RECIPE: Clean Keto Strawberry Collagen Frozen Pops
50 grams of collagen per pop! Ah, summer... hot, hazy summer afternoons that demand something really cold and delicious that's also good for your body in every way, and won't kick you out of keto. Lately, just walking outside makes you crave something really cold and hydrating. Your whole family is going to LOVE these clean keto, collagen-spiked frozen pops. They are the perfect summertime treat!
- (½ cup) Fresh strawberry juice (2 cups of strawberries)
- (½ cup) Pre-made Crystal Light strawberry flavored drink mix
- (3 medium) Organic fresh strawberries, washed, cut in half, stems removed
- (1 oz. per mold) LynFit Nutrition Daily Repair Liquid Collagen.
- Blender or food processor
- Popsicle mold
- Wooden pop sticks if your mold doesn’t include sticks
- Wash strawberries and remove the green stems. Place strawberries into blender. Blend on high speed until fruit becomes a frothy liquid.
- Place 1-2 slices of strawberries (depending on how large strawberries are) into each pop mold
- Pour (1 oz. serving) of Daily Repair Liquid Collagen juice into each mold.
- Pour strawberry juice into each mold, leaving about one-quarter inch of room at the top (the pops will expand some as they freeze).
- Place in the freezer for approximately 2-3 hours, or until frozen solid.
- If using a mold that does not come with sticks, place pop mold into the freezer for 1 hour or so. Remove from freezer and insert sticks into the middle of each pop. Place back in the freezer for another 2 hours, or until completely frozen.
- Once frozen, unmold pops from the mold and enjoy.
- To store, wrap each popsicle in plastic wrap, place each pop into a resealable bag, or store in a freezer-safe airtight container with a piece of wax or parchment paper separating each pop.
- Pops can be stored for 3-4 weeks in the freezer before they start to lose their flavor and texture.
- Lisa Lynn