Warm and Wild Pink Salmon and Vegetable Salad
Warm and Wild Pink Salmon and Vegetable Salad (Ready in 30 minutes or less and serves 4)
- (2-6 oz. cans) Wild Pink Salmon, drained and flaked (save the juice for your dogs or cars)
- (3 tbsp.) LynFit Super Omega 3 Power Cold-Pressed Pure Oil (or, you can simplify by using LynFit Super Omega 3 Dressings and skip over all the spices listed but do try to avoid using olive oil to really bump omega-3 levels)
- (2) Scallions, sliced
- (1 tbsp.) Minced garlic
- (1 tsp.) Whole grain mustard
- (¼ tsp.) Freshly ground pepper
- (2 tbsp.) Sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- (4 cups) Pre-roasted vegetables such as carrots, radishes, or green beans, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- (8 cups) Leafy, mixed salad greens (more is better - these are unlimited)
Directions for quick-roasted vegetables:
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Chop your vegetables ½ inch pieces for faster roasting
- Toss chopped vegetables into a large bowl with (1 tbsp.) Super Omega 3 Oil, (½ tsp.) pepper, and (¼ tsp.) salt
- Spread in a single layer on large rimmed baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes (less is best for crunch and to protect the nutrients from being harmed by overcooking)
- Roast until softened (approximately 10-15 minutes, or more if needed), ovens vary
Meanwhile, mix the remaining (2 tbsp.) of oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard (if needed, add a dash of pepper or salt if you must) into a large bowl. (NOTE: Reserve (2 tbsp.) of the dressing in a small bowl).
Add salad greens to the large bowl and toss to combine. Divide among four dinner plates (hopefully, you’ve chosen the 6-inch to help control your portions organically).
Drain the salmon, discarding the liquid. Remove any skin and bones, if desired, and break the salmon into large chunks with a fork.
When the vegetables are done, transfer them to the large bowl and gently combine with the reserved dressing, salmon, and vegetables. Gently stir the salmon chunks through the vegetables, and then divide between the plates. Drizzle with the dressing and serve at once. MANGIA, as we say in ”eatily“!
Make ahead tip - Prepare the dressing and refrigerate it for up to 1 day, or use LynFit Super Omega 3 Dressings instead for faster, easier, and an even more delicious meal.
Cut down on dishes - Line a rimmed pan with foil or roast the veggies in foil which also acts as an easy grab-and-go lunch or storage for tomorrow’s veggies.
You should always make twice as many veggies so you don’t have to be roasting every day, allowing more time for your Fit in 5 Workout.
The combination of vegetable greens and omega-3 fats, along with the absence of omega 6 found in olive oils, have proven highly beneficial in clinical trials of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Omega-3s found in salmon, as well as LynFit Super Omega 3 Oils and Dressings, have been clinically proven to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels significantly, probably because it blocks synthesis and/or promotes the elimination of cholesterol.
*Our ancestors placed great value on this vegetable salad. It was used as a digestive aid to help purify and cleanse the body of prebiotic sickness, especially when artichokes are incorporated. Artichokes are clinically proven to be choleretic, meaning they stimulate. Due to their digestion-enhancing powers, they are popular in Europe for mild indigestion. Add some artichoke when you have time on weekends. If you're not keen on artichokes or lack the time to prepare them, try jarred or use mushrooms instead.
In several European countries, vegetable extracts and omega-3s are used in place of prescription drugs for liver disorders and have even shown promise in reversing the damage done by harmful chemicals (like drinking too much alcohol or taking over-the-counter pain relievers) in liver cells.
The best way to benefit from these God-given natural foods is to enjoy them regularly (daily is best) as delicious, wholesome food!
- Lisa Lynn