Holiday Survival Tips To Prevent Weight Gain
So what's the harm in a little holiday weight gain, especially if it's just a pound? According to researchers at the National Institutes of Health, most Americans never lose the weight they gain during the winter holidays. The pounds add up year after year, making holiday weight gain an important factor in adult obesity.
Scared you’ll gain back all of the weight you lost this year? Research says you should be. It’s the only way you’ll prevent gaining weight and the best part? You won’t have to lose it again!
If you’re stressed by the sight of that holiday spread, take deep breaths and pull out this list before you grab a plate or put a single bit into your mouth. Research suggests that women (men too) who practice prevention techniques are able to prevent weight gain and they feel less stressed.
Here are the Top Six things you can do to keep calm and kick cravings and weight gain to the curb.
#1: STOP eating at 7 p.m.
#2: Exercise on Empty
Exercising on an empty stomach preps your body for fat burning by lowering blood sugar levels and glycogen levels. In fact, if you stop eating by 7 p.m., and you exercise 12 hours later, that's even better. You'll burn more fat. A 12-hour fast can do wonders for your weight loss.
#3: Do "Shots" Every Day
Yes, you heard me right… do “Shots” of LynFit Daily Power Shot at least once daily to keep your body nourished and naturally energized, so you crave less.
Daily Power Shot also helps you recover from a hangover or a night of heavy drinking by replacing the nutrients lost during a binge, so you feel better within minutes of your first shot of Daily Power Shot.
Warning! This stuff is addicting. You’ll never want to live without it once you’ve tried it. It’s irresistibly delicious and is the best way to combat the winter blues. If you struggle with Seasonal Affective Disorder, you should add extra vitamin D and LynFit Pure Omega 3 as well to help kick it to the curb.
#4: Forget About Cardio Workouts and Lift Weights Instead
- They burn twice as many calories compared to conventional workouts, including CrossFit workouts.
- Metabolic boosting workouts train the entire body in every workout.
- They are the only workouts that promote weight loss.
- They accelerate fat burning, and if you supplement correctly, they also prevent fat from being reabsorbed.
- Metabolic boosting workouts are only 30 minutes in length, and you only need to do them three times weekly.
- No gym is required (this removes all the excuses).
- Everyone can do these workouts, no matter what their fitness level is.
- They won't bulk you up. Rather, they will tone and tighten. You'll see results the first week you start.
- They’re safer so you won’t get hurt, making it easier to be consistent.
- You do have to get off the couch.
- You will have to stop training the way you have been, which can be difficult for workout addicts.
- If you want bulk or you need to gain weight, these aren’t the best workout for you.
#5: Boost Your Metabolism 25% By Drinking a LynFit Protein Shake After Your Workout
A metabolic boosting Protein Shake can not only make you feel too full to eat (thanks to the amino acid, glutamine), it also boosts metabolism 25% and blocks cortisol levels. Cortisol is the stress hormone that is elevated this time of year in just about everyone, making us gain weight, specifically around our mid-section, without excessive eating.
WARNING: Over-exercising or exercising too hard can also escalate these hormones, so thinking that you’ll work off those excess calories won’t work.
#6: Take 2 and Lose in the Morning
If you want to avoid that dreaded holiday weight gain, you’ll need to implement these tips. Prevention is always the best cure. Make your holidays leaner with the help of LynFit weight loss support products.
As you already know, there is no offseason when it comes to preventing weight gain. If you are struggling and need help, please email us. We are happy to help support you through this difficult time of year!
- Lisa Lynn