Is Inflammation the Reason You're Not Losing Weight?
Inflammation and weight gain are a vicious cycle. Studies show that aches, pains, and weight gain go hand-in-hand. Blood tests show that our inflammatory markers (known as C-reactive protein) increased as weight increased. This inflammation is triggered by hormonal and metabolic changes and remains until excess weight and specifically, belly fat is lost.
As a clinical metabolic nutrition expert, specializing in weight loss and natural pain reduction, I’ve been seeing an epidemic of serious inflammation issues made worse by taking the wrong types or forms of supplements.
Alleviating inflammation naturally isn't that hard, but misinformation shared on social media makes it more difficult. Sadly, that’s where many people get their information from.
These so-called experts don't understand how the metabolism works, as well as what exactly is metabolic health, and how everything you eat, or don't eat, which supplements you take (as well as which ones you should avoid), and whether or not you stay active affects it.
Proper amounts of deep quality sleep, your daily diet, and the medications you take all play starring roles in how well your body recovers, or fails to recover and rebuild itself. It's in the rebuilding that your body become stronger and C-reactive protein levels begin to become balanced again.
- suffering from joint/muscle pain (including arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, any condition that ends in “itis”)?
- always tired?
- suffering with stomach issues like cramps, bloating, diarrhea or constipation?
- suffering with chronic headaches/migraines?
- putting on weight?
- carrying an extra 10 pounds around your waist?
If so, you most likely have an inflammation problem that needs to be addressed.
The first step you need to take is to clean up your diet. The Quick Keto Metabolic Reset Lose 1 Pound Per Day Meal Plan is an advanced plan that places its focus on anti-inflammatory foods that quickly rebalance inflammation, naturally reducing inflammation.
One of its side effects is fast weight loss of one pound or more each day when followed as suggested. It focuses on eating more of the right foods and eliminating or decreasing the foods that trigger systemic inflammation, resetting your body's biological natural weight quickly.
Yes, it is a very fast-acting weight loss and anti-inflammatory meal plan that combines the right food and nutritional support required for healing and recovery.
In today's soil-depleted world, even if you ate perfectly, you could never provide your body with the amount of nutrients required to promote healing and rebalancing your body's C-reactive protein response or reduce inflammation. Most people assume that cooking with healthy spices like curcumin/turmeric or ginger is the best method, but nothing could be further from the truth.
For starters, you'd have to consume a minimum of 20 tsp. of turmeric daily and 2 tsp. of raw ginger. Even with that, potency is dependent on soil values and freshness. Cooking destroys the active components that make it so effective.
Not only that, but turmeric is stronger when paired with other pain fighting anti-inflammatory nutrients, making it ten times more powerful than taking turmeric alone.
Bottom line: Using nutritional supplements is the most effective way to reduce pain and balance inflammation and makes it easier to be consistent.
Making matters worse, after age 30, digestion is not what it used to be. Even if you flooded your body all day every day with the specific nutrients you still would not meet these requirements.
Your body digests, absorbs, and utilizes certain forms of these nutrients more efficiently than others. If you've been adding turmeric to your cooking or drinking it as a tea... STOP! You're actually overwhelming your body with an ingredient, or form of ingredient, it can’t utilize efficiently because it's not broken down or in a form that’s recognized by your body.
I've received many emails lately from people who are frustrated with their body's inability to lose weight and/or reduce their aches and pains. This includes their seemingly healthy strategies they consistently follow every day. And the most popular one I see is adding turmeric to their soups, stir fries, smoothies, teas, or food, never thinking for one moment it was part of the problem, NOT the solution. This is also why they were gaining weight, unable to lose weight, and not getting relief from their aches and pains.
Additionally, I've witnessed yellow stained teeth (most will never be white again),
gastric issues (diarrhea and constipation), bloat, and burned or irritated esophagus.
I’m sure you can see why supporting your body with the right nutrients, in the clinical doses that research proves works, and in the most bioavailable form your body recognizes and easily breaks makes the recovery process easier, and you feel better faster.
The smart use of specific supplements, combined with our anti-inflammatory diet and a 20-minute walk every day (after meals is best as it helps improve digestion and reduce blood sugar levels that can trigger systemic inflammation), is the best and most effective way to kick aches and pains to the curb, reduce C-reactive protein levels, blood sugar levels, and trigger a positive metabolic response.
Follow this basic anti-inflammatory supplement and recovery protocol consistently to help ease inflammation.
STEP #1: Follow the Metabolic Reset Lose 1 Pound Per Day Plan
(*If you don't need to lose weight, simply eat more of the foods listed to increase calories.)
