I had to talk with my family, asking them to keep their comments positive. I had many aspects of my life to deal with and over time when the "high" of being on a program faded I needed all the family support I could get. You may find this the hardest part of your new lifestyle, especially after the initial thrust of your program. Let your support system help you deal with the natural emotions that occur or they may keep you from obtaining your ultimate success.
Lisa created an amazing program and it works! Don't try and reinvent the wheel and spend hours wondering why something does or doesn't work. She's already done that for you. I would encourage you to get her book, The Metabolism Solution, and change your life.
But above everything else, I would say - It's time to believe YOU are worth fighting for - So today, Decide, Dream and Get Going!"
I think Janine has touched on some real-life issues when it comes to a weight loss or fitness makeover. That is one of the reasons any success story you see here is real-life with real people and real results. Even the before and after photos are real. No Photoshop to make someone appear heavier. Real people who have obtained real results without surgery or professional training. Nope, these people did it at home simply by following the metabolic boosting plan found in The Metabolism Solution.
Prebiotics: Secret Ingredient That Helps Burn Belly Fat
Secret ingredient in LynFit Lean Bars boosts metabolism and helps burn abdominal and belly fat!
Even Dr. OZ agrees that prebiotics are one of the best weight loss trends and LynFit's Lean Bar is the only protein bar that uses prebiotic fiber.
Prebiotics are better than probiotics when it comes to weight loss and burning abdominal fat, according to researchers. The findings, published October 9th in the Journal of Functional Foods, suggest that prebiotic fiber may help prevent intestinal fat absorption and could be an effective weight loss tool.
"Normally we digest all the food and absorb all the calories", said study researcher Peter Jones of the University of Manitoba in Canada. "We think the prebiotic fiber interfered with the absorption of those calories, so that more calories went out the tailpipe and there were fewer calories to pack on abdominal fat."
What's the difference between prebiotics and probiotics?
Probiotics are live bacteria in yogurt, other dairy products and pills. And while probiotics have been shown effective in managing certain gastrointestinal conditions, they do not have the same power when it comes to weight loss that prebiotics do. First, probiotics are delicate. Heat and stomach acid can kill them, rendering them ineffective before they've even been digested. Also, those who don't eat dairy foods for taste or dietary reasons may find ingesting adequate amounts of probiotics difficult, if not impossible. You would need to overeat on yogurt in order to obtain the amount of probiotics needed to experience change.
Prebiotics (lsomalto-oligosaccarudes/inulin) is a specialized plant fiber that beneficially nourishes the good bacteria already in the large bowel or colon. The body itself does not digest these plant fibers; instead, the fibers act as a fertilizer to promote the growth of many of the good bacteria in the gut. These, in turn, provide many digestive and general health benefits. Prebiotics such as oligofructose enriched inulin (found in LynFit Lean Bars) can change a colon makeup from bad to good, which is favorable when you're trying to lose weight and kill cravings. Prebiotics produce many other health benefits, including boosting immunity.
Why is this so important for weight loss?
There are places within the wall of the stomach and small bowel where appetite hormones are made. These hormones then enter the blood stream and signal the brain. The one in the stomach signals hunger and gives us the desire to eat food. When the different hormone in the small bowel reaches the brain it signals fullness or satiety.
I don't know about you but I don't have a "kill switch" when it comes to hunger and I need all the help I can get. That's why I need to eat at least (1) LynFit Lean Bar every day as a preventative measure.
These prebiotic reduce the blood level of the hunger hormone. The prebiotic makes us less hungry and we all need that. The same prebiotics increase the fullness or satiety hormone so we feel full sooner. If you're trying to lose weight and you struggle with cravings the Lean Bar is the perfect snack.
When trying to lose weight you should eat at least (1) Lean Bar every day because they may:
- Favorably change the bacterial makeup of the colon
- Likely reduce the number of calories absorbed through the colon wall
- Decrease the level of the hunger hormones in the blood
- Increase the level of the satiety or fullness hormone in the blood
Prebiotics aid digestion and promote weight loss and an insufficient intake can lead to weight gain and digestive issues. Not to mention, Lean Bars are clean calories that boost metabolism rather than slowing it down. Lean Bars are low in calories, contain 10 grams of prebiotic fiber, extremely low fat and low in sugar.
