Diet Disaster’s that STOP you from losing weight! December 11 2012
Please don’t shoot the messenger! I don’t make the rules…..I just report them! All day long I hear “It was just a little” I only have “it” once in a while. The reality is that you still need to lose weight; you are having it too much! My message to anyone who wants to lose weight is…give the food or drink up for 30 days and then decide if its’ hurting your weight loss or not. We all seem to underestimate our bad behavior and overestimate our good behavior. It’s true! Start keeping an honest food journal and BE honest with yourself. Start writing down every single thing that goes in your mouth as well as how much and what you put on it. Which brings me to my point. Sometimes its not the HUGE things that wreck our diets, most of the time it is the tiny little things that we don’t even think need to be written down in our journals.
Here are the top things that NO ONE ever writes down that will definitely STOP your weight loss.
- Cheese 2 oz of reduced fat cheese = 180 calories and 12 grams of fat.
- ALCOHOL 1 ounce = 90 calories and who uses 1 ounce?
- ¼ cup of trail mix = 640 calories. That’s about 4 handfuls
- Peanut Butter 2 Tbsp reduced fat 190 calories
- Mayonaise 1 tbsp = 100 calories
- Pasta 1 cup of small spirals = 315 calories
The reality is that if you are serious about losing weight these foods have no place in your diet. I suggest that you stay away from them for 30 days so that you can see what an impact these foods have on your waistline. Once you reach your weight goal you can begin putting some of the foods back into your life HOWEVER…what you do to lose weight is also what keeps the weight off so this needs to become a way of life! If we struggle with certain foods the best remedy is to stay away from them. Why fight with yourself! Here are a few solutions that can help you to lose weight and they can replace the foods that are high calorie diet wreckers!
- Cheese-Look for the 100 calorie snacks like cheese it’s or sprinkle parmesan cheese on your salads instead to get your fix.
- Alcohol- Sorry if you’re trying to lose weight in your midsection….none is better than some here. BUT if you really have to go for a white wine spritzer or simply use a smaller wine glass and don’t fill it all the way. WATER IS your BEST SOLUTION!!
- Go for the 100-calorie snack packs! If it is salt that you are craving aim for salty snacks if it is sweet aim for a sweet 100-calorie snack.
- Instead of peanut butter go for a peanut butter protein bar that is 100 calories or as close to 100 calories as possible.
- Go for Kraft or Smart balance mayo instead of full fat may and you will only be getting 10 calories per tablespoon.
- Use veggies instead as a base for your tomato sauce/gravy and top it with a turkey meatball!
If you can’t portion control it DON’T EAT IT! You will better off and you will feel better I guarantee it!