News, Recipes & Workouts — anxiety
The Lean Sleep Secret
If your metabolism is DEAD, you’re storing fat around your mid-section and live in a chronic state of exhaustion; lack of sleep may be your problem! I have battled with my weight and depression my whole life and that caused my cravings for sugar and carbs to spiral out of control. I have learned that I NEED my sleep. In fact, I revolve my life around going to bed on time because I feel that much better when I wake up. The problem is that I can’t always sleep or I fall asleep but wake up a lot during the night. I began taking over the counter sleep aids but that only made me feel worse. I began waking up feeling groggy, bloated and felt like I was gaining weight by the day. I decided to go to the health food store to buy something all natural. Little did I know that just because it's 100% natural does not mean it won’t slow my metabolism down. I have one of THE slowest metabolisms and I didn't want to make it any slower!
This is part of my story and why I study metabolic syndrome aka; dead metabolisms for at least 1 hour every day and decided to create my own line of supplements that were high quality, clean & pure so they enhance your metabolism versus slow it down the way most commercially bought supplements and over the counter medications can.
There are so many different things we do daily that slow our already sluggish metabolisms. Supplements & medications are some of the worst offenders! Sleep aids, anti-anxiety medications and anything that SLOWS down our bodies processes will slow down our metabolism! DON'T STOP taking them if you are under the care of your doctor BUT begin trying to ween off them by adopting a healthier lifestyle. In the meantime, you can ease your symptoms with a better alternative that boosts your metabolism and improves your health!
Take a curious look into your medicine cabinet and look for the words "ANTI" . Any time you see the word "ANTI", you’re most likely slowing down your metabolism!
Here is the secret about
sleep that no one talks about yet is at the core of your cravings. Here is why not sleeping makes us store
fat especially around our stomachs hips and thighs not to
- Crave sugar and carbs to pick us up/energize us
- Raise blood sugar levels
- Are tired/lack energy to workout
- Causes hormone imbalances
- Lowers your immune response - GET SICK easily
Anxiety caused by fatigue is THE top REASON WE CAN’T CONTROL what we eat. The best way to deal with chronic over eating, cravings and BELLY fat is to improve your sleep! Improving my sleep has made a huge difference for me. I wake up feeling better so I want to exercise!
Did you know that it's when we sleep that all of the magic occurs for weight loss? During the deep sleep our systems heal & repair, blood sugar levels decline and our systems reset & reboot themselves. Most people think this happens in the gym, but it’s when we sleep deeply that our bodies perform these miracles. Prioritize your sleep the way you prioritize your workouts (you are doing that right?)
How do you know if you’re sleeping enough to affect your metabolism? Seven hours of sleep is best for your metabolism and it’s better if you sleep deeply for your system to be prompted to reboot.
Here's what the earth-shattering new research has revealed, and why lack of sleep could be stalling your ability to lose weight and keep it off:
- We are more likely to experience major weight gain (defined as 11 pounds or more)
- We are more likely to struggle with depression and anxiety
- When we sleep less, we burn less - General energy expenditure was 5 percent less than it is when you get a good night's sleep, and after our meals we burn 20 percent less calories.
Imagine how much weight you’ll gain if you over eat fat storing foods like carbs and sugar combined with the 20% reduction in caloric burn? That’s an easy weight gain and belly fat prescription!
- Sleep less, eat more – People who got only 5-6 hours of sleep at night ate 350-500 additional calories the next day.
- Sleep less, crave more. This is probably the biggest revelation about the connection between sleep and weight loss—and the biggest challenge for you if you're not getting at least 7 solid hours of sleep each night. Sleeping too little impacts your hormone levels. Lack of sleep impacts them so much that it’s being blamed for the number one reason we eat out of control, crave and can’t stick to a diet.
- Insufficient sleep raises the levels of ghrelin, the hormone that tells you to eat. When it comes to weight gain and loss, this hormone plays a leading role.
Ghrelin's job is to boost your appetite, increase fat production, and make your body grow—all of which are fine things if you're a lanky 12-year-old. But as you get older, Ghrelin's effects can seem pretty darned undesirable. It's a cinch to figure out why this hormone is the last thing a dieter needs to have circulating in excess.
I bet you’re wondering, if we are so tired why can’t we sleep? Sometimes it's just how we are hard wired or maybe your life has been so stressful that you’re chronically over stimulated causing you to live in the high cortisol environment, causing you to store fat and gain weight. Even positive stress like over exercising or happy events can affect our hormones and stimulate cortisol. This is why living a lean Lifestyle is crucial for long term health and weight loss.