It's safe because it's loaded with the specific nutrients your body needs to restore and maintain health, which is why it's so effective and works fast.
STEP #2: Saturate Your Body with Essential Amino Acids
Protein is the #1 macronutrient when it comes to reducing inflammation and healing. Nothing will work or be sustainable if your diet isn’t dialed in, or you're consuming enough essential amino acids (which makes proteins “complete”).
Listed from most effective to least:
- Complete Protein Whey
- Zero-Calorie Essential Amino Acids
- Lean Bars
- Egg White Protein
- Metabolic Collagen or Vegan Complete Protein
STEP #3: Up Your Essential Fats with Pure Omega 3
Essential fatty acids are crucial to create a strong anti-inflammatory nutritional foundation. You cannot consume enough of the specific omega 3 fatty acids through diet. You would have to over-consume fatty fish, which would cause weight spikes and blood sugar levels that promote weight gain, which is contradictory. Also, consuming that much fat can cause gastric distress, further depleting your body's nutrients.
STEP #4: Let's Talk Pain Relief with Recovery Agent
Now that your nutrition is in check, and you've created a strong anti-inflammatory core, it's time to talk pain relief.
Most people who start taking Recovery Agent are shocked at how fast and efficient it is when it comes to relieving pain. It's so effective you can feel your pain return as it wears off, which is your body’s way of saying “more nutrients please.”
Recovery Agent is loaded with the micro- and macro-nutrients your body needs more of. Seventeen of the most crucial, in the clinical doses that research proves works, when it comes to healing, recovery, and addressing the underlying issues that prevent your body from healing, which can make pain chronic and leave your bodies stiff and achy.
Recovery Agent should be your go-to when it comes to natural pain relief and boosting the healing process. Making sure to keep your body nourished is the best way to promote healing and keep your metabolism working at optimal speeds.
Pain, injury, and surgery deplete nutrients. This protocol replaces those lost nutrients, saturating your body with what it needs to heal, recover, and improve every aspect of your health.
It's safe and highly recommended to take after surgery, and can be taken alongside any prescriptions your doctor subscribes. For the best results, allow 2-3 hours in-between medications and supplements for optimal absorption and to prevent them from competing against each other.
Spacing your nutritional supplements and taking them after your prescriptions allows you to replace the nutrients that drugs deplete in a timely manner, preventing further depletion, which protects every aspect of your health.
Recovery Agent is full of gut-loving nutrients. Here is Recovery Agent's superstar lineup and why each nutrient is good for healing. (NOTE: The nutrients it contains have more than one benefit, but for time sake, I'll list the priority reasons.)
- Vitamin A (as Beta Carotene): Vitamin A plays an important role in all stages of wound/injury healing. Beta carotene specifically is the most biologically significant and prevalent provitamin.
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid): Ascorbic acid is the form of vitamin C found naturally in food with the best bioavailability. Your body needs additional amounts to form blood vessels, cartilage, muscle, and collagen in bones, which is why it's so vital to your body's healing process.
- Vitamin E (as DL-Tocopherol Acetate): Vitamin E is considered an important vitamin during wound healing as it acts as an antioxidant and neutralizes the toxic radicals in the cells, helping to reduce symptoms of muscle soreness, inflammation, and muscle weakness.
- Zinc (as citrate): It is a major player in the creation of DNA, growth of cells, building proteins, healing damaged tissue, and supporting a healthy immune system.
- Glucosamine Sulfate can help to reduce joint pain and is well absorbed by the molecules that make up cartilage surrounding the bones, helping to promote healing. It can also slow the natural deterioration of joint cartilage, helping athletes remain free from joint pain.
- L-Glutamine: L-glutamine is the most abundant free essential amino acid in the body. These acids are the building blocks of protein that make up muscle, ligaments, cartilage, soft tissue (brain, heart, lung), hair, skin, and nails. It has been proven to help aid in all aspects of muscle recovery. L-glutamine helps carry nitrogen and other essential nutrients around the blood and delivers it to muscles and needed areas.
- Turmeric Root Extract (curcuma longa: Std to 95% Curcumin) Curcumin specifically has potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce the accumulation of AGEs. Consistent daily doses for three or more months have improved pain and tenderness, muscle damage, ameliorated inflammatory markers, increased markers of antioxidant capacity, diminished markers of oxidative stress, and reduced markers of AGEs. It has many scientifically proven health benefits such as:
- The potential to improve heart health and prevent against Alzheimer's and cancer.
