10 Simple Ways To Use Complete Protein To Increase Metabolism And Bust Fat August 20 2014
How do you get more protein and more of the right protein? Protein shakes. No, not those shakes you can buy in any convenience store as meal replacements, but sugar-free, high-grade, filler-free, lean protein.
Models, celebrities, professional athletes - they all have one thing in common - they drink protein shakes as meal replacements. They all know how hard it is to lose weight and rid their bodies of excess fat, and they know the value of a nutritious tool that makes their lives easier and is more cost-effective than focusing on specialty diet food.
So what is this sugar-free, high-grade, filler-free, lean protein? Whey. Whey is a complete protein, containing all 29 amino acids and all 9 essential amino acids the body needs. It helps in muscle recovery and is widely considered to be the highest quality natural protein.
But not all whey is created equal. The whey used in the protein shakes favored by body builders who are looking to bulk up contains fat and lactose. Micro-filtered, high quality whey, which removes most of these two ingredients and is found in my own LynFit Complete Protein, is the fat-busting protein of choice. I use whey concentrate in my protein powder.
In fact, researchers at Syracuse University found that:
- Drinking a high quality whey, clean protein shake before your workout speeds fat loss
- People who drank a clean, low carb whey protein shake daily had higher metabolic rates
- Drinking a clean whey protein shake that provided adequate protein helped to lower the stress hormone cortisol, boosting metabolism
- Overeating dampens your dopamine response while drinking a clean protein shake combats this
So, other than drinking a protein shake, how can you use this high quality whey to help you speed up your metabolism and bust that fat? Here are 10 simple ways to use your Complete Protein:
1. Drink one immediately after a workout to nourish your muscles
2. Add 1 tablespoon to your morning coffee instead of milk
3. Try 1 - 2 scoops in your morning oatmeal
4. Put Complete Protein in your favorite baked goods
5. Add 1 tablespoon to yogurt or cottage cheese
6. Enjoy as hot chocolate or a light latte
7. Sprinkle on top of fruit or dunk your fruit right into a pile of powder
8. Add 1 tablespoon to your Jell-O mold
9. Make popsicles by freezing already-made shakes
10. Sprinkle on top of popcorn
For more information about Complete Protein and delicious Protein Shake recipes make sure to read my book, "The Metabolism Solution". And if you don't own a blender - no worries - it's "spoon-stirable".