Supplement Your Diet With The Omega-3 Fatty Acids You Need November 08 2018
What do Golden Flaxseed, Hemp Seed, Chia Seed, Sacha Inchi, and Evening of Primrose have in common? For starters, they are all in LynFit's new and delicious Salad Dressings and Omega Power Oil. But what appears to be an expensive little bottle of dressing is far more than that. Each of these three new products contains all of these little power-packed seed oils, and more!
These are extremely good for the body and brain. Chia, flax, hemp, Sacha Inchi, and Evening of Primrose all provide major nutrition and are all high in omega-3, essential fatty acids that the bodies don't make, requiring us to get it from the foods we eat. Essential means it is required for health, and this is not negotiable if we want to stay healthy. While they each have their own unique variations (I call personalities traits), I’m going to focus on their commonalities in this article, and the kingpin of these is omega-3, which none of us can get enough of.
Omega-3 fatty acids are nature’s miraculous anti-inflammatory. Researchers aren’t exactly sure what makes omega-3s work so well, but they all agree that increasing consumption seems to reduce biological markers of inflammation, bringing us fast-acting, drug-free aches and pains relief.
Omega-3 food sources include fatty fish like salmon. However, that isn’t typically a part of a daily diet, especially for fish haters. Anyone who is allergic to fish has an increased need for omega-3s yet have fewer options... until now! I'll break them down for you.
Flaxseeds are highly nutritious, but their high omega-3 content sets them apart from the other nuts and seeds, in addition to their impressive profile of antioxidants and fiber. Flaxseeds should always be eaten ground versus whole because your body cannot break down the tough seed, so your body is unable to absorb the nutrients. Not to mention, you really need to grind them fresh every day, and who has time for that? That’s where flaxseed oil comes in. It's a better source because it's more readily absorbed by your body.
HEMP SEED OIL
Mention the word hemp, and you'll see why it’s so popular these days. It’s not surprising, considering hemp seeds are one of the most nutritious plant-based foods in the world. Hemp seeds provide an abundance of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It is also one of the very few plant-based sources of a complete protein, providing all of the essential amino acids in a highly digestible form. But its best personality trait is that its omega-3 rich!
CHIA SEED OIL
Yes, that’s right… Ch-Ch-Chia seeds! They belong with the other celebrity seeds and deserve the status. They have been used for centuries, and for good reason. Chia seeds are loaded with omega-3s, antioxidants, protein, vitamins, minerals, and deliver a healthy dose of fiber.
EVENING OF PRIMROSE OIL
I believe this oil has 'evening' in it because it seems to help with symptoms we experience at night. Evening of Primrose has the same personality traits as the other seed oils. It’s an awesome plant-based source of omega-3s—with some super special benefits as well. Evening of Primrose is a wildflower that grows in eastern and central North America and is used for food. The seeds of the flower are cold-pressed for their oil, allowing us to take advantage of the Evening of Primrose oil health benefits.
I know you're asking, "What the heck is that?" Sacha Inchi is one of the world’s healthiest superfoods. Also known as Inca peanuts or Inca nuts, it's also among the richest sources of omega fatty acids in the world. Sacha inchi seeds are also loaded with protein, fiber, and antioxidants. The sacha inchi plant, Plukenetia Volubilis, is a rainforest vine, with star-shaped seed pods, meaning that these Inca peanuts are technically seeds, not nuts. It has a unique, mild, nutty taste that many compare to that of a dark roasted peanut with a slight woody flavor.
When you combine all of these oils into one Omega Power Oil or Superfood dressing, they become an even more powerful combination that’s super high in essential fatty acids, providing the building blocks for cell membranes and a variety of hormones and hormone-like substances.
Here are the Surprising Health Benefits of the Omega Power Oil and Superfood Dressings:
- Weight Loss: Because it's a rich source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, it can help balance cortisol levels. When cortisol levels are controlled, food cravings and mood swings are reduced. Even Dr. Oz agrees.
- Omega Fatty Acids: Omega Power Oil has a high concentration and proper balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, known to reduce the risk of heart disease. Its fats are largely monounsaturated and polyunsaturated...the good-for-you fats.
- Bone Health: Due to its omega-3 fatty acid content, it can support bone structure. Omega-3 fatty acids enhance bone mineral content by helping the body absorb calcium. Eating more foods rich in omega-3s can help protect your bones as you age.
- Skin, Hair, and Nails: Omega Power Oil provides nutrients that promote supple skin, silky hair, and stronger nails. Omega-3 fatty acids support hydration and protect against inflammation, while the vitamin E prevents free radical damage that can harm your skin.
May Help Reduce Cancer Cell Growth: There is some evidence that these oils may help reduce the growth of cancer cells. In one animal study, mice were given 0.3 ml of flaxseed oil for 40 days. It was found to prevent the spread of cancer and the growth of lung tumors. In another small animal study, flaxseed oil was shown to block the formation of colon cancer in rats.
Furthermore, test-tube studies have produced similar findings, with several studies showing that flaxseed oil reduced the growth of breast cancer cells.
Still, while these findings are promising, more research is needed to determine how these results may translate to humans.
And that’s not all. Consuming these oils daily helps with the following:
- Keeps you feeling fuller longer
- Balances and buffers blood sugar levels
- Increase the body's nutrient status across the board
- Helps reduce pain
- Helps reduce pain associated with PMS
- Supports and balances overall hormonal function within the body
- Improves chronic skin complaints like eczema, acne, and psoriasis
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory agent
- A natural remedy for rheumatoid arthritis
- Helpful for menopause symptoms
- Reduces arthritis pain and symptoms
- Improves skin tone and tightness
- Helps clear acne
- Helps boost hair growth and improve quality
- Increases bone density in elderly people with osteoporosis
- Reduces hot flashes
- Helps promote regularity, relieve constipation, and IBS symptoms
- Improves heart health
- Helps heal gastrointestinal issues
- Can be used topically to address bruises and hemorrhoids and treat minor wounds
I could go on for days, but I’m sure you get the picture. The Omega Power, Garlic and Paprika, and Creamy Italian Dressings are more than just another oil. They are food that delivers as many benefits as taking a supplement, making your food taste even more delicious while delivering a healthy dose of essential nutrients.
Everyone should have this trio in their refrigerator for daily use in their diet.
One of the best things about these dressings and omega oil is their versatility. For starters, they can easily be swapped for other types of dressings or oils used in, or as, salad dressings, dips, and sauces.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp. on top of fish or chicken
- Drizzle 1 tbsp. on top of spiralizer veggies for a flavor explosion
- Drizzle 1 tbsp. on your salad, or add to your steamed vegetables or pre-made soup (don’t cook it–add it after)
- You can also add one serving (1 tbsp. or 15 ml) of Omega Power Oil into smoothies or shakes with minimal effort
- Add 1 tbsp. to your metabolic boosting baking recipes
(Keep in mind that Omega Power Oil should not be used for cooking as it does not have a high smoke point and heating destroys nutrients.)
The bottom line is including just one or two servings of Omega Power Oil and/or Dressings into your daily routine is easy and could have numerous benefits for your overall health, especially if you aren’t taking fish oils every day, or you’re allergic or not getting two servings of fatty fish in your diet every week. This Omega Power and Dressings combo is a good solution to help supplement your diet with the omega-3 fatty acids you need.