Rather than wreck your diet like most protein bars will do, Lean Bars can actually cause you to lose weight. I challenge you to check the Lean Bar label against any protein bar out there and I guarantee you can't find a better tasting or cleaner, leaner bar.
That's what makes Lean Bars different from all of the rest of the bars out there. They are the cleanest protein bar, providing 20 grams of high quality complete whey protein, boosting your metabolism rather than slowing it down the way others will. If you're not eating at least (1) Lean Bar every day you're sabotaging (slowing) your weight loss.
While Lean Bars may seem expensive, it's because they are All-Natural, gluten-free, and actually cost less than the fancy coffees we all drink that cause us to gain weight. Lean Bars cost less than the average snack. Here's how they measure up:
- 20 grams of high biological protein
- 10 grams of fiber from a prebiotic source
- 2.5 grams of fat
- 2.5 grams of sugar
- 11 net carbs
Most commercially purchased protein bars are inexpensive because they are made with inexpensive ingredients. LynFit knows how important protein is when it comes to losing weight and boosting your metabolism. That's why we use the same high-grade, high biological value in the Lean Bar. This is critical when losing weight because it helps:
- Kill cravings and satisfies your sweet tooth
- Prevent blood sugar swings
- Protects and preserves lean muscle tissue
- Provides natural energy
- Keeps you feeling fuller longer
- As a meal replacement when you just need to chew (when you cannot make a LynFit Complete Protein Shake)
- As a delicious snack with a cup of tea to avoid the "not-so-healthy" foods
- After your workout to replenish protein and nourish your body
The best part about Lean Bars (besides being the cleanest bar on the market) is that they are portable and need no refrigeration. You should always have one stashed in your purse, gym bag or desk. "A Lean Bar a day keeps the excess pounds away"! Don't leave home without one. Lean Bars stay fresh for months and (if needed) you can refrigerate them so they keep longer. But remember, if you do refrigerate them, they can get very hard so soften them first before eating by keeping it in your pocket close to your skin or any warm place. No more excuses that you didn't have the right food available. That's what Lean Bars are for!
For a warm delicious treat, try warming up pieces of Lean Bar in the microwave for 15-30 seconds (depending on the watts) and enjoy metabolic boosting cookies (don't forget to remove the wrapper). My personal favorite is a Tahitian Vanilla Lean Bar with skinny hot chocolate (made with Complete Protein Shake mix) and 10 minutes of peace and quiet. For more delicious recipes stay tuned for my book release, The Metabolism Solution, due out by April 15th. But don't wait - preorder now on Amazon HERE, and please leave a review.
Lose 1 pound a day with the Lean Protein Bar diet:
- Eat between the hours of 8am and no later than 8pm
- Drink 8-10 (8) ounce glasses of water daily
- Be sure there are 3 hours between meals and snacks for proper digestion
- For proper food choices and serving sizes, please see the list HERE
The most important aspect of this weight loss plan is the sound nutrition that the Lean Bar and Complete Protein Shake deliver. If you need to start slow then that's where you should start. You can always add supplements in later and you'll still lose weight.
(1) LynFit Cutting Edge with a large glass of water or hot tea
(1) Strawberry Lean Bar and (1) Complete Protein Shake made with (1) scoop of powder (see suggestion above), hot tea or black coffee
Metabolic Boosting Supplements: (1) LynFit Carb Edge and (1) Cutting Edge
Huge tossed salad made with leafy greens, 1-2 servings of a warm vegetable, 3-4 ounces of fish (if you don't like fish, 2 ounces of chicken or 3 egg whites), large hot tea or water
Metabolic Boosting Supplements: (2) LynFit Raspberry Ketone Cleanse
Your LynFit Shopping List:
Detoxing Your Body With Natural Alternatives
Spring cleansing means detoxifying your body, mind and spirit. Detoxing is an ancient tradition and has been known to be an "extraordinary-mystical" experience. Jesus did it, Plato did it and so did Gandhi! They said it gave them clarity of thought and made them feel more peaceful and created vibrant health.
