Boost Your Metabolism By Boosting Your Fiber Intake With Lean Bars
Full confession — I'm addicted to LynFit Lean Bars. They have become my grab-and-go meal, and the #1 go-to food when I need to eat on the run or my sweet tooth yells and cravings hit (like every day). Thankfully, they satisfy me more than any candy, cookie, or cake.....seriously!
Since I've been eating Lean Bars daily, my health has improved, and I no longer fall off the weight loss wagon due to my ferocious, undying sweet tooth. So if you're a Lean Bar lover like me, you're going to love this great news. And if you're not, you just might change your mind after reading about this research.
By now I'm sure you're aware of fiber's importance and its reputation as a "keep you feeling full" nutritional hero. It gets even better, though. It turns out that certain fibers, such as prebiotic fiber (the kind found in LynFit Lean Bars), may also be a real superhero when it comes to the fountain of youth.
Research agrees. A new Australian study followed the diets and health statuses of over 1,600 adults for a 10-year period. At the beginning of the study, all the subjects were age 49 or over and free of any chronic disease. Over the course of the 10-year study period, only 15.5 percent of the subjects remained disease-free.
Looking at various aspects of diet, the researchers noted that fiber intake proved to be the most telling and biggest predictor of healthy aging, by a long shot. Study subjects that consumed the most fiber were 80 percent more likely to remain fully functional and free of any chronic disease.
These findings don't surprise me at all. Over the past 20 years, fiber has earned its reputation for its impressive list of full-service health benefits. Benefits that include reducing appetite, lowering glucose and cholesterol levels, improving digestive function, and most notably, feeding the all-important microbiome — better known as gut bacteria.
Prebiotics & Obesity
Although gastrointestinal physicians have long known that a disproportionate amount of unhealthy bacteria live in the guts of overweight patients, until now there has been no conclusive data on how prebiotic fiber might aid with considerable weight loss.
Now, however, findings show that not only do overweight individuals suffer from an unhealthy bacterial mix in the gut, but also incorporating a regimen of prebiotics into the diet helps these same overweight individuals lose weight, according to Belgian researchers at the Université Catholique de Louvain and published in the peer-reviewed British Journal of Nutrition.
There is now an enormous amount of research that has occurred on gut microbiome (gut bacteria). The forefront of this research has been looking directly at the microbiome and bacterial makeup, and its relationship to the development of obesity and being overweight. As with everything we say at LynFit, there must be good science behind it first. Medical credibility is #1 on our list.
Microbiome (gut bacteria) controls your health. Prebiotic fiber nourishes your gut microbes and keeps your gut strong and fit and in good working order. So it's crucial that you eat fibrous vegetables (see veggie examples HERE and in The Metabolism Solution) and at least one LynFit Lean Bar daily.
A LynFit Lean Bar A Day Keeps The Pounds Away
Our busy lives make it difficult to meet our daily fiber numbers, but if you eat a LynFit Lean Bar daily, you'll be more than a third of the way to nailing your daily fiber intake goal. Studies show we should consume 30 grams of fiber daily. Preferably the prebiotic fiber like that found in LynFit Lean Bars. This specific fiber will help keep you regular, which helps to keep your stomach flat, unlike other fibers that will bloat you.
That's exactly the reason I made sure LynFit Lean Bars contain as much prebiotic fiber as possible. Each Lean Bar contains 9–10 grams of a unique prebiotic fiber to help keep you regular and feeling full.
The truth is, you simply cannot buy a better protein bar!
To get the most health and metabolic boosting benefits from the fiber you eat, you need to have an abundance of good bacteria residing in your colon. Here are some key strategies for establishing and maintaining a robust supply of fat-fighting, beneficial gut bacteria:
- Eat a LynFit Lean Bar every day
- Make your own high-fiber protein shake/smoothie
- Make a fiber-bomb dessert: Pour pre-made LynFit Complete Protein Shake over fresh cut peaches
- Take 2–3 LynFit Raspberry Ketone Cleanse every night with dinner. LynFit Raspberry Ketone Cleanse is a custom blended supplement containing nutrients that help your body digest food, so you're less prone to constipation. It's gentle enough to use every day.
- It's crucial to eat an abundance of plant-based, high-fiber foods daily. Good bacteria feed off of fiber and the more "real food" fiber you eat, the more good bacteria you will have in your gut. This is the most effective and powerful of all these strategies. Honestly, if you don't eat an abundance of fiber, success is almost impossible.
- Include fermented foods that contain live bacteria in your diet. Foods like sauerkraut and kimchi.
- Include superstar fiber content fruits and veggies in your diet. Foods like raspberries, snow peas, green apples, pears, canned tomato products, pumpkin, cauliflower, spinach, asparagus, broccoli, carrots, Brussel sprouts, okra, and artichoke hearts.
- Eat more beans. Strive for one serving daily, but be careful to measure out your serving. Beans pack a calorie punch. If you're still in the weight loss phase, eat beans instead of your usual protein at dinner. A typical serving is only ¼–½ of a cup. Every bean is different so be sure to check labels. Measure for measure, beans provide more fiber than any other food (about 3–4 times more than other fruits and veggies). All of them are fiber superstars so choose the ones you enjoy the most.
