Getting Back On Track With Your Weight Loss
When it comes to weight loss, "tomorrow" is the most dangerous word in the English language. If you're serious about losing weight, and not seeing the results you'd like, it's time to stop living the way you've been living. The price you pay is very high for the cheap thrill that food gives you. In the end, it might even cost you your health. How you're living today directly affects your tomorrow. So, what will you do differently?
I receive emails seeking advice, all too often, from people with a habit of doing a week or two of strict, metabolic boosting eating and then falling off the weight loss wagon into a pile of cookies or store-bought protein bars. They want to know what they can do to stick to the plan, or should they even try. The first thing I tell them is the reason most people fall is that they think they need to be perfect with their eating. It's important to understand that perfection does not exist.
Most of us fall because we become too legalistic about our diets. Rather, our diets should be treated as a habit of making better choices, requiring us to decide what our actions will be. This makes us responsible for our actions, and the outcomes.
You know the old saying; "If you keep doing what you've always done you'll just keep getting the same results. To expect anything different is the very definition of insanity." Quite honestly, there is a lot of insanity surrounding the foods that will keep you from reaching your goals.
Have you ever told yourself; "I'll just have a little"? Sorry to say it, but that little bit is what's stopping you from reaching your goals.
It's at these very times to remind yourself that perfection does not exist. Focus on daily progress, not daily perfection. You have more control than you think when it comes to making food choices. But if you keep falling off the wagon, it's possible you may need a few tools to help keep you on track.
These tools make losing weight faster and easier because they:
- Help kill hunger and cravings that cause you to fall off-plan
- Boost metabolism by 25 percent, so you burn more calories all day long, even while asleep. This is especially important when you decide to go off-plan because it will help keep you from gaining weight.
- Block cortisol (stress hormones) levels from rising, which helps prevent weight gain in the belly, hips, and thighs. Blocking cortisol is more important than you think. Stress causes your body to produce excess cortisol levels, and the only way to melt belly fat is by reducing these levels. It's not an easy job and the very reason you need to attack belly fat with a 1, 2, 3 punch.
STEP #1: BOOST METABOLISM AND BLOCK CORTISOL LEVELS
Looking for a delicious shake recipe that will not only tantalize your taste buds but rev up your metabolism as well? Look no further — here's my Melt Belly Fat Birthday Cake Smoothie:
(½ cup) Water
(3–4) Ice cubes
STEP #2: KILL HUNGER AND CRAVINGS
Here is your supplement stack:
- LynFit Accelerator with Raspberry Ketones to accelerate the process and trick your body into acting like a thin person. A lean person will burn fat more efficiently. (If you're highly sensitive to caffeine you may want to skip the Accelerator. The stack will still give you what you need, so follow the steps without Accelerator.)
- LynFit Carb Edge with Forskolin to help enhance thyroid function and balance blood sugar levels, which is the secret to killing your cravings and managing hunger.
- LynFit Cutting Edge to force your body to burn off that stubborn body fat for fuel.
STEP #3: AVOID THE AFTERNOON ENERGY CRASH TO ESCAPE CRAVINGS BEFORE THEY BEGIN
Should you find yourself unable to suppress the urge to eat junk food, adopt the 80/20 rule. You're already following it; you just don't know it.
For the most part, you're eating your favorite foods every couple of weeks — it's inevitable. It's going to happen, and you should expect it. So, the best solution is to plan it ahead of time. If you plan for it ahead of time, you can cheat and still lose weight. Have a little pep talk with yourself. Sit down and tell yourself to try the 80/20 plan.
On the Advanced Metabolic Boosting Meal Plan, you can eat on plan 80 percent of the time and go off the plan 20 percent of the time and still lose weight. That's the beauty of this plan. In fact, this is the only plan that takes into consideration that you live in the real world, you're human, and that you cheat once in a while.
Planning in advance when you cheat also puts you in control of the binge vs. the binge controlling you. It also changes how you emotionally respond to a binge—no guilt, because it's all a part of your weight loss plan. You'll accept the situation, not struggle in vain against it. You'll eat less and know exactly what to eat, and how much. The scale will go up slightly, but you'll be back on track in no time.
Although there are physiological consequences to binging on junk food, I'd wager that most of the damage comes from the stress we inflict on ourselves—the internal fight and refusal, which only causes us to binge more. The refusal to accept the inevitable situation, combined with the guilt and shame you're piling on yourself for losing that fight.
Here's what the 80/20 plan get you: Acceptance! You learn to accept things you cannot change. You're no longer fighting a battle you most likely cannot win.
I can't think of anything harder or more stressful than struggling with food. I've struggled with it my entire life until I learned about the 80/20 rule.