Detoxing your body is also the best way to slow down the aging process and jump start your weight loss. My first goal with every client is to get them to feel good so they have the energy to make lifestyle changes that will ultimately affect their weight loss and melt fat from their waistline.
How do you know if you need to detox? Here are the telltale signs that your body is begging you to detox:
- Bloated, feeling heavy, constipated or irritable bowel symptoms
- Depression, moodiness, lack of focus, can't concentrate
- Tired, lack of energy
- Muscle aches and pains
- Sleep problems
- Skin eruptions, eczema, nail or hair problems
- Sick often
- Hard to lose weight
I recommend certain proven techniques that help your body detox. Detoxing has always been the best way to recharge, rejuvenate, and renew. Anybody can benefit from a detox. The body is coming out of what might be called hibernation. It's a way you can jump-start your body and your weight loss for a more active life, and a healthier life.
There's a big difference between dieting and detoxing as the effects on the body are quite different.
ANCIENT TRADITION MEETS NEW-AGE NEEDS
A study of anthropology gives plenty of evidence. In Chinese medicine, fasting is part of preventative health care. For many ancient cultures, fasting helped people "lighten up" after a long winter, shedding the extra winter fat layer that provided warmth.
Our bodies naturally detoxify every day because detoxification is a normal body process of eliminating or neutralizing toxins through the colon, liver, kidneys, lungs, lymph glands, and skin. Our metabolic processes continuously dispose of accumulated toxic matter.
However, the environmental toxins of modern-day life - the pollutants, chemicals, other synthetic substances - are more than the average body can handle. Our bodies don't know what to do with foreign substances, so it will store them outside of the regular elimination system, so we don't get poisoned. Those poisons start building up in our body fat.
If you feel "congested" from too much food - or the wrong kinds of food - you may want to detoxify. If your energy level is low, if you have been taking many medications that have not been eliminated from your system, even a simple weekend detox may help you feel better fast so that you crave eating healthy and exercising. Not to mention how focused and peaceful you'll feel. (For more information on a total Metabolic Cleanse, click HERE)
Here are FIVE safe, natural alternatives that make detoxing easier:
- Start by knowing your numbers. If you're not feeling well it helps to know why. That's why I'm suggesting that you know your numbers. Not your weight or body fat, but rather your Omega-3 levels. We've all heard that Omega-3's are the secret to optimal health as they help lower total cholesterol, ease inflammation, increase energy and boost mood as well as benefiting your nails and hair. But what you might not know is that your Omega-3 levels may actually be hurting you. I suggest that every client start out by taking this highly accurate simple home test that will provide you with your ratio of Omega-3 and Omega-6 (results in 2 weeks) which is the key to detoxing your body. When we feel better and ache less you won't need toxic drugs to ease symptoms. I searched and found the best deal for you to get 2 kits for the price of 1 by clicking HERE. Be sure to sign up for their 100 days of heart health while you're there.
- Kick constipation/IBS naturally with fiber. I suggest mixing Sunfiber every morning in your LynFit Complete Protein Shake along with a ½ cup of raspberries to reach your daily fiber quota. What makes Sunfiber totally unique is that it's the only fiber that's truly invisible (no taste and no gritty texture). What I love most about Sunfiber is that it will not impede with protein digestion. Sunfiber will also help improve the growth of beneficial gut bacteria and it dissolves fast!
Lisa Tip: If you suffer from constipation or IBS symptoms, in addition to mixing Sunfiber every morning with your Complete Protein Shake, take the LynFit Raspberry Ketone Cleanse at dinner for the best results.
- Ease joint aches and pains naturally with antioxidants and other pain fighting ingredients while detoxing. Joint aches, arthritis and headaches are the #1 complaint I hear every day that keep people from eating healthy and exercising. You can bet I take this very seriously. There are natural alternatives such as LynFit Recovery Agent that provide fast relief without rebound pain or side effects. You can help your body recover naturally with proven ingredients such as Glucosamine, L-Glutamine, Curcumin and Bromelain, to name a few, and all contained in LynFit Recovery Agent. It helps repair damaged tissue, enhances immunity and speeds healing while inhibiting joint inflammation.
