5 Habits That Boost Your Metabolism
Most people start a new workout routine or diet at the beginning of a new year, but I say Fall is the best time of year to get in shape. When summer turns to Fall our daily schedules get back to normal and that makes it easier to get back on track with our fitness routines.
I suggest kick-starting your weight loss with my Fall Fitness Challenge. It will help you focus on one new behavior each day, and by the end of the month you will have mastered them all. You will shed some pounds and melt some fat in the process.
Here are 5 metabolic boosting, weight loss habits that will jump-start your Fall Fitness Challenge:
Work Out at Home for Faster, Easier Weight Loss
Home workouts are better for weight loss because you use less machines that can bulk you up. Machines aren't as good as free weights when it comes to toning and tightening. Metabolic workouts are the best way to transform your body fast and all you need is the Metabolic Workout DVD, a pair of dumbbells and 30 minutes. You can't even get to and from the gym in that amount of time, let alone get your workout done. With metabolic home workouts you'll start seeing results in one week. If you're not seeing changes in your body you're not doing the right workout.
You can also find metabolic workouts in my book, "The Metabolism Solution".
Eat More Yummy Veggies
When you eat the right thermogenic vegetables you not only stay fuller longer, you'll also kill cravings. This time of year we all crave comfort foods. Try this simple thermogenic, irresistibly delicious vegetable soup to kill those cravings and satisfy that need for comfort food.
Chicken Soup for the Metabolism
(8) cups chicken stock or fat free, lower sodium chicken broth
(2) cups diagonally sliced carrots
(1) cup chopped onion
½ teaspoon black pepper
(2) 4oz. skinless, bone in chicken thighs
(1) 12oz. skinless, bone in chicken breast half
(2) cups diagonally sliced celery
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
Celery leaves (optional)
Combine stock and chicken in a large pot over medium-high heat, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Remove chicken from the pot and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove chicken from the bones and shred meat into bite-sized pieces. Discard bones.
Add carrots, celery and onion to pot; cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add chicken, salt and black pepper. Cook until done and add celery leaves if desired.
Boost Mood and Metabolism with LynFit Vitamin D3 Boost and LynFit Daily Power Shot
You'll boost mood, metabolism and immunity, which is critical this time of year when seasonal affective disorders kick in. When we feel better we eat better and feel up to working out. That's the best way to boost a sluggish metabolism and melt belly fat fast.
Each morning when you wake up take a Daily Power Shot for nourishing and fast acting energy, along with a D3 Boost and you'll feel better naturally all day long.
Another reason we fall off the lean eating wagon is our sleep patterns are off. It's a good idea to take LynFit Lean Sleep 1-2 hours before bedtime so that you fall asleep fast and wake up feeling refreshed. Lean Sleep regulates sleep patterns which help lower cortisol so you lose belly fat faster and easier. Cortisol is secreted when we are stressed. It's important to sleep 7 hours each night to help lower cortisol, making it easier to lose belly fat.
You'll love how this makes you feel and you'll notice that you crave less because you're well rested. In fact, most herbal sleeping remedies contain ingredients that actually slow metabolism, making it harder to lose weight.
For more information on sleep patterns, read Chapter 3 in "The Metabolism Solution".
Have the Right Go-To Food When Cravings Kick In
Another reason we fall off the clean-eating wagon is we crave and feel deprived. It's important to have the right go-to foods around when those cravings kick in. I usually grab a LynFit Lean Bar. On the weekend I make Peanut Butter Balls that are not only healthy but also good for you. 3 of them are only 99 calories if you leave oatmeal out of the recipe. You can find the recipe in "The Metabolism Solution".
LynFit 30 Day Fall Fitness Challenge
I DARE YOU to try each and every one of these tips over the next 30 days.
NOW is the perfect time to lose that excess weight you've been carrying around BEFORE the holidays roll around.
LynFit's 30 Day Fall Fitness Challenge is unlike other fitness challenges because each and every tip will cause you to melt fat, not just lose weight. These tricks will transform your body fast no matter your age or how slow your metabolism might be. If you've been stuck in a rut this is the best way to break out of it.
By adding these extra tricks each day you will rev up your metabolism so you'll melt fat. CHALLENGE yourself to do at least 1 healthy habit every day for 30 days. If you follow the Metabolic Boosting Cleanse, found in “The Metabolism Solution”, you can expect to lose 1 pound per day.
Why 30 days? It takes 21 days to break a bad habit and start a new one. So I added 10 extra days for practice! I encourage you to go out of your comfort zone and try new things. You might be surprised at what challenging yourself can do!
How will you ever know what you can do if you don't try? Invite a friend to join you for accountability and to help you stay on track. Post your experience on Facebook to help inspire others.
I DARE YOU TO try each and every one of these tips over the next 30 days. Are you ready? All that's left to do is lose weight! Ready..... Set..... Go.....