Reasons we can’t sleep:
- Lack of Melatonin – Natural Melatonin levels decline gradually after the age of thirty. Some of us produce very small amounts of it or none at all. This is why, if you are over the age of 30, you need to supplement with Melatonin daily!
- What is melatonin you ask? Melatonin is a hormone secreted by the pineal gland located at the base of the brain that helps regulate sleep and wake cycles. This hormone is a derivative of the neurotransmitter serotonin and the amino acid tryptophan. Guess what? Sluggish metabolisms tend to be hormonally imbalanced and make too little melatonin and it becomes a vicious cycle!
- How does it work? Melatonin’s role is as A SLEEP REGULATOR. Our bodies have their own internal clocks that help regulate the natural cycle of sleeping and waking hours (circadian rhythm) by controlling the production of melatonin. Usually, the levels of this hormone begin to rise in the mid- to late evening, remain high for most of the night, and then decline in the early morning hours.
- Why do we need to supplement with Melatonin? Because our natural production is greatly decreased and affected by lights and how we live, such as; light from TV’s (especially those left on at night), smart phones, computer screens and alarm clocks all inhibit melatonin production. You’ll notice the shorter days of the fall and winter months, Melatonin production may start earlier in the day. This change can lead to symptoms of winter depression, when some people feel more tired and they need more sleep.
The good news is................Melatonin can do more for you than just help you sleep! Melatonin gets you lean while you sleep it's also very good for your health. Here's why! Melatonin is the most powerful ANTIOXIDANT! In fact it's considered the best!
Did you know Melatonin plays a role in stimulating other antioxidants. That’s what makes it a truly unique antioxidant. It is considered more powerful than vitamins C, E and A, because it is soluble in both fat and water and can enter cells that vitamins cannot. Unlike other antioxidants Melatonin does not store in the body which is why it’s important to take every night!
I was using a nighttime sleep aid and it wasn't helping because it was causing cravings by elevating my blood sugar and I was feeling terrible when I woke up in the morning. I switched to the Lean Sleep and the cravings went away! PF
I was using a store bought brand of Melatonin and although it "helped", I did not sleep soundly through the night. I decided to try the LynFit Lean Sleep and I had the best nights sleep in a long long time! SV
BUY NOW & SAVE $5 and GET SOME SLEEP!! (Click HERE To Get Your Lean Sleep Today!)
FROM THE HEART
Every day people ask me… were you ever fat? Ha, that's a funny question to me because I came from a very inactive family who did not take part in anything active. My family watched NASCAR races and if you have ever been to a race you know there isn't a healthy food in sight! It's french fries ,beer and hot dogs and you sit through the whole 3-4 hour race! I was plump already and as I became a teen I just kept growing! I lived for food and when life got tough I ate my way through the pain! Eating my feelings made things worse.
I also learned that I was anxious and that made me eat...My hunger had nothing to do with real hunger but rather a dysfunctional way to suppress my feelings and that I had to learn how to give myself permission to feel my feelings and process them because they don't go away. In fact, if you eat to suppress your feelings it makes things worse because you have the guilt from eating to deal with now!
I also learned to find something to be grateful for everyday because it makes you feel better and that makes you want to work out and eat right!
I learned that food is part of the problem NOT the solution and that when your
food is in order your whole life will be I order!
I take oxytocin now if I feel anxious and that allows me to navigate my way through the uncomfortable stuff and that allows me to walk away from food and lose weight.
I say this simple Serenity Prayer when I feel stressed
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference!
I urge you to bring God into your weight loss by asking him for help or better yet scream HELP!!!! He will give you what you need to overcome the obstacles in your life and if you’re too tired he will carry you through!
Here are some questions that I was asked when I appeared on Trinity Broadcast Network
Q- Carman - Did you believe that you could lose weight?
A- Lisa Lynn- No!! I did not think I would lose weight. I thought that weight loss was for everyone else but not for me. Being "stocky" and " bulky" translation....over weight was how I would live for the rest of my life even though I was in charge of makeover groups that performed body makeovers in as little as 2 weeks! I helped everyone lose weight and reach their goals but it just wasn't happening for me! My metabolism was dead and now I know that’s why everyone else lost weight while I gained it! My struggles inspired me to figure out how to finally lose weight in spite of my under active thyroid and dead metabolism.
Q- Carman - What changes have you made that helped you lose weight with an under active thyroid and sluggish metabolism?
A- Lisa Lynn I learned that I need to eat more protein and that's why I drink a protein shake every day for breakfast. It boosts my metabolism, whereas, the cereal I was eating made me crave carbs even more and was causing my insulin to spike stopping my fat loss instantly!
