The #1 Tip to Getting Rid of Belly Fat
Determined to get rid of those holiday pounds? Focus on healthy eating not exercise. Diet is 90 percent of your weight loss success. In fact, it matters more than how much time you spend in the gym. I recommend heading to the produce department to target that belly fat.
The number one change everybody should be making is focusing on vegetables. The more vegetables you eat, it flips your hunger switch off and keeps you feeling full. The secret is to lower blood sugar and vegetables do that best because of the fiber they contain. Get creative—swap out bread and wraps for lettuce.
Wrap your tuna sandwiches and your turkey in lettuce instead of bread. There is a new veggie spaghetti out there, so get rid of your pasta carbs and replace them with vegetable spaghetti.
Celery is one of the best foods for weight loss because it has a thermic effect. It heats up your metabolism so it takes you more time to digest the food than there are calories in the food. You end up in a negative calorie deficit, which is what you want with weight loss.
Fruit? Stick to one to two servings per day of green apples, grapefruit or berries. Those fruits have the lowest sugar content. They also have the highest fiber content, and fiber blunts blood sugar. They are easy to portion control, and they are the most nutritious.
Protein of choice—Seafood. The lighter and whiter the fish, the better for your metabolism. Think shrimp, scallops, tilapia, cod, and scrod.
Here is a great recipe from The Metabolism Solution for Tuna Burgers. This recipe takes 10 minutes to make and is the most cost-effective meal you can prepare. Not to mention—it’s Lean and Clean.
(2) 6oz cans of chunk light tuna in water — drained
(½) cup of medium salsa
(1) Egg white
Combine the ingredients until the mixture is uniform and holds together. Then, form into burgers (size is your choice). Spray a large, non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place burgers into the pan. Cook until golden brown — about 1–2 minutes per side. Serve on a large bed of leafy greens.
The Metabolism Solution contains a detailed shopping list and 100+ delicious thermogenic recipes.
Expert Tips On Avoiding The “Female 15” — The Best Way To Avoid Lifelong Weight Issues
College weight gain can be the beginning of continuous weight struggles that continue throughout a lifetime. This is a time of life where males and females, whether they go to college or not, can begin to gain weight at a rapid pace, unless you interrupt this weight gain cycle with new healthy habits. Stress is a huge factor when it comes to college weight gain.
USA Today reported that 76 percent of female students and 33 percent of males said they eat when under stress. To make things worse, the female metabolism begins to decline between the ages of 17–19 and continues throughout their lifetime, making it easier for women to gain weight and almost impossible to lose.
Often, they have gained 10 pounds before they notice. This creates another issue: metabolic resistance due to the rapid increase in weight. This flips the weight gain switch on and can last a lifetime due to the metabolic changes that take place.Did you know that .....
- Gaining 10 pounds is enough for you to outgrow your current clothing size
- Most college students walk more than they ever have due to the dorm room to classroom distance, so food is 90 percent to blame, not lack of exercise
- Most people who gain weight in college are less likely to ever lose that weight
Here are three simple, healthy habits that flip the weight gain switch off:
1. Boost energy and metabolism at breakfast with the right kind of smoothie. Not all smoothies are created equal. In fact, most smoothies you buy commercially cause rapid weight gain because they are loaded with sugar as well as other not-so-nutritious ingredients such as soy or vegan sources. These stop weight loss and cause weight gain. Melt more fat by making your own smoothie.
What’s trending now is “The Dorm Room Smoothie”, aka "The Freshman Fat-Loss Bomb." The recipe is as follows (just mix the ingredients together and drink):
- 2 scoops of a high-quality, metabolic boosting whey like Lynfit's Complete Protein
- ½ cup of water
- Shake until it’s blended, or you can leave it lumpy
- Then pour over 1 cup of iced coffee
2. Pass on the campus diet and choose “thermogenic” foods that flip the weight gain switch off and turn on the weight loss switch. Thermogenic foods are leafy green vegetables, white fish, salmon, as well as turkey breast. These foods create a “thermic effect” on your metabolism, causing it to heat up, so you burn more calories.
3. Snack leaner and keep it to 1 snack per day. Before you grab that protein bar or bag of chips from the vending machine, stop and read the label. Here is what you should look for:
- Choose snacks that are under 150 calories
- Contain less than 5 grams of fat
- Contain less than 25 carbs and have little or no sugar