- Food is always your best medicine so choose organic whenever possible and aim to eat more green vegetables versus fruits as fruit can also raise blood sugar levels. Elevated blood sugar contributes to intense cravings, moodiness and fatigue. You really are what you eat so focus on eating 10 vegetables daily and lean, clean white fish with lots of fresh water. I recommend drinking at least 4 cups of green tea daily or hot water with lemon to help your body eliminate toxins that make you feel so bad.
Getting lean and staying healthy is about eating right and staying active so be sure to get some exercise every day. Your body will thank you and your weight loss will be enhanced when you use safe, natural alternatives whenever possible.
Drop 7 Pounds In 7 Days With A Metabolic Boosting Cleanse
I don't know about you, but I crave a cleanse after I have eaten "off plan". I don't feel good when I'm not eating right or getting enough sleep. I feel tired all the time, my cravings run my life, and I feel fat and fluffy.
I know the solution is to detox my body from all of the damage that I caused it. But I should warn you, not all cleanses are good for weight loss. In fact, most of the cleanses you see advertised actually slow down your metabolism. Did you know that juicing slows your metabolism? Juicing is great for alkalizing your body because you consume your vegetables, but it also causes hikes in blood sugar that affect your weight loss and prevent you from burning fat.
The reason cleanses are so good for us is that they make us feel re-energized. Not to mention, they reboot our metabolism when done right. We also begin eating better so we feel better right away. But that's not all that cleanses are good for. Cleansing is the best way to improve your health and jump start our weight loss plan because they are alkalizing our bodies. If our bodies are too acidic we get sick often, feel tired all the time, and struggle with weight loss. Not to mention we can't lose that stubborn fat.
All of LynFit's plans are alkalizing so they not only boost your metabolism and cause you to lose weight, but they also create vibrant health. You'll not only look better, you'll feel the best you have felt in years and your aches and pains will even subside, so you'll want to exercise!
What makes our bodies too acidic? Eating too many sweets and processed foods, meats (including chicken) and not getting enough sleep or rest.
Cleansing facts that you need to know:
We eat from Thanksgiving to New Year's and go all out like there is no tomorrow and we think we can cleanse for 1 week to fix the damage - NOT! I suggest cleansing for 30 days following a Metabolic Boosting Cleanse and allowing yourself to go off 1-2 meals per week (after 7-10 days). Keep your cheat meal light, clean and simple so you don't wreck all of your hard work. Your digestive system needs to be treated with TLC for the best health results. I usually have a fish meal made with lemon and white wine and a salad with veggies, and then frozen yogurt for dessert as my cheat meal. That's enough to make me crave going back on my cleanse.
- Our brains bathe and reboot when we sleep and if we don't sleep well enough or get enough zzz's our bodies can't reboot.
- Juicing/Drinking juices (especially if they are pre-made vs. fresh) can slow down your metabolism. When we juice on mega doses of vegetables that are raw they can affect and slow your thyroid. Eat steamed vegetables instead that won't slow your thyroid.
- Blending large amounts of vegetables, especially if you fruit can cause blood sugar levels to skyrocket and that's always counter-productive for losing weight and burning fat.
- Not getting enough clean, lean protein while cleansing can cause your body to break down muscle tissue and that causes your metabolism to slow down. Clean, lean proteins such as LynFit Complete Protein Shake and white fish are the best and only sources you should rely on while cleansing.
- Not eating to boost your metabolism slows down your metabolism. That doesn't mean you need to eat a lot, but you have to eat right.
- Not cleansing long enough. A good cleanse should be followed for at least 21 days to break bad habits and create new good ones.
How do you cleanse your body to boost your metabolism? Follow a Metabolic Boosting Cleanse and add the following tips to maximize your results:
- Take the LynFit Daily Power Shot first thing in the morning to bathe your body with vital nutrients that will provide the energy you need.
- Perform the Metabolic Booster or Fat Blaster workout at 50% intensity and do the Recovery Stretch every other day. STOP all other activities except walking or indoor biking.
- Drink you LynFit Complete Protein Shake or LynFit Lean Bar after your morning workout. Not working out in the morning? Start now! Even 15 minutes will make a difference.
