Chocolate Raspberry Clean Keto Ice Cream
Ingredients for the Chocolate Flake and Topping:
- (12 oz./340 grams) Semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- (3 tbsp.) Coconut oil
Ingredients for the Ice Cream:
- (8 oz./225 grams) Frozen raspberries (don’t defrost)
- (2 scoops) Chocolate Truffle Protein Powder
- Dash of honey
- Want more flavor? Add (1 tsp.) Freeze-dried raspberry powder (optional)
1. Make the chocolate flake and topping: Mix the chocolate and oil in a heatproof bowl fitted over a saucepan of simmering water. Gently heat and stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is glossy and smooth. Set aside ½ cup to use as the flake and the rest for the topping. You can make the topping up to 5 days ahead and keep it covered in the refrigerator. Warm to melt before using.
2. Make the ice cream: Blend the ingredients for one minute or until the texture is smooth then
pour the blended mixture into an ice tray and freeze. When frozen, empty the frozen mixture from the ice tray into a blender. Gently blend until creamy, or desired texture.
3. Cover and refrigerate the mixture for up to 1 day.
4. Just before the ice cream is done, gradually drizzle a little of the reserved warmed chocolate flake. Blend for another minute to fully incorporate the flakes.
5. Once the ice cream is ready to serve, take the container out 5 minutes before scooping. (Its texture is best after it’s had a few minutes on the counter.)
6. Rewarm the remaining chocolate topping and pour it over the individual servings of ice cream. It will immediately harden into a chocolate shell.
Lisa Lynn, Clinical Metabolic Nutrition & Fitness Expert. Best known for her 18+ years as Martha Stewart’s trainer, who was responsible for Martha’s over-50 amazing physical transformation that caught the attention of Dr. Oz, leading to her many appearances on the Dr. Oz Show. Lisa is not just another trainer; she herself lost 40 pounds and has kept it off, even with a sluggish thyroid and menopause.
- Lisa Lynn