- Replace 2 meals with Complete Protein Shakes. DO NOT add any fruit or extra calories to the Shakes.
- Plank for 2 minutes.
- Walk for 60 minutes. Already walk for 60? Add another 15 minutes.
- Don't eat between meals! You'll survive, I promise!
- Do the Lean Core workout in addition to The Metabolic Booster.
- Eat at least 10 servings of vegetables today.
- Lift heavier weights during your workout today and do the same amount of reps.
- Drink your coffee black.
- Do LynFit's Metabolic Booster workout and walk 60 minutes today.
- Eat ONLY between the hours of 9am and 5pm.
- Do 30 repetitions instead of the usual 12-15 while doing the Metabolic Workout.
- Take Pure Omega at 12 noon and again at 3pm to halt cravings before they begin and balance blood sugar levels.
- Exercise 2 times today - before breakfast and after dinner.
- Add a set of 100 repetitions of power squats to your day.
- Eat a Lean Bar for lunch with a cup of tea.
- Do 10 push-ups every hour today.
- Drink a 6oz. glass of water every hour.
- Do the Recovery Stretch at the end of your day.
- Take Carb Edge 3 times today instead of 2.
- Do a set of 15 jumping jacks in between each set of exercises (hit pause during Metabolic Booster).
- Skip that one food you crave. You'll prove to yourself that you can do it.
- Do your favorite stretch 3 times today.
- Eat only leafy greens today to incinerate fat (use only zero calorie dressing).
- Double or triple your cardio today.
- Take Cutting Edge before your workout to burn more fat.
- Do Power 30, Recovery Stretch, and walk today. It's a fitness marathon.
- Go to bed 1 hour earlier tonight and wake up refreshed. Can't sleep? Take Lean Sleep.
- Do as many rounds as you can of plank for 2 minutes, 100 squats, 20 push-ups and 20 jumping jacks - time yourself.
- Drink a Complete Protein Shake for dinner tonight and have egg whites for breakfast instead. You'll wake up lean.
- Congratulate yourself if you did even 80% of these tips. You nailed it. It takes courage, perseverance and willpower to do new things. Celebrate with a massage or your favorite non-food item.
Want even more daily fat loss tips? Here are some bonus tips that blast fat fast!
- Swap your usual fruit with a green vegetable instead
- Don't drink alcohol for a month
- Don't "cheat" for 30 days
- Workout every day for 30 days
- Don't eat carbs (except vegetables) for 30 days
- Don't eat cheese for 30 days
- Skip the creamer or milk (skim too) for 30 days
- Eat fish for 2 weeks instead of chicken
Lose One Pound Every Day Doing One Thing
And what is that one thing you can do every day to guarantee weight loss? It's making sure that you drink a protein shake (or eat a LynFit Lean Bar) to ensure that your body gets the exact amount of lean protein it needs to boost metabolism.
Failing to meet your body's protein requirements slows your metabolism to a screeching halt. But there is a caveat: Not all protein is created equal. In fact, most proteins (commercially purchased protein shakes and bars) are actually geared to help you gain weight because they are made from inferior sources of protein and loaded with hidden fat and sugar. What you are taking with an assumption that it's helping you lose weight just may be sabotaging your weight loss efforts.
Over 25 years ago I searched the globe to find the cleanest, purest protein sources available. I established relationships with world-class flavorists (Martha Stewart was my taste tester) to create an irresistibly delicious tasting shake and protein bar that would boost metabolism to make losing weight easier and faster. It also needed to provide the body with needed amino acids and essential nutrients. LynFit's protein shakes and lean bars had to be made from the highest quality, cleanest ingredients and be free of gluten.
Now LynFit has done it again - Only better this time!
I am pleased to announce the arrival of my latest creation, LynFit Complete Protein Advanced. For all the sluggish, "I can't seem to lose weight" metabolisms, the Complete Protein Advanced is for you!
Complete Protein Advanced contains only 120 calories, 2g of fat and 1g of sugar; making weight loss even better. Complete Protein Advanced comes in two delicious flavors, Vanilla Cream and Chocolate Cream; allowing you to crave what's good for you. See what makes Complete Protein Advanced different along with all the details HERE.
By now you know that protein is critical for weight loss. But it's also just as important for your overall health. Ask any doctor, nutritionist or trainer. He or she will likely tout protein's benefits for preserving lean muscle as well as its recovery and immunity boosting properties. When it comes to boosting your metabolism and ridding that "hard to lose" belly fat, not all proteins are created equal.
Protein is a macro-nutrient that supplies 20 different amino acids for the human body. Amino acids are necessary and essential building blocks that are used to:
- Enhance metabolism
- Preserve lean muscle tissue, help heal and repair muscles and tissue
- Make hemoglobin, which carries oxygen to cells
- Form antibodies that fight infection and disease
- Produce hormones and enzymes that regulate body processes
Protein can also play a role in weight loss. Research shows that eating adequate amounts of protein may help prevent muscle loss while dieting, and promotes satiety; feelings of fullness. Protein also increases thermogenesis which helps the body digest and absorb nutrients. However, that doesn't mean you can eat any kind of protein and still lose weight. As I talked about previously, the wrong kind of protein can actually stop weight loss as it may be higher in fat than than you realize. And since most of us don't weigh and measure our food, we tend to overeat on those foods, consuming too many calories and excess fat grams.