- Don't take antibiotics unless medically indicated. And, if you must take an antibiotic, be sure to take a daily probiotic supplement as directed (over-the-counter) while you are on the antibiotic and for a full two weeks after that.
- Gardening is great for immunity. Get out in nature and get dirty. The soil contains a whole ecosystem of good bacteria. Gardening is highly recommended, especially vegetable gardening. Why not grow your own?
A startling recent discovery has shown that most overweight people have a bad mix of colon bacteria. This bad mix is technically called dysbiosis. What causes this type of bad bacterial mix to occur? It is the type of diet, often high-meat and saturated fat, that overweight people have eaten for many years.
Prebiotics are not probiotics. A probiotic is a live bacteria that you take by mouth, as in yogurt or a pill, in the hope that it will make a beneficial change in the digestive tract. A prebiotic, on the other hand, is a plant fiber, a specialized form of soluble fiber that has distinct actions within the colon.
Simply put, these fibers are the fuel that drives the very best bacteria already in the colon to vigorously multiply. We know these good bacteria can and do grow and divide every 20 minutes if there is enough nourishment around. Keeping a rich supply of the best prebiotics, found in LynFit Lean Bars, in the colon is simply the healthiest thing you can do to prevent dysbiosis in the colon.
Quite simply, prebiotics are what makes LynFit Lean Bars different from every other protein bar on the market. They are the best protein bar you can buy.
Lean Bars are LynFit's very own custom-blended protein bar. They are made fresh (some by hand, not machine-made), making sure to protect these superhero prebiotics. How special are they? Special enough that the band Chicago's own Tris Imboden considers them his go-to snack food. As Tris says, "I simply won't go on the road without a supply of LynFit Lean Bars!"
LynFit blends weight loss and health management together in its Lean Bars. By combining, it becomes a holistic approach, which is needed for lasting weight loss to occur.
An important note to remember — you cannot overdose on fiber. If mild bloating should occur as your body adjusts, simply reduce the amount you're consuming. Make sure you're drinking enough water to help flush things out. You may even want to try drinking hot water with lemon every day.
The prebiotics found in LynFit Lean Bars will tend to encourage an acidity within the colon. This is very healthy and is the desired effect as it's what protects us from disease. Thankfully, when this does happen, smelly rectal gas or flatus does not develop. When rectal gas no longer has a bad smell, you know you are getting enough fiber. And, if you haven't arrived at that point yet.......simple, go back and read above.
NOTE: You may need to make sure you're allowing yourself enough time each day to go to the bathroom. Sorry to be so graphic, but constipation affects almost everyone when they change their diet. It also slows down and masks weight loss.
A Leaky Gut?
When you have bad bacteria and dysbiosis in the colon, the colon wall itself weakens and allows toxins, unwanted chemicals, and even bacteria parts to seep into the bloodstream and reach your liver. Eventually, your general health declines due to the toxins that are released and absorbed.
Toxins are bad for everyone, especially if you're overweight. They lead to chronic inflammation (aches, pains, and stiffness) throughout the body, and contribute to high blood pressure and heart disease. They also contribute to obesity due to the rise in blood sugar levels.
Dysbiosis is clearly related to increased insulin resistance and difficulty in blood sugar control. However, medical trials have shown that correcting dysbiosis with prebiotics, like the ones found in LynFit Lean Bars, make Diabetes 2 easier to control.
Colon and breast cancer are also associated with obesity and dysbiosis. There is much research being done to unravel the cause and effect. It is known, however, that you are in a different and worse group altogether if you are overweight and have dysbiosis.
If bad bacteria are present, or you become constipated, your body may not absorb nutrients, liquids, vitamins, and the minerals it should. This leads to feelings of fatigue, cause illness, and prevents weight loss. Have you ever wondered why you can't lose weight when you're not eating much? Now you know. All the more reason for establishing and maintaining that robust supply of good gut bacteria. It's also a good reason to make sure you're not constipated by taking LynFit Raspberry Ketone Cleanse.
It is quite surprising that so much medical research has occurred so quickly in this area. So, let's review what we've learned:
- A predominance of good bacteria in the gut makes fewer calories than when bad bacteria are predominant.
- There is a hunger hormone made in the wall of the stomach. Less of this hormone is made when prebiotics are a rich part of your diet. You have less hunger.
- There are satiety or fullness hormones made in the wall of the small intestine. Prebiotics increase the release of these beneficial hormones to give you an earlier sense of fullness when you eat.
- A leaky gut is corrected, and the passage of toxins and other unwanted materials into the blood is slowed down or stopped.
- Blood sugar control is better, and there is less insulin resistance, which helps promote weight loss.
- Inflammation in the gut and body is reduced.
- Believe it or not, when a good bacterial balance is present in the gut, different chemical signals are sent to the brain via the blood stream. Positive behavioral emotions seem to occur, perhaps even changing your eating habits. Mood and emotions seem to improve.
1. Delzenne, Nathalie M., Neyrinck, Audrey M., Cani, Patrice D. (2013) Gut microbiota and metabolic disorders: how prebiotic can work? Brit J of Nutr 109, Suppl. S2. S81-S85.
- Lisa Lynn