- Improving digestion
- Promoting weight loss
- Fighting colds and flu
- Preventing asthma attacks
- Detoxing the liver
- Regulating gastrointestinal microbiota
- Managing cholesterol levels
- Stimulating the immune system
- Citrus Bioflavonoids improve vitamin C absorption, free radical scavenging, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Green Tea Extract (Leaf): Green tea contains a catechin called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). Catechins are natural antioxidants that help prevent cell damage and provide other benefits. These substances can reduce the formation of free radicals in the body, protecting cells and molecules from damage.
- Ginger Extract (Zingiber Officinate, Root): The root may act as an anti-inflammatory by blocking prostaglandins—hormone-like compounds that cause muscle contractions—which quell post-workout soreness, and lower inflammatory markers.
- Bromelain is an enzyme and one of the best natural pain reducing anti-inflammatory and swelling suppressants. It improves circulation, which is good for everything from bruises to oral surgery.
- Eleuthero Powder (Eleuthero coccus senticosus: Root) is an adaptogenic herb, potent antioxidant, and great for reducing Inflammation. It is also known as Ginseng. Evidence-based research proves that it helps everything from physical to emotional stress, anti-ulcer, anti-cancer, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective, hepatoprotective, and cardioprotective activities.
- Bilberry Extract (Vaccinium myrtillus: Fruit): Bilberry contains chemicals called tannins. They might help reduce swelling. The chemicals in bilberry leaves boosts formation of collagen, the fiber-like protein that knits connective tissue and prevent its destruction. Bilberry fruit also contains catechin, epicatechin, condensed tannins, oligomeric procyanidins, and pectins.
- Ginkgo biloba Extract (Leaf) increases blood flow to your muscles. When you increase blood flow to your muscles, you boost the amount of oxygen, nutrients, and hormones in them. This promotes recovery and growth. Currently being used for Alzheimer’s, dementia, and brain health.
- Capsicum Powder (Capsicum annum: Fruit) provides for better vision, less inflammation, reduced cravings, weight loss, less painful joints, healthier teeth, depression prevention, great for nerve pain/neuropathy, and boosts metabolism.
- Kola Nut Powder is a great source of potassium, which helps reduce edema, bloating, gas, and inflammation. The theobromine and caffeine contained in the kola nut helps dilate/widen blood vessels in the brain, which decreases inflammation migraine pain inflammation. Kola nut powder helps to detox the liver and protect it from any alcohol or food poisoning and NSAID use and effects. Scientists have identified kola as a potential antimicrobial and detoxifier.
- Milk Thistle (silybum marianum: Seed): The active ingredients in milk thistle are a group of plant compounds collectively known as silymarin, which is known to have antioxidant, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties. It is often used to treat liver and gallbladder disorders, promote breast milk production, prevent and treat cancer, and even protect the liver from snake bites, alcohol, and other environmental poisons.
When all of these nutrients are combined, they become ten times more powerful than taking turmeric by itself, which is why we combine them together. It's a natural approach to pain management that won't hurt your liver or damage your kidneys. Recovery Agent can be used as a daily multivitamin with joint health benefits taken in maintenance dosages. For acute pain, you can increase the dosage for maximum relief without slowing metabolism or harming your health.
Adjepong D, Jahangir S, Malik BH. The Effect of Zinc on Post-neurosurgical Wound Healing: A Review. Cureus. 2020 Jan 25;12(1):e6770. doi: 10.7759/cureus.6770. PMID: 32140337; PMCID: PMC7039353.
Lin PH, Sermersheim M, Li H, Lee PHU, Steinberg SM, Ma J. Zinc in Wound Healing Modulation. Nutrients. 2017 Dec 24;10(1):16. doi: 10.3390/nu10010016. PMID: 29295546; PMCID: PMC5793244.
Ostojic SM, Arsic M, Prodanovic S, Vukovic J, Zlatanovic M. Glucosamine administration in athletes: effects on recovery of acute knee injury. Res Sports Med. 2007 Apr-Jun;15(2):113-24. doi: 10.1080/15438620701405248. PMID: 17578751
Lisa Lynn, Clinical Metabolic Nutrition & Fitness Expert and Associate Chaplain. Best known for her 18+ years as Martha Stewart’s trainer, who was responsible for Martha’s over-50 amazing physical transformation that caught the attention of Dr. Oz, leading to her many appearances on the Dr. Oz Show. Lisa is not just another trainer; she herself lost 40 pounds and has kept it off, even with a sluggish thyroid and menopause.
- Lisa Lynn