Here's a little Lisa weight loss secret - If you're over 30 and trying to lose weight you absolutely need to replace your current breakfast with a Complete Protein Shake. If your metabolism is really slow, use the Complete Protein Advanced in order to boost your metabolism, provide the needed protein and nutrients without all the excess fat and calories.
How much protein do I really need?
Determining your protein requirements is easy. While trying to lose weight, plan on consuming 1g of lean protein for each pound of lean muscle. If you want to weigh 120 pounds you only need to consume 120g of protein even though you may currently weigh 155 pounds. That is what makes stored body fat flee and in turn, you lose weight.
When is the best time to have a protein shake?
The best time to drink a Complete Protein Shake is within 60 minutes of waking to stop cortisol (the stress hormone) from rising and to jump-start your metabolism so you burn more calories all day long. The second most important time is right after your workout to replenish lost nutrients. Actually, anytime is a good time if it walks you away from "not so healthy" foods that stop you from losing weight.
Speaking of workouts. Just because you worked out doesn't necessarily mean you need to eat. You should only eat or drink a shake if you're due for a meal (has it been 3 hours?). If not, wait until your next meal time and then make that meal a protein drink. Personally, I like to work out first thing in the morning and have my shake immediately after so both of my goals are met in one shake without overeating.
How should I make my shakes?
I think LynFit shakes taste great the way they are, mixed with ½ cup of water and 5 ice cubes. Some people like to add Vanilla Shake to their coffee instead of using milk. Feel free to experiment. Just be sure that you don't add any type of milk. Milk is for gaining weight, not losing weight.
Also, if you add fruit to you shake remember that a ½ cup of fruit is your total fruit serving for the entire day as you're trying to lower your blood sugar and burn fat. Fruit elevates blood sugar and if you've been adding it to your shakes freely that might be one reason why you can't get the scales to budge.
On a cheat day I add ½ of a frozen banana to my shake with (1) tsp of PB2 Chocolate instead of peanut butter. It's a real treat and it satisfies me to the point that I don't look for junk food. Try it; you just might love it as much as me! And make sure to check out all my delicious shake recipes HERE.
Protein facts: What you need to know
Safety, effectiveness and purity
In the United States, protein supplements are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration. They are not tested for safety and effectiveness. But, LynFit's are! LynFit's protein supplements are tested and made in a GMP lab (read more about this in my book, The Metabolism Solution) and I drink it myself so you can bet that my hand is always on the pulse. I couldn't live without it!
You'll find countless protein powder recipes in my new book, The Metabolism Solution. Crepes, ice cream, cookies, anything you crave I have a metabolism solution for. Don't be afraid to dabble in creative ways to boost the protein content of your usual recipes and foods. In the meantime, try these awesome ideas:
- Add pre-made shake to you coffee or tea instead of milk to boost weight loss
- Use only water and ice in your shakes when you're trying to lose weight. Stay away from fruit except for your cheat days.
- Try making your shake using ice cubes make with the coffee you had left over from yesterday or add (1) tbsp of granulated coffee for a real boost
- Have a shake 30 minutes before you eat out to curb your appetite and cravings
- Sweet tooth calling you? Have a delicious shake instead. Make sure to see all of my shake recipes HERE.
- Try putting your shake in the freezer for a frozen treat
Prebiotics: Secret Ingredient That Helps Burn Belly Fat
Secret ingredient in LynFit Lean Bars boosts metabolism and helps burn abdominal and belly fat!
Even Dr. OZ agrees that prebiotics are one of the best weight loss trends and LynFit's Lean Bar is the only protein bar that uses prebiotic fiber.
Prebiotics are better than probiotics when it comes to weight loss and burning abdominal fat, according to researchers. The findings, published October 9th in the Journal of Functional Foods, suggest that prebiotic fiber may help prevent intestinal fat absorption and could be an effective weight loss tool.
"Normally we digest all the food and absorb all the calories", said study researcher Peter Jones of the University of Manitoba in Canada. "We think the prebiotic fiber interfered with the absorption of those calories, so that more calories went out the tailpipe and there were fewer calories to pack on abdominal fat."
What's the difference between prebiotics and probiotics?
Probiotics are live bacteria in yogurt, other dairy products and pills. And while probiotics have been shown effective in managing certain gastrointestinal conditions, they do not have the same power when it comes to weight loss that prebiotics do. First, probiotics are delicate. Heat and stomach acid can kill them, rendering them ineffective before they've even been digested. Also, those who don't eat dairy foods for taste or dietary reasons may find ingesting adequate amounts of probiotics difficult, if not impossible. You would need to overeat on yogurt in order to obtain the amount of probiotics needed to experience change.