- Drink at least 4 cups of green tea daily or warm water with lemon, as well as lots of fresh water; instead of coffee.
- Take LynFit Pure Omega-3 at 3pm to keep cravings in check and bathe your body with good fats for optimal health.
- Take the LynFit Raspberry Ketone Cleanse every day at 5pm with your dinner. If constipated, use more to get your bowels working.
- Take LynFit Lean Sleep 30 minutes before bed to enhance sleep. Sleep and rest are critical while cleansing. It's when our brains bathe themselves and our bodies restore themselves.
- Don't eat in between meals. Let yourself get hungry and fill up with tea, hot water with lemon or fresh water. You're supposed to be drinking 8 glasses a day. Tea counts toward your water quota as long as it's black.
- Eat steamed vegetables for dinner and every other night have white fish.
Cleansing is THE BEST way to jump-start your fat loss when you do it right. This is a great time to pick up some new habits that will change your life for the better. After all, cleansing is more than just detoxing the body. We should also be thinking about ways we can improve our lives, and our health! Recruit your mother, husband and kids and do it together as family. Even the pets can benefit!
Need some LynSpiration? Meditate daily, early in the morning or immediately after you exercise by lying flat on your back and focusing on your breathing, slowly exhaling out your stress (guys, this is especially important for you) and focus on anything that makes you smile.
Here's a bonus recipe for you to use during your cleanse; the Alkalinity Shake. Simply add the following ingredients to your blender while making your shake. Even if you hate vegetables you'll love this. You won't even know they're in there.
Directions: Wash and prep ingredients. Add to blender and blend away!
Serves 2 (that way you already have your lunch shake prepared)
(1) cup water or black coffee (coffee is loaded with antioxidants)
(4) scoops of your favorite flavor LynFit Complete Protein Shake (results are not guaranteed when using other shakes as they are loaded with inferior protein and sugar)
(1) large cucumber
(1) fistful of kale
(2-3) stalks of celery
(1) big broccoli stem
(1/2) peeled lemon
Scared you won't like the veggies in your shake? Start slow and try one new veggie each day. Most people love kale, cucumber and spinach because they are so mild tasting.
Get ready for the detox of your life. I'll warn you upfront - it's addicting!
Drop 10 Pounds By Christmas!
So, you overate on Thanksgiving! Well, YOU'RE NOT ALONE! But don't worry; you can fix it just in time for the next holiday. Picture this; YOU.....down 10 pounds and looking fabulous and feeling awesome.
You have more power to change your weight than you think. You can do it when you do these 2 critical things that make losing weight faster and easier than any plan out there. These 2 things will boost your metabolism so you burn off more calories even while you're resting. The best part? It's guaranteed to work if you do it!
The Metabolic Workout, found on the LynFit Leaner Lifestyle DVD, combined with the Metabolic Boosting meal plan found in the LynFit Fitness and Nutrition Guide, take you step-by-step through the simple process of losing weight. While most fitness programs take forever to begin working, the Metabolic Boosting Meal Plan and workout is designed to work right away, keeping you motivated and on track because you see results the first day! The Metabolic Boosting program is a breakthrough body-transforming program that will help you lose 1 pound a day, break through plateaus, and tighten your body with (3) 30-minute workouts per week. You'll see and feel the results that same day and you'll look and feel awesome!
Injured? Bad knees? Don't worry! You can modify all the moves. There really is no excuse because diet is 80% of your success.
The Metabolic Boosting Program will help you:
- Lose belly fat
- Shrink your hips and thighs
- Tone your arms and legs without adding bulk
- Lose 1 pound per day
What is a Metabolic Boosting Workout? It's a combination of strength training (forget the girlie weights) done in a "metabolic" fashion, performed 3 times per week while replacing 2 meals per day with a LynFit Complete Protein Shake or LynFit Lean Bar.
NOTE: Results are only guaranteed using LynFit products, as other store-bought brands are not as clean as LynFit and won't have the same weight loss affect.