Q– Carman - You mentioned that you have a serious sweet tooth and that you fight with food all of the time. Is that true?
A- Lisa Lynn Yes and I'm not proud of that at all! It's been the single most frustrating thing in
my life. I crave sweets all the time
(not anymore since I eat Lean Bars and drink the Complete protein shake ) and
once I start eating them I can't stop!!! Let’s be honest.... it's a binge and
it is very depressing to be this way.
Everything turned around for me the day I started a system that required me to focus on protein and vegetables and exercising daily and no more bread, cereal, rice, pasta, crackers or high carb protein bars BUT I don’t miss them because I feel so much happier and leaner!
The program relied on supplements that helped stop cravings, increased my energy and alleviated my depression and for the first time in my life I felt happy and like I wanted to lose weight! That also meant that losing weight might be possible for me!
I began weighing and measuring my food and writing everything down that went into my mouth and I had to decrease my exercise program as I was exercising very intensely to over-compensate for all of the food I was eating . I even tried being vegan to control my weight and I actually grew larger!!!!! Immediately I lost weight and that's what inspired me to create my Leaner Lifestyle System! I wanted to share my findings with the world and make losing weight a lasting reality.
Click on the link to Trinity Broadcast Network (TBN) below and watch the clip which
tells more about my story and what
motivated me to dig deeper and deal with what was missing inside that was
stopping me from losing weight and feeling at peace with my body. I hope this
glimpse inside on what motivated me to lose weight inspires you to do the same!
- Lisa Lynn
- Tags: anxiety cravings Food Addiction lisa lynn Metabolism stress TBN Weight Loss
The Anti-Stress-Flat ABS Solution
24 hours to a calmer, leaner you!
STRESS is the #1 cause for weight gain. When we are under stress we tend to eat what we want when we want, eat even when we are not hungry and that's the best way to gain weight.
Stress eaters are also emotional eaters and they consume twice as many sweet and high fat foods as the non-emotional eaters. One of the most important things to keep in mind when trying to reduce stress and stress eating is that FOOD IS NOT THE SOLUTION IT IS THE PROBLEM! When we eat under stressful conditions it impairs our digestion and almost always causes what we eat to be stored as fat!
The good news is that stress can BE GOOD for weight loss!
Most people think that stress causes fat to store around our stomachs and make us gain weight BUT... In fact the opposite is true! When we are under stress our bodies secrete a hormone called cortisol and cortisol is actually a very effective fat burning agent provided you aren't eating sugar!
Here are FIVE things you can do to STOP sugar cravings and decrease your stress!
1. JUST BREATHE! When we are stressed, we tend to hold our breath and that causes the fat storing hormones to rise and our stomachs to distend out and we want them flat!
Practice 4-7-8 breathing. Breathe in for 4 seconds. Hold for 7 seconds and breathe out for 8 seconds trying to slow down your breathing until you feel regulated and calm.
2. Still stressed? Regulate w/Oxytocin. I suggest 6 drops of Oxytocin under your tongue twice a day until you feel calm & relaxed for 2 weeks straight. Reducing your stress is the best thing you can do to fight aging! Need Oxytocin?
3. Whittle your waist with WHEY! Whey protein boosts our metabolism 25% and blocks cravings while keeping us feeling fuller longer. Don’t want a cold shake? Make Hot Chocolate. Need to crunch? Sprinkle it over popcorn! A little goes a long whey! LOL
*Look for a high quality Whey that has 25 grams of protein, no sugar and no fat. Be on the lookout for Whey shakes blended with inferior ingredients, they won’t work. HIGH QUALITY COUNTS when it comes to whey! Best source? LynFIT'S Complete protein!
4. Steer Clear of over strenuous workouts they are fattening! Workouts that decrease stress also help you lose MORE weight! Strenuous workouts ramp up cravings and our appetites and that’s never good for weight loss! Look for weight loss specific workouts. They should be weight lifting workouts that are 30-40 minutes in length (NOT LONGER) and they work the entire body in each session without resting! Need help? See LynFIT’s metabolic workout DVD!
5. Still stuck? This is where the right STACK of supplements can change everything. Supplementing can work miracles IF done correctly. Taking supplements that are a combination of fat burning agents always works better than taking single supplements because they are combined in the prefect combination and they will attack fat from every angle possible and are the most economical way to take supplements.
TOP THREE SUPPLEMENTS FOR LOSING AB FAT:
Accelerator with Raspberry Ketones mixed with Caffeine and Chocolate Bean powder,
Cutting Edge with L Carnitine mixed with Chromium and Choline
Carb Edge with White Kidney Bean Extract Guggul extract, Forskolin and Banaba leaf.