Turbocharge Your Healthy Daily Habits! January 10 2019
Many of you have set resolutions for the New Year. This message is more important than ever if you'd like to build lasting motivation for 2019!
This week I'm talking about how to make your motivation last long enough to achieve your goals. I find motivation by many things in life: motivational quotes, motivational movies, motivational songs, motivational people, activities, and much more (shopping for bathing suits also works, and so does a Monday morning weigh-in... for me anyway).
How many times have you been motivated by something (like eating cleaner) and then the next day, despite what your goal was, nothing changes?
You just continue doing what you did before (like adding creamer to your coffee instead of using Protein Shake) you got motivated. Frustrating and de-motivating, isn’t it? This used to happen to me all the time until I figured out how to turn momentary motivators into long-lasting motivators.
Sometimes, these small, simple daily habits can be weight loss game changers that yield big results. The kind of results that make you want to continue with healthy habits every day because you see and feel the difference the same day you start.
The secret to lifelong weight loss success is to include motivational triggers into your everyday life. And then learn how to live it!
This week’s three success action (that means you actually write them down) steps are:
- What are your big life goals (outside of your weight loss goals)?
- What are your core values and beliefs that surround these goals?
Once you have these determined, then you know “what you want to be motivated to do" and "why this matters to you." This helps because knowing what your beliefs are means that motivation won't go in one ear and out the other. You’ll keep it in the front of your mind. This will teach you how to use the incredible power of motivation and turn it into continuous action, delivering the kind of results that will transform your life.
- Daily planning: Plan your food at least four days ahead.
You need to view your daily food planning as the lifesaving game plan it really is. Planning ahead allows you to combine and connect your core values with your big goals and turn them into daily actions that you’ll actually do each day. For example, the most effective daily health habits. The habits that make you lose one pound per day, such as:
- Using pre-made Complete Protein Shake in your coffee instead of unhealthy creamers and milk. It tastes more delicious and is much better for weight loss.
- Replacing two meals daily with Metabolic Boosting Protein Shakes versus only when you feel like it.
- Fasting for 12-15 hours every night (it's the best way to stop nighttime mindless munching).
- Drinking adequate water (half your body weight in ounces) daily.
- Walking a minimum of 10,000 steps every day (you eat every day, you need to move every day).
'Nuff said... right? All of us can do these five things, but if you don't plan it, it more than likely won't happen. Make it a habit to do some daily planning that helps you develop a lifelong healthy lifestyle.
Did you know that writing your goals/plans down daily will imprint them into your subconscious, effectively acting as brainwashing?
- The motivation comes from the doing
- Focus on progress, not perfection
- Take small baby steps every day
- The discipline will be built from your doing
Each one of these super-simple baby steps can serve as a quick motivation booster, and all you have to do is continue to take one more step towards that next big breakthrough. One step at a time, one day at a time... it's just that simple. Following the Lose 1 Pound Per Day Plan makes it even easier and a whole lot more delicious. No calorie counting or endless hours cooking in the kitchen, preparing meals you don’t even like.
2019... Your Year to Believe. Begin. Become!