Losing those last five or 10 pounds can be downright impossible. The bottom line is … it is all about numbers! All you have to do is take your goal weight and multiply it by 10 – and that is the correct amount of calories that you should be taking in each day in order to reach your goal weight. The hard part is HOW do you decrease your calories without giving up even more?
In order to lose those last 10 stubborn pounds, you need to think beyond the fat you are burning in your workout and focus on the amount of fat you are eating or storing the other 23 hours of the day. The less fat and excess calories you eat the less you will have to work off! TRANSLATION: It is 80 percent diet and 20 percent sweat.
I could go on for days about this. So many people say, “I just have to exercise.” The reality is yes, you do need to exercise, but what you put in your mouth counts more than you think. Below are a few things that you NEED to be doing if you are serious about losing those last 10 stubborn pounds, especially if you want the weight that you lose to be from fat.
But before we get to that, there is a HUGE difference between being leaner and being lighter. Being leaner with a slimmer waistline should always be your goal. It is healthier and it looks much better! The key to a lean tight body that doesn’t jiggle is lifting weights three times a week and making sure you do your cardio every day for 45-60 minutes. This fitness formula is ALWAYS the recipe for success! It works every time even if you have the most stubborn metabolism.
The 5 things that you NEED to do to lose those last 10 STUBBORN pounds:
1. Eat only the white part of the egg. Yolks have 7 grams of fat per yolk. You should be eating no more than 20 grams of fat per day MAX if you want to lose body fat.
2. Eat your salads with fat-free dressings. Each tablespoon of oil that you use is 120 calories and 14 grams of fat! REMINDER: If you are eating too much fat, your body will not burn it.
3. Eat proper portion sizes. An extra 3 ounces of chicken means an extra 7 grams of fat or having an extra serving of rice or pasta can mean overeating by as much as 300 calories – and that’s more than you burn in your workouts most of the time.
4. Never eat carbs at night or past 3 p.m. for that matter. Think green and beige for dinner: a serving of protein and a large salad with fat-free dressing.
5. Pull out all of the stops. Fat is very stubborn, especially when you are down to the last 10 pounds. This is when you really need fat-burning supplements. Look for supplements that include L-carnitine or white kidney bean; if your metabolism is really stuck, you may need to use raspberry ketones to push your body into the fat-burning zone. The supplements will make sure that the excess fat gets pulled into the cell to be burned for fuel. One of the best weight-loss tricks of all time is to replace a meal with a complete protein shake; this is also one of the best ways to boost your metabolism by 25% as well as improve your health!