Prebiotics (lsomalto-oligosaccarudes/inulin) is a specialized plant fiber that beneficially nourishes the good bacteria already in the large bowel or colon. The body itself does not digest these plant fibers; instead, the fibers act as a fertilizer to promote the growth of many of the good bacteria in the gut. These, in turn, provide many digestive and general health benefits. Prebiotics such as oligofructose enriched inulin (found in LynFit Lean Bars) can change a colon makeup from bad to good, which is favorable when you're trying to lose weight and kill cravings. Prebiotics produce many other health benefits, including boosting immunity.
Why is this so important for weight loss?
There are places within the wall of the stomach and small bowel where appetite hormones are made. These hormones then enter the blood stream and signal the brain. The one in the stomach signals hunger and gives us the desire to eat food. When the different hormone in the small bowel reaches the brain it signals fullness or satiety.
I don't know about you but I don't have a "kill switch" when it comes to hunger and I need all the help I can get. That's why I need to eat at least (1) LynFit Lean Bar every day as a preventative measure.
These prebiotic reduce the blood level of the hunger hormone. The prebiotic makes us less hungry and we all need that. The same prebiotics increase the fullness or satiety hormone so we feel full sooner. If you're trying to lose weight and you struggle with cravings the Lean Bar is the perfect snack.
When trying to lose weight you should eat at least (1) Lean Bar every day because they may:
- Favorably change the bacterial makeup of the colon
- Likely reduce the number of calories absorbed through the colon wall
- Decrease the level of the hunger hormones in the blood
- Increase the level of the satiety or fullness hormone in the blood
Prebiotics aid digestion and promote weight loss and an insufficient intake can lead to weight gain and digestive issues. Not to mention, Lean Bars are clean calories that boost metabolism rather than slowing it down. Lean Bars are low in calories, contain 10 grams of prebiotic fiber, extremely low fat and low in sugar.
Rather than wreck your diet like most protein bars will do, Lean Bars can actually cause you to lose weight. I challenge you to check the Lean Bar label against any protein bar out there and I guarantee you can't find a better tasting or cleaner, leaner bar.
That's what makes Lean Bars different from all of the rest of the bars out there. They are the cleanest protein bar, providing 20 grams of high quality complete whey protein, boosting your metabolism rather than slowing it down the way others will. If you're not eating at least (1) Lean Bar every day you're sabotaging (slowing) your weight loss.
While Lean Bars may seem expensive, it's because they are All-Natural, gluten-free, and actually cost less than the fancy coffees we all drink that cause us to gain weight. Lean Bars cost less than the average snack. Here's how they measure up:
- 20 grams of high biological protein
- 10 grams of fiber from a prebiotic source
- 2.5 grams of fat
- 2.5 grams of sugar
- 11 net carbs
Most commercially purchased protein bars are inexpensive because they are made with inexpensive ingredients. LynFit knows how important protein is when it comes to losing weight and boosting your metabolism. That's why we use the same high-grade, high biological value in the Lean Bar. This is critical when losing weight because it helps:
- Kill cravings and satisfies your sweet tooth
- Prevent blood sugar swings
- Protects and preserves lean muscle tissue
- Provides natural energy
- Keeps you feeling fuller longer
- As a meal replacement when you just need to chew (when you cannot make a LynFit Complete Protein Shake)
- As a delicious snack with a cup of tea to avoid the "not-so-healthy" foods
- After your workout to replenish protein and nourish your body
The best part about Lean Bars (besides being the cleanest bar on the market) is that they are portable and need no refrigeration. You should always have one stashed in your purse, gym bag or desk. "A Lean Bar a day keeps the excess pounds away"! Don't leave home without one. Lean Bars stay fresh for months and (if needed) you can refrigerate them so they keep longer. But remember, if you do refrigerate them, they can get very hard so soften them first before eating by keeping it in your pocket close to your skin or any warm place. No more excuses that you didn't have the right food available. That's what Lean Bars are for!
For a warm delicious treat, try warming up pieces of Lean Bar in the microwave for 15-30 seconds (depending on the watts) and enjoy metabolic boosting cookies (don't forget to remove the wrapper). My personal favorite is a Tahitian Vanilla Lean Bar with skinny hot chocolate (made with Complete Protein Shake mix) and 10 minutes of peace and quiet. For more delicious recipes stay tuned for my book release, The Metabolism Solution, due out by April 15th. But don't wait - preorder now on Amazon HERE, and please leave a review.
Lose 1 pound a day with the Lean Protein Bar diet:
- Eat between the hours of 8am and no later than 8pm
- Drink 8-10 (8) ounce glasses of water daily
- Be sure there are 3 hours between meals and snacks for proper digestion
- For proper food choices and serving sizes, please see the list HERE
The most important aspect of this weight loss plan is the sound nutrition that the Lean Bar and Complete Protein Shake deliver. If you need to start slow then that's where you should start. You can always add supplements in later and you'll still lose weight.
