RECIPE: Soft Protein Pumpkin & White Chocolate Chip Cookie
My Mom didn't just love cookies... she LOVED cookies! And, even at 80, worried about eating them. I used to joke and call her “Cookie“ and say that at 80, you get to have cookies every day. That's one of the things that makes being 80 so great!
The Friday before Mom went to be with Jesus was our usual routine of enjoying God's creations while riding in the golf cart along the bay. Smelling smells, watching birds fly, hoping for another dolphin or turtle sighting, and yep, you guessed it… Soft Protein Pumpkin & White Chocolate Chip Cookies! I will never forget her smile as she ate them and said, "I've gotta make these every day!"
We moved to Florida to help make life easier for Mom, and she loved, loved, loved it here. I'd never seen her happier or more at peace. Our time spent together was always simple, but it was super special. It was never about where we went or what we ate or did, but we enjoyed each other's company.
That Friday was like every other Friday. After finishing work, I picked her up in the golf cart because she loved it. She would say, “I can't believe we live here. Can you smell the Jasmine?”
I always took her on the scenic route, Edgewater Drive, right along the water. She loved the smell and watching the water for a dolphin sighting. We always talked about the birds and butterflies.
Looking back, I wish that day never ended. I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to be with my Mom doing what she loved, anything involving her kids. That day was a “Joy” day. A day spent enjoying each other, nature, and Soft Protein Pumpkin & White Chocolate Chip Cookies -- just the way Mom loved it!
Clean Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Low Carb, Low Calorie
60 calories | 4.5g fat | 1g carbs | 4g protein
- (3¾ tbsp.) Vanilla Dream Natural Whey Protein
- (3¼ tbsp.) Almond flour
- (1¾ tbsp.) Sugar substitute or brown sugar
- (½ tsp.) Pumpkin spice or cinnamon
- (½ tsp.) Baking soda
- (Dash) Himalayan salt
- (5¼ tbsp.) Canned, unsweetened pumpkin
- (2 tbsp.) Soft butter or coconut oil
- (2 tbsp.) White chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix the dry ingredients
- Melt butter or coconut oil (don’t overheat)
- Mix with unsweetened canned pumpkin in a bowl (dough will be sticky)
- Let sit in the refrigerator for one hour
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Scoop small balls onto the baking tray and top with white chocolate chips
- Bake for 8 minutes
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes to cool
- EAT and ENJOY!
- Lisa Lynn