I have been using these techniques for over 25 years and helped thousands of women just like you to lose weight and change their bodies forever. Women have been taught to use light weights, yet their purses they walk around with all day weigh 8-10 pounds! Using a heavier weight and doing less sets is the secret to tightening without bulking and Metabolic Boosting workouts focus on lean, pretty muscles so you won't bulk up. By using a pair of dumbbells that actually challenge your body, you'll burn more calories even after you're finished exercising. You'll be in the best shape of your life and YOU LIVE LEAN FOR LIFE!
This 80/20 (diet is 80% of your success and exercise is 20%) combination works every time, especially for those who struggle to lose weight or are stuck in a weight loss plateau. This combination is perfect for all of you who overate and need a quick fix to straighten out the damage before you gain more weight.
Here's tools you'll need to get started:
Are you ready? Now it's your turn to lose 10 pounds in 10 days and transform your body faster than ever!
- Lisa Lynn
- Tags: accelerator appetite Belly Fat body fat cortisol cravings exercise fat-burner fitness holiday Holidays lean bars lisa lynn Lose 10 lbs metabolic cleanse Metabolism Nutrition Over-eating Phase 2 protein shake Raspberry ketones Slimmer snacks Waistline Weight Loss white kidney bean extract Women's Health
You Are Stronger Than Cancer!
I have learned the MOST important life lessons while working with cancer survivors and their families. Those lessons have taught me to appreciate my body because it carries me through my life every day. Instead of always complaining "it's not perfect", I am reminded how cancer survivors tell me you don't know how blessed you are until "that moment" arrives and your whole world changes, forever.
Cancer survivors always come in excited to work out because they GET TO WORK OUT! I don't see the usual "I don't want to", or "I don't have time." They are happy to feel good enough to get through their workouts and every one of them has said, "I wish I knew how much a difference taking care of my body was before I was sick."
The Big C, no scratch that, the little "c", survivors have changed my life for the better because they have taught me to NOT put off living and to live each day like it's my last. Finding JOY in everything I do, including working out and eating healthy and never going to bed mad; always telling those closest to me "I love you!"
LynFit is all about balance and learning how to live "in" balance. There is a very good reason for that. Living out of balance causes our bodies stress and stress is responsible for 90% of all illness. So before you go abusing yourself with some insane workout or diet plan that's going to cause your body and life more harm than good, ask yourself this; "would I suggest this to my kids or someone I adore?" If not, why are you beating yourself up that way? It's not necessary. You'll get better results doing it from a place of love vs. desperation or not loving yourself!
This month, being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, is all about Hope and Belief. I want to personally let you know that you're stronger than you think and you're stronger than cancer! Cancer may take your hair. It may take your strength. It may even take away precious time with loved ones. But I am here to tell you, IT CANNOT TAKE YOUR SOUL!
Here are 4 "bad habits" to stay away from when you are faced with the worst news:
- Did you know that drinking more than 4 alcoholic drinks per week increases your cancer risk? If you drink more than this I urge you to seek help right away. Don't wait until you're sick.
- Carrying excess weight in your midsection increases your risk of disease because it's a sign that your blood sugar is too high. Belly fat elevates harmful hormones as well and is your body's way of letting you know you're eating too many processed carbs. Anything you eat "out of a box"; including protein bars, sports beverages and excessive fruits and juices can elevate carbs in your body. "Sugar waters" like soy, almond or coconut, milks and creamers are hidden sources of sugar hiding under the health halo. *WARNING: If you're juicing and using lots of fruits this also elevates blood sugar levels and cancer feeds off sugar! Feeding the cancer is the last thing you want to do!
- Stop soy products! This is the first thing an oncologist will tell you. Check labels on everything, including and especially, on health foods! Most diet companies add this to their shakes and weight loss products because it's cheap. LynFit fights back by helping you live leaner lives and by NOT adding soy to its Protein Bar or Shakes!
- No smoking! Enough said!
Here are 4 "best habits" to help fight this intruder in your body:
- Lifting weights 2 times weekly, especially if you're undergoing treatment, can strengthen the bones and offset side effects from chemo. Continue doing this even after your treatments.
- Remember to get enough rest. Your body knows when it needs rest and it will tell you - listen to your body.