You can live guilt-free. Guilt about eating junk food can actually cause you to gain weight and depress your immune system. By making a plan to "go off" for a meal as an occasional (1–2 times weekly) deviation from your regular schedule, rather than betraying your body, you remove the guilt. Make a plan, if you plan on losing.
I would encourage you to read this article I wrote previously about how to cheat and still lose weight to keep your metabolism in full swing, and how if you don't, it can alter the physiological effect it has on you.
As Kelly Clarkson says in her song: "Think Before You Cheat" so you don't hurt your health or destroy a month's worth of dieting. Most of the time it's not worth it anyway.
So, eat happily, just don't' forget to boost first!
- Lisa Lynn
- Tags: accelerator appetite Belly Fat blood pressure blood sugar blood sugar levels body fat burn fat calories carb edge carbohydrates Carbs cholesterol comfort food cortisol cravings depression dieting eat healthy eating eating habits energy energy bar energy bars energy drink energy drinks exercise fat fat loss fitness fitness goals food food substitutes goals health healthy food healthy habits ketones l-carnitine lean bars lean protein lisa lynn lisa lynn fitness lose weight lynfit meal plan melt fat metabolism nutrients Nutrition overweight power bar protein bar protein shake raspberries raspberry ketone raspberry ketones resolutions smoothie smoothies snack snacking snacks stress eating sugar sugar cravings supplementing supplements vitamins Waistline weight weight gain weight loss weight loss goals whey supplements
Conquer Your Cravings For Comfort Food
Nothing makes you crave comfort food more than the long, dark, cold days of winter. Combined with stress, all you want to do is put on your warm pajamas and cozy up by the fire with your favorite comfort food in hand. One thing I’ve learned is to be careful, or you’ll quickly pack on the pounds and feel even worse than you did before you started eating.
After I had lost 40 pounds by giving up my favorite foods, I realized that I missed them. I struggled to keep the unwanted pounds off because I couldn’t stay away from my favorites. I wasn’t willing to gain the weight back, so I needed to figure out a way to eat what I loved, and still lose weight. The solution? Follow the Leaner Lifestyle tips and tricks.
Plan for it and expect to indulge; it’s only a matter of time. If you plan ahead, you can offset the “not so good” calories not by starving yourself, which can slow the metabolism, but by boosting your metabolism instead. This simple little trick puts your body in a fat-burning mode so when cave into your cravings you’ll be able to control the food versus it controlling you. Prevention is the cure, and it’s also the best way not to gain weight.
How do you boost your metabolism safely, so you don’t gain weight when you aren’t eating so clean? It can be as easy as drinking a metabolic boosting whey protein shake, which is by far your best option, or having two egg whites for breakfast, so you start your day off on the right foot.
Why is protein so important when it comes to controlling our cravings?
- Protein is the #1 nutrient that women don't eat enough of (it's also why you crave)
- Protein contains essential amino acids that your body requires
- Protein regulates serotonin, so you feel better fast when you drink the protein shake
- Whey protein blocks cortisol (the stress hormone) that makes your cravings so intense that it makes you spiral out of control
- Whey protein boosts metabolism by 25 percent and switches the weight gaining switch off
Now that we have the science of why we crave out of the way, we can talk about controlling what is on the other end of the fork when we do crave. Doing so will allow you to keep off the pounds and get into the best shape of your life. This is the very reason I wrote The Metabolism Solution and filled it with over 100 delicious thermogenic recipes that your family will love.
Every diet book tells you what not to eat, but they never tell you what you can eat—At least not the kind of foods you like. Let’s be honest, no one craves steamed tilapia and Brussel sprouts. But everyone loves meatloaf and potatoes. The good news is you can eat something hot and eat a lot.
THE DINNER TRICK: Make over your comfort food meal using thermogenic foods such as lean ground turkey instead of red meat. Swap out starchy mashed potatoes that spike insulin levels and cause rapid weight gain with mock mashed potatoes made with cauliflower instead. Replacing the usual high fat, high carb ingredients with thermogenic ingredients instead is a sneaky way of tricking your brain into speeding up your metabolism.
CAN I HAVE DESSERT? Yes! You don't need to give up sweet tooth cravings with a diet. You just need to step outside the box and provide your body with the nutrients it needs (hint: whey protein) to give your metabolism a boost.
Here is a low-fat, low-calorie apple crisp recipe that's sure to cure your sweet tooth craving.
- (3) apple slices
- (½ cup) vanilla whey protein
- (1 cup) of oatmeal mixed with brown sugar Splenda and a tiny bit of Smart Balance
Replacing the usual high fat, high carb ingredients with thermogenic ingredients saves you hundreds of excess calories, fat, and carbs, so you can cheat more often.More information on metabolic boosting exercise and thermogenic eating can be found in The Metabolism Solution.