(1) LynFit Cutting Edge with a large glass of water or hot tea
(1) Strawberry Lean Bar and (1) Complete Protein Shake made with (1) scoop of powder (see suggestion above), hot tea or black coffee
Metabolic Boosting Supplements: (1) LynFit Carb Edge and (1) Cutting Edge
Huge tossed salad made with leafy greens, 1-2 servings of a warm vegetable, 3-4 ounces of fish (if you don't like fish, 2 ounces of chicken or 3 egg whites), large hot tea or water
Metabolic Boosting Supplements: (2) LynFit Raspberry Ketone Cleanse
Your LynFit Shopping List:
Back To Basics To Boost Your Metabolism
There are 3 critical things you need to do if you want to lose weight:
- Follow the Slimmer by Dinner Meal Plan and be sure to use LynFit Complete Protein Shakes as they are specifically geared to boost your metabolism 25%, allowing you to lose weight faster. *Do not add milk or fruit as this will slow your weight loss.
- Slim-Firm-Tone by doing the Metabolic Boosting Workouts 3 times per week. LynFit's metabolic workouts use the science of Metabolic Circuits to crank up your calorie-burn by boosting your metabolism. These workouts are the most effective when it comes to reshaping your body without adding bulk. All you need is a pair of dumbbells. Think the intensity is too much for you? No problem! Simply do what you can at your own pace and you'll be fit enough in no time. But remember, you have to start somewhere! Still don't think you're ready? Start with the Recovery Stretch and walking every day.
Are you ready to flatten your belly, tone your arms and thighs and slim your butt? Clients are telling me how much they love these workouts because they are challenging and fun and they have seen first-hand how effective they are for making their bodies healthier and fitter. Their clothes are falling off within one week of switching from their previous workouts to the Metabolic Boosting Workouts.
Nothing makes me happier than to hear all of these success stories. Please send me yours and be sure to watch the Cutting Edge Eating for the Ultimate Metabolic Boost to help you relearn how to eat for weight loss. You'll learn something new every time you watch it.
- End your diet dilemma by getting your cravings and appetite under control. That's where supplements come in and don't forget LynFit Lean Bars kill cravings and help you lose weight fast. Here's a little Supplement Cheat Sheet to troubleshoot your worst diet issues.
- Halt hunger and kill cravings by taking (1) LynFit Carb Edge 30 minutes before your cravings escalate or (1) LynFit Carb Edge with your lunch LynFit Complete Protein Shake and then another one at 3pm. To burn more fat faster, take (1) LynFit Cutting Edge with your breakfast LynFit Complete Protein Shake and another one before your workout. You'll burn fat faster and help lower your cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Accelerate your fat loss and boost energy by taking (1) LynFit Accelerator with your breakfast LynFit Complete Protein Shake and one mid-day, if needed.
- Halt hunger and kill cravings by taking (1) LynFit Carb Edge 30 minutes before your cravings escalate or (1) LynFit Carb Edge with your lunch LynFit Complete Protein Shake and then another one at 3pm. To burn more fat faster, take (1) LynFit Cutting Edge with your breakfast LynFit Complete Protein Shake and another one before your workout. You'll burn fat faster and help lower your cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
For advanced weight loss start switching to all-natural products for fast relief. For sleeplessness, try LynFit Lean Sleep. Constipation and bloating? Try LynFit Raspberry Ketone Cleanse and add a little Suntheanine Fiber to your LynFit Complete Protein Shake. Need to satisfy that urge to chew? Have a LynFit Lean Bar. Anxiety got you in a tizzy? Try Oxytocin or Suntheanine for fast relief that won't negatively affect your weight loss.
And above all else - Remember I'm here if you need me.
Get ready to feel Slimmer by Dinner!
- Lisa Lynn
- Tags: accelerator anxiety appetite Belly Fat body fat calories chronic pains constipation cravings detoxify Diet exercise fat-burner fitness Flu Shot Food Addiction joint pain lack of energy lean bars lisa lynn Melatonin metabolic cleanse Metabolism protein shake Raspberry ketones sleep problems Slimmer snacks stress Supplements Weight Loss
Crave Less This Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day; the one day of the year we want to feel good about ourselves, feel loved, and show love. Sadly, our overeating and struggles with cravings can make us feel just the opposite!
If you're overweight chances are you struggle with cravings and almost never feel full. According to a new study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, obese people are out of luck when it comes to suppressing the hunger hormone. Researchers discovered that the glucagon hormone, which is secreted by the body's pancreas and known to help control blood sugar levels and increase feelings of satiety after meals, had no effect on obese participants in the study. Researchers concluded that once a person becomes obese, glucagon cannot suppress the appetite or induce feelings of fullness.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention, an obese individual is one whose body mass index (BMI) is 30 or higher. The CDC also reports that the number of obese adults in the United States is nearly 40% of the population while the number of obese and overweight adults is nearly 70%!
