Sautéed Organic Seafood and Spring Greens
Sick of eating cold salads or throwing out greens that you haven’t used? You're gonna love this simple salad sauté. It’s more satisfying and filling, and the best part is it’s metabolic!
It’s the perfect use for the young salad Spring greens that are superabundant this time of year. I live on sautéed greens. While here in the US they aren’t common, they are a standard side dish all over the Mediterranean; Spain, France, Italy, and Greece. So, if you want a simple inexpensive meal that keeps you feeling full and boosts weights loss...
I always buy the big tubs of organic Spring Mix at my local grocery store every week to make salads for lunch and dinner. Many times, I don’t use up the whole tub and then I’ll sauté the greens for a quick and easy side dish -- I never let food go to waste in my house.
These lettuce greens will wilt down and reduce by nearly 80% or more in volume as you cook, and that is why I recommend at least 2 packed cups per person for a small side dish or supersize your greens by sautéing 4-6 cups as a metabolic main meal.
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Tools You Will Need:
- Large Sauté Pan
- Vital Choice® Tiny Pink Shrimp, Wild Alaskan Salmon, or Wild Albacore Tuna
- (8 cups) Organic Spring Mix Lettuces (add as much as you’d like)
- (3) Garlic cloves, sliced
- (1 tbsp.) Super Omega 3 Oil or (1 tbsp.) Super Omega Oil Dressings
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Spray oil
- Spray pan with spray oil and heat the sauté pan over high heat and start adding the lettuce greens into the pan – will most likely have to do this in stages as the greens wilt and reduce
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired
- Once greens have reduced by half (approximately 4 minutes) then add the garlic to the pan and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, and lower heat to medium
- Cook until greens have reduced by nearly 75% (another 3-5 minutes) from original volume and then add Super Omega 3 or Super Omega 3 Dressings to pan and stir to coat as it melts (1-2 minutes) and add seafood and serve immediately
- Lisa Lynn