Recipe: Strawberry Chocolate Clafoutis
This is an easy French dessert you can use with just about any kind of fruit. Of course, I leaned it out and cleaned it up because I don’t like skimpy portions. This cleaner recipe allows me to indulge without guilt and it's good for the body and irresistibly delicious. Even my fussy teen loves it when it’s hot out of the oven with a dollop of "Faux Yo" Yogurt on top!
- (1/3 cup) Premade Melt Fat Vanilla Milk (Vanilla adds a little sweetness than chocolate ) Melt Fat Milk: (1/3 cup) Cold water mixed with (2 scoops) LynFit Complete Protein Shake
- (½ cup) Strawberries sliced or diced (I use frozen, pre-thawed by leaving out)
- (2 tbsp.) LynFit Egg White Protein Powder mixed with (2 tbsp. water stirred until blended) *You can try substituting with 2 egg whites but it may not taste as good.
- (1 scoop or 1 tbsp.) LynFit Complete Protein Shake (Chocolate or Vanilla)
- (1 heaping scoop) LynFit Sinful Chocolate Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Stir above ingredients (not strawberries) until combined (add strawberries last to avoid mushing them)
- Spray a loaf pan or Ramiken with spray Pam and pour blended ingredients into it (I like glass for this)
- Bake 15 minutes (if using a loaf pan, 5-7 minutes for Ramikens), keeping an eye on it so you don’t overlook it. This is a very lean and clean recipe, so this can happen fast and it will become spongy. I purposely undercook mine just a bit to avoid this.
I love to dust it with Sinful Chocolate Sauce and Vanilla Dream Protein Powder (versus powdered sugar) and add heated berries dripped on top.
Enjoy hot out of the oven or cold. WARNING you won't have any left!
- Lisa Lynn