I know from my own personal experience that lacking energy and feeling depressed and bored were the top 2 reasons I overate and struggled with cravings. My #1 goal with anyone who needs to lose weight and struggles with cravings and fatigue is to get them to feel good first so they have the energy to make a lifestyle change that melts away fat from their waistline. When we feel better we crave less and eat better too.
Here are my top recommendations for proven Feel Good Nutrition and Exercise techniques:
Morning Energy and Mood Booster that melts fat
Take (1) LynFit Accelerator with Raspberry Ketones, Green Tea and the super star ingredient Chocolate Bean Powder. These proven ingredients when combined are even more effective at boosting mood and lowering blood sugar to help reduce cravings while increasing energy, so you feel like exercising. Not only that, but you'll see the fat melt thanks to the Raspberry Ketones' fat burning properties.
Lisa Trick: Take (1) LynFit Acclerator in the morning as soon as you wake up or 30 minutes before your workout. If you're really struggling take another at 12 noon. You can even open the capsule and empty the contents into your LynFit Complete Protein Shake in the morning!
Boost Energy and Mood and Turbocharge your weight loss with the right exercise
Add Metabolic Boosting exercise in place of your regular/usual workout first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Exercise can turbocharge your fat loss and weight loss if you're doing the right kind. I always suggest that people switch to metabolism boosting exercise to get results faster and in only 30 minutes, 3 times a week. If you want to see results within the first week and turbocharge your weight loss try my Metabolic Booster 1 and 2 or Power 30 workout, as well as my new Fat Blaster which can be done every other day.
My favorite routine every week is:
Monday: Metabolic Booster 1 workout
Tuesday: Fat Blaster workout
Wednesday: Metabolic Booster 2 workout
Thursday: Lean Core workout
Friday: Power 30 workout
Saturday: Lean Core workout
Sunday: Recovery Stretch workout
I always add cardiovascular every day as you need both for maximum weight loss, especially if you struggle with a low thyroid. I ride my recumbent bike or walk on the treadmill every day for 30-45 minutes as I have a very slow metabolism and I'm not always perfect with my eating. I actually enjoy it now and look forward to my exercise time. I can do it at home and I hate missing a workout. When I do it just doesn't feel right.
This winning combination/workout system has allowed me to keep the 40 pounds off that I lost over 20 years ago and keep up with the mid-life battle of the bulge and WIN! I have never gotten injured working out like this whereas other programs always caused me some sort of issue that stopped me from working out which dampened my mood. I love that I get double the results in 1/2 the time a gym workout gives me. Who doesn't get happy hearing that?
Boost Mood and Energy with LynFit Pure Omega-3 at 3pm
Popping the LynFit Pure Omega-3 supplement at 3pm can keep you feeling full throughout the afternoon "craving hour", and according to researchers, people with high levels of Omega-3's have lower levels of depression. Fish oil also seems to boost the effects of anti-depressants and may help reduce the depressive symptoms of bipolar disorder.
But not all Omega-3's are created equal so if you're not seeing or feeling the results you need LynFit's Pure Omega-3. It's the highest quality Omega-3 you can buy, not to mention that it contains the exact amount of DHA and EPA your body needs to see and feel results. Further, it is purified to remove any possible contaminants, unlike other commercially bought Omega-3 supplements. It doesn't contain any saturated fats or fats you don't need or want. You simply cannot find a better Omega-3!
Note: Have some old Omega-3 laying around from another company? Check to make sure it has at least 500 each of DHA and EPA or it's not worth it. Also make sure that it's free of saturated fats. If not, throw it away. It's not worth taking and can actually cause more harm than good!
Evening Energy and Mood Booster that support weigh loss
Who doesn't love chocolate? Especially around Valentine's Day! We all want to eat chocolate and lose weight, right? Well now you can. LynFit's Chocolate Lean Bar (customers say that it tastes like a tootsie roll) makes the perfect snack when you're trying to lose weight and melt fat. Having a Lean Bar at night instead of your usual snack will also help you maintain your energy naturally without affecting your sleep. I refer to this as my Chocolate Diet, especially since I can be kind of a "chocoholic"!
The Lean Bar (or Chocolate Complete Protein Shake) will help boost metabolism because of the high quality whey used, which helps lower stress levels while increasing your "focus". Snacking on a healthy Lean Bar or Complete Protein Shake also keeps you alert after eating it and helps you to get through the evening without the typical weight gain "snack attack" because they make you feel better and helps you to function when you're the most tired.