- Mama was right; eat your veggies every day!
- And, here's the big one - No matter where you might be in the process DO NOT BE PATIENT! Fight cancer with a sense of urgency. Fight with everything you have in you because you are fighting the battle of your life. And just when you feel you have no more strength left to fight, let go and let God. Let Him do the heavy lifting for you because God really does love you, and so do I!
What Your Body Is Telling You When It Aches
"ITIS" means it's coming from inflammation. Whether it's sinusitis, tendonitis, bursitis, arthritis, or fibromyalgia, your body is telling you it needs additional nutrients to heal. Believe it or not, pain is positive as it's your body's way of saying "you're not taking care of me!" As we age or overdo it, our bodies require very specific nutrients daily, and lots of them, to get the job done. This makes your diet and supplement program more important than ever!
But what you may not know is that all of those over-the-counter pain meds (especially prescriptions meds) may be part of the reason you ache. Not to mention, they slow down your metabolism. Pain medications block the healing process, versus helping it and may cause rebound pain. Now, I'm not suggesting that you stop cold turkey. But I am suggesting that you begin treating your pain with a more natural holistic approach. This approach will make you feel better fast and save you time and money!
Here are SIX things your body is telling you when it hurts:
- GET UP and MOVE Every day to help remove toxins and bring fresh blood into the area! Don't repeat the same activity that hurt you. Stretching, gentle walking or indoor bicycling works wonders. Do LynFit's Recovery and stretch daily at the pace that feels right for your body.
- DRINK MORE WATER than you think you need. Our bodies need 8-10 glasses of water daily but when we ached we require more to help flush the toxins out. Drink more water and sip hot tea with lemon to help with the emotional side of joint pain and promote faster healing. Aim for 12 glasses of water daily and try floating a lemon or lime wedge in your water to add flavor and make you crave it. You'll drink more.
- Take Pure Omega 3 daily even if you eat salmon 2 times a week! Did you know that taking Omega 3 every day can alleviate joint pain and soreness? LynFit's Pure Omega 3 is unlike any other you can buy at a store because it's purified to remove contaminants that cause joint pain and is always free of saturated fats found in less expensive brands! Now you know why the store-bought brands are so cheap and I gotta tell you that these benefits can only be seen when the right amounts of EPA and DHA are present. You need at least 600mg of EPA and DHA to get these benefits! As you can see HERE, LynFit's Pure Omega meets and or exceeds those levels! When taking LynFit's Pure Omega you'll see and feel the results within 2 weeks!
- DUMP the olive oil. Eating too much olive oil can actually exacerbate joint pain because it contains Omega 6 which decreases your helpful Omega 3, causing joint pain. The only essential fat we are deficient in is Omega 3. So drop all other fats such as olive oil, flax, avocados, nuts and seeds, as they all contribute to weight gain and more joint pain. Even essential fats cause weight gain and add to our waistlines and need to be reduced!
- LOSE WEIGHT drinking a Complete Protein Shake! Losing 5-10 pounds can make a world of difference when it comes to joint pain and getting relief! When we lose weight we release a pressure valve that relieves body pains almost instantly. Every extra pound increases the load on your joints three to five times, so you you're increasing your pain and risk of developing osteoporosis many times being overweight. Lose weight fast be drinking a Complete Protein Shake daily for breakfast to BLOCK pain causing cortisol from rising. Nourish your body with every amino acid it needs for healing and repair.
- BLOCK Carbs and Sugar! High blood sugar levels cause pain to elevate! Following the Slimmer By Dinner Meal Plan keeps blood sugar levels low. That's why it helps you lose weight fast. What else can you do if your blood sugar levels are high? It's also helpful to take (1) Carb Edge before meals, especially the "NOT SO GOOD" ones. Clinical research show it BLOCKS 65% of unwanted carbs from being digested, so they aren't absorbed and they don't raise blood sugar levels. Carb Edge quickly lowers blood sugar levels that contribute to joint pain and will also help you conquer cravings!
If you are one of those people who suffer with daily aches and pains you may want to add LynFit's Recovery Agent as a daily defense. Recovery Agent is a multivitamin and joint healing supplements wrapped into one!