Staying Healthy through Cold and Flu Season
It’s cold and flu season and everyone is running to get the flu shot. That’s not the only thing you need to do to stay healthy! Every day we are infected with viruses and IF our immune systems are strong enough they will fight them off and we will not get sick BUT if we are under stress, become anxious or aren’t eating or sleeping right, our immune systems won’t be strong enough to fight off these harmful viruses. I’m not saying that I am for or against the flu vaccine, BUT have you ever asked yourself …if the flu shot works then why are so many people getting the flu?
DID you know…
- The flu shot has to be in your system for 2 weeks to become effective and offer full immunity
- Most people actually contact the flu while they are waiting to get their shot and that’s why they get sick right after, it’s NOT from the vaccine.
- The flu does NOT protect you from the basic cold, respiratory illness, sinus infection, pneumonia, bronchitis or stomach flu, it only protects you from the flu!
- The studies that support the flu vaccine over-state their effectiveness
Did you know that IF our immune systems are strong enough they can protect us from colds and flu and even the most deadly diseases?
Here are the best ways to SUPER CHARGE your immunity to stay healthy for life NOT just cold and flu season
●Stay hydrated by drinking lots of fluids especially HOT TEA. Drinking hot tea/fluids has been shown to help wash the bacteria into your digestive tract, where the “Chemical Stew” in your stomach can kill off the germs before they spread throughout your body. You can also gargle with warm water w/ salt or Listerine to help remove bacteria that sits in the back of your throat for instant relief.
●My favorite IMMUNE BOOSTER is AHCC also known as medicinal mushrooms. AHCC is THE most researched specialty immune ingredient in the world. These medicinal mushrooms turn up the dial on your natural immune response to help fight off a wide range of immune system threats. * Take AHCC along with your flu shot to help boost your immunity.
● Eat specifically to boost your immunity. Pre (NOT PRO) Biotics are one of the oldest tricks in the books when it comes to staying healthy. LynFIT’s Lean Bars contain Pre Biotics which help “FEED and grow” the good bacteria that’s found in our guts and help produce a strong immunity! Pre Biotics are also known to improve digestive health like Irritable Bowel Syndrome, antibiotic or traveler’s diarrhea or colitis by normalizing bowel function and Pre biotic fiber also aids in calcium absorption! Who knew eating a LynFIT Chewy Chocolate Lean Bar would be so good for your health and your weight loss! What a lot of people don’t know is that taking pro biotics takes the job of producing good bacteria away from your body! Super charging your immunity is all about getting your body to do the job and be good at it versus taking lots of supplements that do it and actually make it worse because your body’s defense system can go to sleep instead of becoming a strong fighting army that’s ready for combat when we are faced with illness or disease.
●Experts all agree that taking vitamin C, Zinc, among other Anti-Oxidant fighters, are worth the expense when it comes to fighting off illness. Who wants to take 30 different supplements when you’re not feeling well or wait until they work? NOT ME! I depend on LynFIT”S Daily power shot because it’s loaded with vitamin C, Zinc and all of the anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals that boost immunity and because it’s in a liquid form, it’s digested faster and you feel better faster! If you are really struggling and low on energy, take the Daily Power Shot again before a workout to provide fast energy to help get you through the most grueling workouts!
●KEEP MOVING to boost immunity- Exercise can either boost immunity or hurt it. In order to boost your body’s immune response you need to do less. I suggest doing 50% of you usual workout or only giving it 50% of your energy. You should always leave a workout wanting more not over doing it! Try my recovery stretch you’ll feel a little better and your body won’t be so stiff!
- Lisa Lynn