LynFit uses de-fatted cocoa in its Chocolate Lean Bar and Complete Protein Shake which is not only better for weight loss because it doesn't contain excess fat like regular chocolate, but it's also high in flavanoids which have health benefits. A study found that the flavanoids found in high quality cocoa increase blood flow to the brain for 2-3 hours, helping to fight fatigue so you can get that work done that you brought home at the end of the day or to shuttle you kids to their games at night.
- Lisa Lynn
- Tags: accelerator appetite Belly Fat calories Carbs cravings depression exercise fat-burner Food Addiction holiday lack of energy lean bars lisa lynn Mental Health Metabolism multivitamins nutrients Nutrition Over-eating protein protein shake Raspberry ketones snacks stress Supplements Waistline Weight Loss Wellness
Boost Mood And Lose Belly Fat Fast
Everything we eat has an effect on our mood and either boosts metabolism or damages it. Here are 5 things that you can do right now to boost your mood and your metabolism. These techniques also help reverse damage caused by stress, unhealthy eating habits and a lack of metabolic boosting exercise.
By making a few simple adjustments to your diet you'll feel better fast and your pants will fit better as these tricks help melt abdominal fat while lifting your spirits. I know that when I feel better I eat better and the benefits can be huge, and fast!
- Avoid Skipping Meals At All Cost
Here's a great solution; never leave home without a LynFit Lean Bar! I'm addicted to them because they supply all of the nutrition our brains and bodies need, but the best part is how they taste. They are irresistibly delicious and hit the spot with a cup of green tea. LynFit Lean Bars are the only protein bar that can help you reduce belly fat because they are so clean.
- Stay Hydrated
- Forget Moderation
Moderation doesn't work! Most of us struggle to moderate "trigger" foods (almost always carbs and sugar) and when we eat them it makes us crave them even more. Trying to moderately eat foods that trigger us to eat more almost always sends us into an eating binge that leaves us feeling worse than we did before we ate.
If you absolutely must eat, reach for foods like steamed vegetables and salmon, or make Hot Chocolate with a LynFit Complete Protein Shake and sit down and read a good book or watch something that will make you laugh. Whatever you do, food is the problem not the solution. The good news is the "crazy cravings" are like mini-panic/anxiety attacks and they never last more than 5 minutes. You can survive 5 minutes!
And, don't forget to take LynFit Carb Edge regularly if you struggle with extreme hunger and cravings. It not only helps with cravings, it also blocks the unwanted carbs from being broken down into sugar and stored as fat. I suggest taking (1) LynFit Carb Edge at 11am and another at 2pm to help you through the rough times.
- Get A Boost From "Good Mood" Supplements
Certain nutrients can give you just the boost you need to get through those "tough" days. Nutrients such as amino acids (found in the LynFit Complete Protein Shake and LynFit Lean Bars) have been known to boost serotonin levels in the brain which contributes to feelings of optimism and calm.
Need more of a boost? Add B-Complex. Stress depletes our bodies of B-Vitamins creating a need for more. LynFit Cutting Edge, LynFit Carb Edge, and LynFit Accelerator with Raspberry Ketones all contain B-Complex that will not only boost your mood but also help your body burn calories while supplying you with natural energy, enhancing fat loss and curbing cravings (emotional cravings too).
Take (1) LynFit Cutting Edge with a LynFit Complete Protein Shake for breakfast and (1) LynFit Carb Edge at 11am and 2pm.
- Elevate Mood And Reduce Anxiety And Depression
This trick helps balance blood sugar so it's another way to kill cravings before they begin while helping me to melt off stubborn belly fat. I suggest taking (1) LynFit Pure Omega-3 at 3pm and again before bed. Food won't get you the amount of DHA and EPA that's needed for results. Be sure to look for at least 500 DHA and 500 EPA for maximum results. LynFit's Pure Omega-3 contains the right amount of pharmaceutical-grade Omega-3 and is purified to remove impurities so you'll see results right away and you'll feel better fast.
Still in a funk? I get it! I struggle with depression and anxiety myself and these tips have saved me. But it's important to be consistent with your health and don't forget to add exercise. Boost your mood and metabolism even further with the LynFit Metabolic Booster Video! And as always, keep living LEAN!
Drop 7 Pounds In 7 Days With A Metabolic Boosting Cleanse
I don't know about you, but I crave a cleanse after I have eaten "off plan". I don't feel good when I'm not eating right or getting enough sleep. I feel tired all the time, my cravings run my life, and I feel fat and fluffy.
I know the solution is to detox my body from all of the damage that I caused it. But I should warn you, not all cleanses are good for weight loss. In fact, most of the cleanses you see advertised actually slow down your metabolism. Did you know that juicing slows your metabolism? Juicing is great for alkalizing your body because you consume your vegetables, but it also causes hikes in blood sugar that affect your weight loss and prevent you from burning fat.
The reason cleanses are so good for us is that they make us feel re-energized. Not to mention, they reboot our metabolism when done right. We also begin eating better so we feel better right away. But that's not all that cleanses are good for. Cleansing is the best way to improve your health and jump start our weight loss plan because they are alkalizing our bodies. If our bodies are too acidic we get sick often, feel tired all the time, and struggle with weight loss. Not to mention we can't lose that stubborn fat.
