Breakfast Shakes: Drink Yourself Skinny
Meal-replacement shakes are an effective, easy way to drop pounds. They teach you how to eat less and lose weight quickly and permanently – and the right shake can boost your metabolism by 25%. Who doesn’t need that?
The fact is, when you’re trying to lose body fat, you can’t skip breakfast – but you may be too busy to think about calories and to make healthy choices. That’s why drinking a protein shake first thing in the morning is a simple, foolproof weight-loss method. When you drink the right protein shake, you give your body the nutrients it needs and you can also:
- Boost your metabolic rate by 25%.
- Save calories by avoiding fatty foods (if you drink a shake for breakfast, you can save an average of 400 calories per day).
- Keep your blood sugar levels balanced, allowing your body to burn stored fat as fuel.
- Increase your energy levels, which enables you to increase your activity and automatically burn more calories.
Why do meal replacements or protein shakes for breakfast work? Simply put, weight loss occurs when your metabolism gets moving and you put out more calories than you take in. If you were to replace your 750-calorie bagel and orange juice meal with a 155-calorie protein shake, you’d save 595 calories per day. And you’d see the results on your bathroom scale in no time.
We can’t be perfect all the time, so we need calorie safe havens that keep us anchored while we learn how to eat correctly. Protein shakes that contain nutrients offer those safe havens. Most people love them because they don’t have to think about food, plan meals or buy expensive products. You can even make them yourself. To start, try one of my favorite recipes: a mocha madness shake that tastes amazing.
Fat-Burning Mocha Madness
- In a blender, mix ½ cup of cold water (you can add more or less water depending on the consistency you prefer).
- Add 2 scoops of nutrient-rich chocolate-flavored protein powder.
- Add 1 tsp of granulated instant coffee.
- Gradually add 5 ice cubes to thicken.
- Blend on high for one minute (in a pinch, this shake can also be made by simply mixing ingredients together in a glass with a spoon).
- Drink yourself skinny!
- Lisa Lynn