All of LynFit's plans are alkalizing so they not only boost your metabolism and cause you to lose weight, but they also create vibrant health. You'll not only look better, you'll feel the best you have felt in years and your aches and pains will even subside, so you'll want to exercise!
What makes our bodies too acidic? Eating too many sweets and processed foods, meats (including chicken) and not getting enough sleep or rest.
Cleansing facts that you need to know:
We eat from Thanksgiving to New Year's and go all out like there is no tomorrow and we think we can cleanse for 1 week to fix the damage - NOT! I suggest cleansing for 30 days following a Metabolic Boosting Cleanse and allowing yourself to go off 1-2 meals per week (after 7-10 days). Keep your cheat meal light, clean and simple so you don't wreck all of your hard work. Your digestive system needs to be treated with TLC for the best health results. I usually have a fish meal made with lemon and white wine and a salad with veggies, and then frozen yogurt for dessert as my cheat meal. That's enough to make me crave going back on my cleanse.
- Our brains bathe and reboot when we sleep and if we don't sleep well enough or get enough zzz's our bodies can't reboot.
- Juicing/Drinking juices (especially if they are pre-made vs. fresh) can slow down your metabolism. When we juice on mega doses of vegetables that are raw they can affect and slow your thyroid. Eat steamed vegetables instead that won't slow your thyroid.
- Blending large amounts of vegetables, especially if you fruit can cause blood sugar levels to skyrocket and that's always counter-productive for losing weight and burning fat.
- Not getting enough clean, lean protein while cleansing can cause your body to break down muscle tissue and that causes your metabolism to slow down. Clean, lean proteins such as LynFit Complete Protein Shake and white fish are the best and only sources you should rely on while cleansing.
- Not eating to boost your metabolism slows down your metabolism. That doesn't mean you need to eat a lot, but you have to eat right.
- Not cleansing long enough. A good cleanse should be followed for at least 21 days to break bad habits and create new good ones.
How do you cleanse your body to boost your metabolism? Follow a Metabolic Boosting Cleanse and add the following tips to maximize your results:
- Take the LynFit Daily Power Shot first thing in the morning to bathe your body with vital nutrients that will provide the energy you need.
- Perform the Metabolic Booster or Fat Blaster workout at 50% intensity and do the Recovery Stretch every other day. STOP all other activities except walking or indoor biking.
- Drink you LynFit Complete Protein Shake or LynFit Lean Bar after your morning workout. Not working out in the morning? Start now! Even 15 minutes will make a difference.
- Drink at least 4 cups of green tea daily or warm water with lemon, as well as lots of fresh water; instead of coffee.
- Take LynFit Pure Omega-3 at 3pm to keep cravings in check and bathe your body with good fats for optimal health.
- Take the LynFit Raspberry Ketone Cleanse every day at 5pm with your dinner. If constipated, use more to get your bowels working.
- Take LynFit Lean Sleep 30 minutes before bed to enhance sleep. Sleep and rest are critical while cleansing. It's when our brains bathe themselves and our bodies restore themselves.
- Don't eat in between meals. Let yourself get hungry and fill up with tea, hot water with lemon or fresh water. You're supposed to be drinking 8 glasses a day. Tea counts toward your water quota as long as it's black.
- Eat steamed vegetables for dinner and every other night have white fish.
Cleansing is THE BEST way to jump-start your fat loss when you do it right. This is a great time to pick up some new habits that will change your life for the better. After all, cleansing is more than just detoxing the body. We should also be thinking about ways we can improve our lives, and our health! Recruit your mother, husband and kids and do it together as family. Even the pets can benefit!
Need some LynSpiration? Meditate daily, early in the morning or immediately after you exercise by lying flat on your back and focusing on your breathing, slowly exhaling out your stress (guys, this is especially important for you) and focus on anything that makes you smile.
Here's a bonus recipe for you to use during your cleanse; the Alkalinity Shake. Simply add the following ingredients to your blender while making your shake. Even if you hate vegetables you'll love this. You won't even know they're in there.
Directions: Wash and prep ingredients. Add to blender and blend away!
Serves 2 (that way you already have your lunch shake prepared)
(1) cup water or black coffee (coffee is loaded with antioxidants)
(4) scoops of your favorite flavor LynFit Complete Protein Shake (results are not guaranteed when using other shakes as they are loaded with inferior protein and sugar)
(1) large cucumber
(1) fistful of kale
(2-3) stalks of celery
(1) big broccoli stem
(1/2) peeled lemon
Scared you won't like the veggies in your shake? Start slow and try one new veggie each day. Most people love kale, cucumber and spinach because they are so mild tasting.
Get ready for the detox of your life. I'll warn you upfront - it's addicting!